Would you rather see what people look like, or no?

I've been wondering this myself.
At times I don't want to see what people look like behind their in-game avatar. I discussed this with a friend of mine from MyVMK, and we both somewhat feel the same way(SHOUT OUT TO JAL!).
My reasoning is that, I don't necessarily want my opinion on that person to change once I see what they look like.(It's the same for those who don't want to post pictures of themselves) But at the same time, it's kind of hard to build a stable friendship/relationship with someone if you have no idea what they look like.
The mystery is kind of fun too.
Overall my curiosity gets the better of me, and I do prefer to see someone's real life appearance. Am I ever disappointed? Honestly, no I am not. Am I surprised? Yes. There's been this stereotype that people who play online games are unattractive. We can see here, that-that is OBVIOUSLY not the case.
This stereotype is old though. It's pretty much old school. Especially considering that playing video games, is ACTUALLY the hip thing to do now.

So, do you prefer seeing what people look like in real life, or no?

InfinityFay

I would like to see what someone looks like if we've become close.

Sometimes it's awkward though cause we've built this image in our head and if it doesn't match up... It's strange?
Idk, It's hard to explain.

I would like to see what someone looks like if we've become close.

Sometimes it's awkward though cause we've built this image in our head and if it doesn't match up... It's strange?
Idk, It's hard to explain.
That's a bit of how I feel about it. I don't feel disappointed, but it's still a weird surprise.
I bet it's even stranger meeting them in person for the first time.
The first hour or so has gotta be really really awkward.

InfinityFay

That's a bit of how I feel about it. I don't feel disappointed, but it's still a weird surprise.
I bet it's even stranger meeting them in person for the first time.
The first hour or so has gotta be really really awkward.
Oh, I'm not disappointed. :no: It's just weird in the sense... Like if I thought you were a red head... And you're not. It just changes my preconceived idea of you. That's what our mind does! It tries to form a picture even with no image to base it on.

Haha I guess it would be extremely uncomfortable to meet someone if you have nothing in common with them except a game...:hug:

Oh, I'm not disappointed. :no: It's just weird in the sense... Like if I thought you were a red head... And you're not. It just changes my preconceived idea of you. That's what our mind does! It tries to form a picture even with no image to base it on.

Haha I guess it would be extremely uncomfortable to meet someone if you have nothing in common with them except a game...:hug:
Honestly, I know I'm not the only one who expects people who are dark skinned on the game to be dark skinned in real life(vice versa).

Jasmine

I like to know what someone looks like if I'm talking to them often. Usually, I'd expect them to look like their avatar (unless it's pink or purple or something like that).

I like to put a face to a name and see who I am talking to! Plus I'm always curious if someone I knows plays vmk too :p

Hipster

♥ нιρ ツ ♥
If I really gotten to know you then maybe yeah.

but people shouldn't judge by looks because these avatars give us a different perspective on how you really look irl and I know some girl who
seen the other person's picture then stopped talking to them because they looked unexpected which is sad ~_~

Otters

I'm a really curious person so yeah I always like to see what people look like haha. If I talk to people a lot I like to know just bc I like to have a face to who I'm talking to and it's kinda odd to have a close friendship or something without even knowing what someone looks like but idk I can understand people that prefer not to have people know at the same time I guess.
I don't really care what anyone that I talk to looks like and I've never been disappointed lol idk I'm juST CURIOUS

I don't care what people look like, so if they weren't the prettiest flower in the garden I wouldn't change our friendship. But it would be nice to have proof that they are who they say they are. I don't really need any proof unless I get close with the person.

It doesn't matter what they look like. All that counts is what inside and what's inside is a star. Everyone has the potential inside to be a star and it doesn't matter who you are. Look inside you and find the good and be who you inspire to be because on the internet your acne-covered skin and fat-Santa-Claus-belly does not matter, only your heart does.

Always stay true to your heart. <3 live life to fullest

But if you want to share your picture go for it it's quite interesting to see what lurks behind the corridor you know? I know. You know? It's not that I wouldn't mind if they didn't show me what they look like but if they did that's cool too. Just cool to know.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I always like seeing what my friend looks like, and if I don't it just doesn't feel real TBH. But at the end of the day I don't care what you look like, if you 're a nice person we can always be friends. :)

gravebound

not actually a grave
id love to see what people look like, but honestly in the end it doesn't matter. so many people like to either go one of two routes: the, "i'm going to stop talking to you because i find you unattractive", or the "i'll still like you even though you're really ugly"
too many people put emphasis on aesthetic attraction whether it's the shallow kind or the passive-aggressively insulting kind.

I like seeing what people look like. Puts a face to the name. I don't care if you're drop dead gorgeous or "ugly", we are still gonna be friends. So.

I prefer not to, but I tolerate it because it happens and even I do it, so whatever.
I hate looking at people in general though so it has nothing to do with what you're saying (((((::::