What's the worst book(s) you've read?

This is merely for curiosity's sake. Did you ever pick up a book that was suggested to you or sounded great in the description to find out it is down-right awful? Thankfully it hasn't happened much as I usually stick to authors I've already read or know.

Here goes: (Both by the same Author)
1. Breathless - Dean Koontz
2. Watchers - Dean Koontz

Now I'm not saying Koontz is a bad author as I've read others by him and they were decent reads, but these two were just a pain to finish. Breathless was a gift and Watchers was recommended by my father. They were both sci-fi/thriller types of novels which you would think would be fast paced and exciting adventures, etc. NOPE! Watching grass grow would have been more exciting than these two.

So how about you, what terrible books have you read?

Neda

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

I know it's such a thing for people to hate on the series now but when I think about it, that was the only book I didn't like.
I read it when it became popular because everyone else was reading it. (also I needed AR points and this was worth quite a bit)
I just didn't like it at all. :blue:

Kinglaser

The Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. It was confusing, didnt give much of a backstory, and I didnt enjoy it (although I did read the first three books. Not sure if there are any past those).
Also the second half of the Maximum Ride series, also by James Patterson. The first three books were good, but the four or five after it were just.. forced.

The Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. It was confusing, didnt give much of a backstory, and I didnt enjoy it (although I did read the first three books. Not sure if there are any past those).
Also the second half of the Maximum Ride series, also by James Patterson. The first three books were good, but the four or five after it were just.. forced.
I read both series. Maximum Ride was stellar till about the 5th book, then it became repetitive and unoriginal. Witch and the Wizard was good but I do agree that they just flung us into a storyline without much detail about anything.

The 3rd and 4th books from the maze runner series. The death cure and (i forget the name of the 4th it was that awful)

The first 2 books of the series were quite good and I enjoyed them but the 3rd and 4th were just so so bad.

I can say the same for the 2nd film that was made (the scorch trials). So awful.

Kinglaser

The 3rd and 4th books from the maze runner series. The death cure and (i forget the name of the 4th it was that awful)

The first 2 books of the series were quite good and I enjoyed them but the 3rd and 4th were just so so bad.

I can say the same for the 2nd film that was made (the scorch trials). So awful.
Never read the fourth book (it's kinda like a prequel, right?) and really have no inclination to, but I remember reading the third book and hating it. The ending felt like a slap in the face, sort of like he just wanted it to end and gave us a random, thrown together at the last minute kind of ending.

Red Rain by R.L. Stine is HORRIBLE! So withing the first 5 chapters YOU KNOW WHO DID IT! So this woman goes to a mysterious island and a storm hits and then all of a sudden these twins pop up who happened to have lost their parents, so she adopts them and TAKES THEM HOME WITH HER! So then people start dying and she cant figure out how everyone is suddenly getting killed! Like whats the only new factor? THE TWINS! -_- I was so pumped for this book because it was his first adult horror book but it was just horrid! No surprise or "wow factor" to it. Just gory details about deaths and ignorance about who'd kill everyone! They didn't even have a good reason for doing it! They just killed everyone as "protection" of the woman who "saved" them! (There is a little twist in the story I am not going to give away but it does not add anything to this book whats so ever!)

Red Rain by R.L. Stine is HORRIBLE! So withing the first 5 chapters YOU KNOW WHO DID IT! So this woman goes to a mysterious island and a storm hits and then all of a sudden these twins pop up who happened to have lost their parents, so she adopts them and TAKES THEM HOME WITH HER! So then people start dying and she cant figure out how everyone is suddenly getting killed! Like whats the only new factor? THE TWINS! -_- I was so pumped for this book because it was his first adult horror book but it was just horrid! No surprise or "wow factor" to it. Just gory details about deaths and ignorance about who'd kill everyone! They didn't even have a good reason for doing it! They just killed everyone as "protection" of the woman who "saved" them! (There is a little twist in the story I am not going to give away but it does not add anything to this book whats so ever!)
Not sure when this book was released but I will say that R.L. Stine is not as good an author as he used to be. He's run out of ideas and it's showing.

Chill

Across The Universe by Beth Revis. Terrible attempt at a sci-fi/mystery/YA crossover... in my opinion it was about the quality I'd expect from an online fan fiction. Would not recommend :)

Doesn't really count as a book, but I HATE The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka.

Unpopular opinion here, but I strongly disliked The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Holden's attitude and actions just made me so mad :rage:

I gave up on "The Spy who came in from the Cold". It wasn't bad it was a little bit too confusing and difficult to visualize what's going.

Romantic

i just feel you
Reading The Lord of the Flies in high school was the worst (and I liked a lot of what I read in high school, Fahrenheit 451 is still one of my favorite books!)
I also disliked Animal Farm and cannot get into 1984 (possibly because of the current political climate)

I loathed The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn! It was awful in high school, and I encountered it again in college but had to compare it to Leslie Fiedler's Male Intimacy Theory... what a class!