Why did you join VMK?

AlphaTheEdge

I am just wondering, for I'm sure we all had our own reasons. I've never really been about getting virtual wealth, my whole intention of joining VMK many, many years ago was to meet nice people who obsessed over Disney like I did. Plus, my Disney withdrawals weren't so bad when I could sign in to a virtual Disneyland ;)

So tell me.. Why did you join VMK??

Because, my obsession with Disney and at the time I never went to Disney world or land and that was pretty much one of my biggest dreams so for a thing like a virtual magic kingdom to exist was such an amazing outlet for me but I finally got to go to Disney world for the first time in 2009 a year after vmk closed but if your asking why i joined this game, one word "nostalgia"

I saw an advertisement for beta in Disney Adventures Magazine and signed up the first chance I could

mark

10 mins late to everything
My cousin's friends told my cousin about this game and they loved it so much they told all the cousins lol... since I was 6-8 while I played it they didn't really tell me I just followed what my sister did. my mom was overprotective she asked a cast member 2 yrs later when we went to Disney in Dec 07 (5 months before closing) she's all like Whats that game? Oh! Yeah its a good game :).[DOUBLEPOST=1408650380][/DOUBLEPOST]I remember how VMK closed the next day I'd always reload the VMK.com seeing a blank page or the actual site, guys I had a very popular adoption room that was in the Castle Suit Dreams thing room!!!!! It was in the top of the list even after I logged out!!! (It was the last day I remember x_x)

I honesty don't remember how I came across VMK. I guess I just came across it whilest on the internet, but I have no recollection of how I joined.

My mom went to WDW for a few days in 2005, came home, and basically said "Hey, there's this Disney game I saw on the TV in my room. I made you an account. Go play." :giggle: I remember the ad in Disney Adventures, too, so I probably would've discovered then if not before. I was already playing TT and CP before VMK, so I was already familiar with MMOs.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing, but I was hooked instantly. :p I've been a huge Disney fan my entire life, and having a virtual Disney world was, like, the most amazing thing ever created by mankind. It was the highlight of my virtual life and one of the highlights of my trips to Disney during that time. I can, at times, still capture the magical feeling it gave me and it always gives me warm fuzzies. I wish I could still experience it. :cloud9:

MissSimba

One of my close friends had found the site and called me. She asked me to join so we could play together. From then on, I was addicted. I logged in nearly every day, and there were times during school breaks where my schedule revolved around VMK's opening and closing times.

In sixth grade I started reading Kingdom Keepers and one day in the library a girl goes "you know that place is real, vmk" and right when I got home I went online. I spent so much time on there, right up until it closed. Then this may I decided to reread the first book and did a google search for "vmk"... Idrk why.... But I found this :D couldn't be happier, I've made the best friends and am always online. Thank you Amy!

I was bored.
I went on wikipedia to research Toontown. Once I reached the bottom, I saw this thing that mentioned other games like Toontown. What did I see? None other, than some magical game called VMK. I went to the website right after I read a little about it off of wikipedia. I just had to make an account! So I called my dad for permission (I was a little kid). Then I joined! :)

Memories...

My dad got an email about its opening, and he introduced my brother and I to it. And that's all it took. It was also my first account on the internet ever, so it was quite the learning experience for 5th grade me.

Lil_Lyssa94

I always loved Disney and one day my mom found an advertisement for the game in a magazine so needless to say I joined and became hooked immediately.

Foustketeer

Not romantic, too dramatic
Happened to get a Disney Adventures in the mail, noticed that it was starting that day (May 2005) and, being the Disney nut that I am, figured that it would be the perfect place for me.

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
Bc in real, i have a speech imparement and so other ppl can't understand me unless im around them all the time and plus my cousin got me into it

iTony

Ohana means family.
For my 13th birthday, my family took a drip town to Disney World to spend a week there. We were going somewhere and we had to take a bus there. When we sat down in the bus, I looked up and saw an advertisement for VMK. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. When I came home, I looked it up and signed up and grew addicted to it. I eventually got my siblings to play as well, but then they stopped and I kept playing. It helped me escaped reality and the problems I was facing back then.