What was your favorite Old VMK memory?

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
VMK closed 10 years ago (wait, I was only 11????) but it still holds a dear place in my childhood. I know not everyone on here started on the Old VMK, but for those of us who used to sit eagerly in the computer room waiting for it to open every Saturday morning at 10 A.M. (ya know, back when we woke up that early on weekends)... what was your favorite Old VMK memory?

I unfortunately can't remember any specific friends I made. I spent the majority of my time playing Pirates of the Caribbean (someone actually remembered me when I had my old username PopDivaSoul it was wild) and hosting games. But I would say I have two favorite memories:

The first is when I got my bird hat. I have lived 30 minutes from the park my entire life, so when I found out Disney was selling park-exclusive trading cards with items in them I lost my elementary school mind. I had saved up from doing chores for several months, so I think I walked away with like... 10 packs of cards. The majority of them were firewalls, but one was a bird hat. I felt SO COOL walking around VMK with people asking if I really lived in Orlando. My bird hat had a name but I don't remember. I think Scuttle, I was 11, remember? :)

My second favorite memory was exploring Big Thunder Mountain with a boy I had met from a Cute or Boot game. I remember we were trying to make it to Tom Sawyer's Island on the cliff part by going through certain passages. I must have spent an hour with that stranger getting lost.

So what's your favorite memory??? Share it below, I'd love to read it!

gymnastevr

Oh gosh, I'm not even sure that I can pinpoint a specific moment... but I just remember looking forward to coming home from school to spend time with my friends, hang out, and play games in each other's rooms. I loved playing pirates, especially ship battle, and was actually pretty good at it (I wish I was still as good as I was before... haha). I also remember asking my parents to buy Kelloggs cereal to get the secret codes inside the boxes for pirates stuff :)

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
i specifically remember the quest for the epcot room, the dreams suite going on sale available to everyone when disney announced they were closing vmk, getting both a bird hat and the pirate treasure couch from the parks when i visited in the summer after 3rd grade, and being so proud of myself when i learned how to navigate through big thunder and tom sawyer island.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
i specifically remember the quest for the epcot room, the dreams suite going on sale available to everyone when disney announced they were closing vmk, getting both a bird hat and the pirate treasure couch from the parks when i visited in the summer after 3rd grade, and being so proud of myself when i learned how to navigate through big thunder and tom sawyer island.
That Epcot room maddness!!! How did I forget that one??? Did you ever get the room?

VMK closed 10 years ago (wait, I was only 11????) but it still holds a dear place in my childhood. I know not everyone on here started on the Old VMK, but for those of us who used to sit eagerly in the computer room waiting for it to open every Saturday morning at 10 A.M. (ya know, back when we woke up that early on weekends)... what was your favorite Old VMK memory?

I unfortunately can't remember any specific friends I made. I spent the majority of my time playing Pirates of the Caribbean (someone actually remembered me when I had my old username PopDivaSoul it was wild) and hosting games. But I would say I have two favorite memories:

The first is when I got my bird hat. I have lived 30 minutes from the park my entire life, so when I found out Disney was selling park-exclusive trading cards with items in them I lost my elementary school mind. I had saved up from doing chores for several months, so I think I walked away with like... 10 packs of cards. The majority of them were firewalls, but one was a bird hat. I felt SO COOL walking around VMK with people asking if I really lived in Orlando. My bird hat had a name but I don't remember. I think Scuttle, I was 11, remember? :)

My second favorite memory was exploring Big Thunder Mountain with a boy I had met from a Cute or Boot game. I remember we were trying to make it to Tom Sawyer's Island on the cliff part by going through certain passages. I must have spent an hour with that stranger getting lost.

So what's your favorite memory??? Share it below, I'd love to read it!

THIS post and thread makes me emotional! Disney has such a big place in my heart, and I can remember the excitement of the in-park game opportunities. My favorite memory though, would have to be the ability to walk into any room in the park, and it be filled with players. Chit chatting, trading, dancing.

I also remember meeting new people and everyone being 'taken'. LOL! I am so happy to be apart of the community again and get to play a game from my childhood! Thanks so much for making this thread!

gymnastevr

THIS post and thread makes me emotional! Disney has such a big place in my heart, and I can remember the excitement of the in-park game opportunities. My favorite memory though, would have to be the ability to walk into any room in the park, and it be filled with players. Chit chatting, trading, dancing.

I also remember meeting new people and everyone being 'taken'. LOL! I am so happy to be apart of the community again and get to play a game from my childhood! Thanks so much for making this thread!
OMG 'taken' hahahaha i completely forgot about that! so much glove in that game :)

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I have several wonderful memories from back in the day. One of them was the time I won dream room in Tomorrowland Hub. Everyone was crowding around me and so excited for me. Then after the staff gave me the room.. they awarded everyone in room the dream ears including me. So I got the room and ears. Another memory is when I first joined the game (This one is a bit funny). I entered the game for first time and said something along the lines.. "Hi, everyone! I am new!". Then some other player was like.. Yes I know. I then go.. "How can you tell?". Then first thing I did after that was go and explore the castle. Everything was so exciting while experiencing the game for the first time.

Last edited:

Stand_Out

Official Disnerd
It isn't my happiest memory, considering how frustrating it was, but I remember FINALLY winning the Davy Jones outfit. Everyone tried to get me to trade, haha. I also remember distinctly taking all of my friends requested usernames when I went to the park so they could be born in park too. My mom was so annoyed with how much time I spent trying to get things for VMK but I had a blast. I also remember that my go to outfit involved cowboy pants, princess shoes, and a princess top (usually blue). I also had many different ride rooms with themes. I miss all of it. I also was super skilled with Fireworks. Now I can barely get 3,000 on my laptop lol.

good memory: staying up "late" on the computer (was told to go to bed) and hanging out with a friend in game in.. I believe was the Space mountain quest deck and I had so much fun trying to retain my giggles and type quietly

bad memory: someone stealing my dream ears. mmmmmm how I wish i can time travel, I'd stop my stupid self to keep that from happening. I'm never gonna let that go lol

My 3 year old daughter walking down our stairs singing "Miracle from Molecules" because she heard it so many times while I was playing :)
I also remember creating my character at Innoventions in the park and asking a cast member for the cards they were giving away. Loved the 50th Anniversary in park quest too. Gosh, miss those days.

I don't miss playing that darn Davey Jones organ game 2 million times and never winning the Sparrow outfit, lol

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
good memory: staying up "late" on the computer (was told to go to bed) and hanging out with a friend in game in.. I believe was the Space mountain quest deck and I had so much fun trying to retain my giggles and type quietly

bad memory: someone stealing my dream ears. mmmmmm how I wish i can time travel, I'd stop my stupid self to keep that from happening. I'm never gonna let that go lol
Someone scammed me out of the OG Princess Minnie ears the last week of the game. I was DEVASTATED! I had given up all my stuff for it. RIP. I'm 21 now and it still stings a little lol

Stand_Out

Official Disnerd
My 3 year old daughter walking down our stairs singing "Miracle from Molecules" because she heard it so many times while I was playing :)
I also remember creating my character at Innoventions in the park and asking a cast member for the cards they were giving away. Loved the 50th Anniversary in park quest too. Gosh, miss those days.

I don't miss playing that darn Davey Jones organ game 2 million times and never winning the Sparrow outfit, lol
It took WAY too long to do and then after like 3 months, it lost its dazzle and no one cared lol

Fix

Coolest Member
I can’t remeber a specific time or instance, but I loved OG VMK so much. I had never been to any of the magic kingdoms (still haven’t) so it was nice to pretend like I was there.

I laugh at the memories of having to say “glove” instead of “love”, “hat” instead of “hate”, “skill” instead of “kill” and “he add” instead of “head”. Still cracks me up.

I also loved hanging out in the monorail. Just the sounds and the music of the monorail and the station throw me a decade into the past. I love it!

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
I can’t remeber a specific time or instance, but I loved OG VMK so much. I had never been to any of the magic kingdoms (still haven’t) so it was nice to pretend like I was there.

I laugh at the memories of having to say “glove” instead of “love”, “hat” instead of “hate”, “skill” instead of “kill” and “he add” instead of “head”. Still cracks me up.

I also loved hanging out in the monorail. Just the sounds and the music of the monorail and the station throw me a decade into the past. I love it!
Omg Glove yessssssss lol
I remember wearing my pink princess around all the time and begging my family to go to disneyland to collect the nemo submarine cards that were given when the ride first opened.
I also remember fighting my sister for the computer to play vmk because she loved it too and getting up at the crack of dawn to get on the game
Also playing the quests hidden mickey ones and such and so many more players in rooms :/