What was happy memories is no longer.

Mimikins

Acebatonfan
This is hurting me to write this. I've been playing VMK since 2005 and have been in love with it ever since. It wasn't until some events over the past few months that have made all those memories awful for me. There was a guy I met on the original VMK. To protect their privacy, I'm not mentioning their name. The moral of this is to be really careful about who you meet, and for those going through difficult relationships that you are stronger than them.

So I met this guy on VMK, where my sister met him on a "bay be day care" We found each other pretty quickly on VFK, and later MyVMK. We were sitting in one of his rooms on MyVMK when I made an off-handed comment about my university mascot. It turned out we lived a mere few miles from each other. We eventually decided to meet up at a bar by my old school, and it was like we were instantly BFFs. Over a few more "dates", we finally became official. You may have even seen the post I made about us a few months ago. We even planned a trip to Disney together and were thinking about us in the years to come. I thought it was perfect.

As the time went on, it clearly became more abusive. I would be late from work because a patient suddenly started crashing, and he would accuse me of cheating with my coworkers. He'd make comments about my smile. When we went to a place where an old friend of his worked, he started comparing my weight to hers and eventually called me fat. There were so many more comments, accusations, and eventually when he was actively attempting suicide he got mad at me that I carried his butt to the ER. He was manipulative, and I succumbed to it.

Eventually, I saw the warning signs, and thankfully I left him. I haven't talked to him since when I broke up with him. A 12+ year relationship was gone in the flash of an eye, and I lost a good friend. But even now, every time I come onto MyVMK, I remember he is still there and all the things he made me feel come back. At this point, I wish I never met him that day on VMK. Even now when planning my sister trip to Disney I still occasionally think in the back of my head "he was going to propose to me during this time...". I know better, and I am much stronger now, but visiting MyVMK is like going back into that past I wish to never relive and just makes me relive all those feelings again.

I'm sorry it has to come to this. I can't live in the past, even if it means I got to cut what I used to love. I hope for all of you who may be going through this type of relationship realize that you are strong, and things will get better. Goodbye

Last edited:
I am so sorry for what you have experienced and so very happy you were able to recognize him for what he is and to get away! I am so sorry he has spoiled your time in the game but I totally understand why you need to step away. Stay strong! Remember the strong beautiful and wonderful person you were before he tried to tear you down and failed! ((hugs))

:( I am sorry to hear that happened to you! I hope you find a more deserving person than him to treat you right. You will be missed.

@Mimikins you ARE stronger than them. I dated someone I had met on VFK and it moved back and forth from here, MyVMK, and there. He was abusive. I still can't his stupid self out of my head and how much hatred I have for him and wanting to out him on here. Yes this game will forever be tainted with his foulness but you know what? I created new and better memories with better people surrounding me and met someone who is far better for me. I'm not saying force yourself to stay on here, I know it's traumatizing but maybe take a break and come back once in a while?
I do hope you get better from this and have a happier life :rose: