What made you start playing VMK?

I was in a hotel and found a VMK game pamphlet advertising it. At first I didn't think much of it but then one day, when I was bored, I found that pamphlet again and decided to log on. I am so glad I did. My life was forever changed :)

I saw some little "find the hidden Mickeys" contest and it said you could win a prize. I found the hidden Mickeys and it told me to log on to VMK to get my prize. Little did I know, it was a VIRTUAL prize ... and that I would enter a virtual Disney ... and be hooked ... FOREVER ... until, one day when it all came to an end ... AND, like magic, came back again as MYVMK ... '-)

Two of my friends told me about it after they discovered it and I became obsessed after I made an account one Saturday morning! I love coming home from school and playing and spending my nights and weeks on. I remember we'd all try and get on at school, but it never worked.

Alright here goes:
It was a family vacation to Disney World. It was around the time I was super serious into Pin Trading (back when it was actually fun and not filled with a bunch of issues like today). Anyway, we decided one night to visit Downtown Disney because someone in the park told us that's where the pin traders go for meetups and such. Long story short, I met a girl there who I traded a few pins with and she told me to add her as a friend on VMK. Not knowing what that was I looked it up later that night. Lo and behold I am here today thanks to that faithful game. I swear it was fate!

I have been a fan of Disney since I was a kid but never really kept up with many of the Disney on line stuff, but my daughter did. She found VMK on the web and started playing in October of 2007. From there she had to get the entire family hooked. She eventually did as well as a stubborn me who was actually very much a hermit and not even virtual life was appealing to me. I decided to start in November 2007 the start of Enchanted month and got quite hooked as I was unemployed at the time and needed something to bide the time away. My original title was spacerightsummer which my daughter made for me. At first I tried to pull off being a teenager at that time, but when I just could not name most of the current music on the radio I could not keep up so I made a new avatar named Kirllan from my old Dungeons and Dragons character I made in the early 80s.I then became an adult and lost a lot of my teenager friends unfortunately. They did not like me because I lied but because they thought adults playing a kids game was creepy. :o Anyhow, from that point on to today I have been the one and only Kirllan.

Chill

I was 8 years old and taking a shuttle back from disney world, and i saw an advertisement on the shuttle for "vmk.com" with cool animated people and i thought it looked really fun so the entire flight home i was repeating to myself "vmk.com, vmk.com, vmk.com" and i actually remembered it!! (even 10 years later :))

Oh boy this takes me back... I believe I saw my cousin play it at our grandparent's house, we were like 8/9-9/10 (I'm older). Sadly I had joined maybe in October of 2007 so then of course VMK closes in May 2008 :(. I wasn't on much but it was fun and tried to stay on, even past my bed time and typing softly as I can to my friends. Met many nice people and found two of them on VFK luckily and spent wonderful 8 years with 1 of them while we miss the other. I knew the closing day for VMK but I think my mom had upset me so I didn't get on to say bye...

i started playing when a cast member who was in dcp gave me a cheat code trading card right outside the splash mountain exit. 3 days later i came home after the vacation and starting playing it