Why is it better to go to WDW during January than in the Spring?

Can someone help me write a convincing argument about why it's better to go to WDW during January than it is during Spring Break?

So far I have:
Less crowded
Shorter wait times
Better prices on plain fare and tickets

Last edited:
Tickets to Disney are not usually cheaper in January, at least to my knowledge. But, probably will get better airplane fares. Also, hotel prices are cheaper during that time too, if you stay on property. You will definitely be able to get a lot more done with the lower crowds. If you want to do character meals they will definitely be easier to get during that time!

Jessy

Barista Extraordinaire
Great weather! Most of the people there are Annual passholders, who tend to be more mellow. Not very many field trips in the winter. very nice time to go. I highly recommend

Like it's said before, the heat is probably the biggest thing. It will be so much easier walking around not dripping sweat and about to pass out. Water rides may be an issue because it will be a little chilly, but usually splash mountains a 50/50 chance on getting soaked. I just went yesterday and sat front row and only got a few drops on me so.

As others have said:
1. It's not peak season which means it'll be less crowded.
2. Cooler weather. Although some January's in Florida can be quite warm. ( Three years ago I was in Jacksonville during January and it was 95 degrees. We had to rush home to North Georgia before a winter storm could hit. Always check the weather to pack accordingly. I didn't and had to buy shorts while I was there only to freeze on the way home!)

thats when my fam always went bc the lines would be super short & quick and it isnt as crowded as it usually would be

Bindingkey

It's off season. Everyone is in school/at work. Because it's off season there's no real reason for the prices to be jacked up and screw everyone over. The weather is actually enjoyable and you don't want to die from intense humidity (plus it might also be the coldest weather in Florida for the year). It's just generally a much more pleasant time to go to Disney World. Spring is the calm before the storm (Flower & Garden Festival and literally May, in which crowds start to pick up).

Plus around this time many guests will be either locals or are avid Disney fans I've noticed. Guests aren't as irritating this time of the year.

Nokuto

I'm going in November :) Just before Thanksgiving which I'm told is perfect less people are there before the holiday rush. January sounds good too as long as it's not for New Years.

Bindingkey

I'm going in November :) Just before Thanksgiving which I'm told is perfect less people are there before the holiday rush. January sounds good too as long as it's not for New Years.
I'm going in November too, and it is a great time to go. It IS however close to the holidays so like noon to 4 it's almost unbearable with wait times. The first half of November is a much better alternative than peak seasons though.

Nokuto

I'm going in November too, and it is a great time to go. It IS however close to the holidays so like noon to 4 it's almost unbearable with wait times. The first half of November is a much better alternative than peak seasons though.
Yeah, a travel thing said go a week before thankgivng though, they said it wouldn't be busy at all.

^^^ as all said above. If you do choose to go in spring, please please please make sure you aren't going during any cheer competitions held at the ESPN Sports center there. Typically, these are in the spring months. My sister works at Disney World and says the lines and crowd get substantially worse just because of these competitions (being a former cheerleader myself, not surprised.)

Bindingkey

This is just a heads up actually, since @Bellarina is mentioning the cheer competitions. The week of November 11 is a national high school journalism convention at the Swan and Dolphin hotels (which are booked because of this). My mom is one of the directors for it and apparently a lot of people are going and a lot of high schools are going into the parks, but I'm optimistic it won't put a massive dent on an average day. But just so anyone wanting to go in early November can at least be prepared, just keep that in mind.

LisaMarie

It depends when in January you go. The first week, and the last two weeks are pretty empty.
The second week is a Cheerleader thing and Run Disney so it's more crowded.
It's really nice weather.
Plane fare is cheaper
Hotels are cheaper (they usually have package deals with dining or room rates and tickets)
Less Crowded in Parks
1st Week of January Christmas decorations are still up.

--
Only downsides are that 1 waterpark is closed, they switch off. I think its TL this time.. It's kinda chilly to swim anyway
andddd sometimes rides can be closed down for maintenance.