Where Do You Roleplay?

Foxe

Inscrutable
This might not be the right place for this, so I apologize in advance and will not argue if this gets moved.

I was wondering if the users who have posted in this subforum all carry out their roleplays right here or if they take them to Skype, messaging, or another site altogether? I was hoping to get into some roleplays and figured that people on this forum might have similar interests to mine, and was wondering how people here preferred to do it. I know this forum is tightly regulated (and in a very fair manner to ensure that the content remains appropriate for everyone) but does that ever mess up what you might be hoping to achieve in a roleplaying thread?

Just a few questions off the top of my head as I browse through this place. Hope they aren't misdirected.

Graham

オミッド

Elle

I roleplay on BU, but it recently got hacked, so i've moved to roleplaychat but eventually just end up moving the roleplays to YIM or skype.

Foxe

Inscrutable
I usually use Roleplayer Guild, honestly, as someone earlier in this thread had mentioned, and I've dabbled in tumblr roleplays but those usually don't hold my interest for long.

Thank you for your replies.

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
I do in real life bc there's this guy who's madly in love with me and i act like i'm in love with him too but seriously, Im not[DOUBLEPOST=1410295609][/DOUBLEPOST]I do in real life at school bc there's this guy who's madly in love with me and i act like i'm in love with him too but seriously, Im not

Foxe

Inscrutable
What exactly is roleplaying? :whoa:
Let me take a crack at that, since I've been doing it for years now.

There's a few different types of roleplaying but I'll stick to the most commonly discussed ones: forum-based and tabletop. Both of these can be done with Skype as a medium, but there are sites, subforums, and tumblrs devoted to both as well.

Forum-based roleplaying is when one or more people decide on a plot and go back and forth writing their parts of the story. Sometimes, people will take an established franchise, let's say Frozen, and will decide to play as Anna and Kristoff and write some sort of adventure for them or will introduce an original character to the world. Each person who's taking part in the roleplay usually writes up a character sheet to describe the person they have invented, unless they are choosing to portray an already-established character. Other times, a completely new world and characters will be created and there will be multiple character sheets, maybe a map, and tons of planning behind it. Those roleplays are fairly common, but they tend to fall into recognizable genres (school, historical, high fantasy, sci-fi, superhero, etc.). In this case, it's basically like taking turns and writing a novel with some friends or strangers.

Tabletop roleplaying is more akin to Dungeons and Dragons, so there'll be dice and literal sheets of paper to keep track of your character's stats and history. I don't tend to do these sorts of things, but it's a rich community and also a great way of telling a story.

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
I do in real life bc there's this guy who's madly in love with me and i act like i'm in love with him too but seriously, Im not[DOUBLEPOST=1410295609][/DOUBLEPOST]I do in real life at school bc there's this guy who's madly in love with me and i act like i'm in love with him too but seriously, Im not
and not to mention in drama class and in class

unicorndust

I personally would never rp on tumblr. I noticed with every fandom, or person I came into contact with that there was always drama, or everything came to be a huge popularity contest. It started to become not so fun. So I stopped using tumblr. I haven't really rped in a while, perhaps I'll check out some of the links posted <3

I do form-based RP on Twitter. I've never reallyy given anywhere else a shot, as I like the ease of use of Twitter and the ability to be signed into multiple accounts at once through apps like TweetDeck. Though I think it has gone a bit downhill since I started. Granted, though, I've still met some of the best people through Twitter RP, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.[DOUBLEPOST=1467632088][/DOUBLEPOST] I played that for like two seconds and it just...XD felt weird to me.

I used to roleplay on MMORPG forums, granted I did the same thread for a year before it died off and didn't really notice there were so many other places to do it. Just iffy about tumblr and twitter so eh.

I used to roleplay on MMORPG forums, granted I did the same thread for a year before it died off and didn't really notice there were so many other places to do it. Just iffy about tumblr and twitter so eh.
You could always give one or the other a shot, but I imagine there are even more places to RP than just those two if it doesn't work out. XD

D'you still RP anywhere?

Did anyone else use Polyvore to roleplay way back when? I wish that place would grow popular again in the roleplaying aspect because I'd join back up ASAP
I still use Polyvore to role-play lol. Just gotta find role-players on there, there are still a lot :)

I'm kinda glad I found this thread, because Roleplay is literally my sanctuary.

But anyway, I've always RP'd on Twitter, mainly because I can easily thread my replies, but I've since then began to hate it. Due to the sheer fact that it's just drama and problems 24/7. I hate it.

I'd love to get back into Roleplaying somewhere, because I've been itching to write for the longest time. So if anyone can possibly point me in a good direction? :)

Yalas

Order of Merlin, Second Class
I legit though you meant more of Dungeons and Dragons Roleplaying. I am in two campaign currently, but I have been theory crafting a chaotic evil character that has some pretty awesome motivation for a generally evil campaign. If anyone is interested in hearing more, let me know.