Jungle Cruise Payout Lowering /:

Should the payout of JC stay the same, raise, or lower?

• Stay the Same

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • Raise

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • Lower

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exuberance

not everyone who earns credits earns them to boost the economy or to trade their items they get. a ton of people do it just so they can have an item they missed from the original vmk and i know a lot of people who play this mainly just to build nice rooms. i dont get why people act as if the games economy is EVERYTHING when not everyone plays this game just to trade.
Sorry, if this were true, there wouldn't be a trade room at the top of the guest room list every day.

Trading is a huge deal in this game. If people just wanted the items they had in the original game, MyVMK might as well release everything for free. But then nobody would come back because it would be boring.

People earned credits and built rooms just fine in the original game with the original credit levels.

Sorry, if this were true, there wouldn't be a trade room at the top of the guest room list every day.

Trading is a huge deal in this game. If people just wanted the items they had in the original game, MyVMK might as well release everything for free. But then nobody would come back because it would be boring.

People earned credits and built rooms just fine in the original game with the original credit levels.
never denied trading being a big deal in this game, but not everyone plays this game mainly to trade. also if you notice, only like half of the time are people actually trading in those trade rooms.
in the original game there were several other outlets of receiving/earning items, so thats not even a good point lol

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
loooool there's very few people who come on just to trade. I've literally never met someone who admits to liking trading. I only visit trading rooms to visit friends and there's been numerous threads about how people find it disruptive to have trade rooms overrun by non-traders. I think the only time people actually visit trade rooms is when 1) they won an expensive item and want to sell it to the rich obsessive traders that lurk the trade rooms or 2) because they want to get that one item they don't have like cowboy pants or what not. And after they get it, they book it because they'd rather go build or socialize because regardless of what you say, VMK is a social game.

ps I guarantee you 90% of the people look at trade rooms as socializing rooms.

Exuberance

in the original game there were several other outlets of receiving/earning items, so thats not even a good point lol
Lol, the only "other outlets" you're referring are the in-park quests and the flash minigames. Quest items are hardly ever sold. I guess we all need a credit boost to buy those pirate map tables.

Old VMK released magic for 10,000 credits. People got by just fine. MyVMK has never released an item for more than 10,000.

In Old VMK, people didn't complain for Jungle Cruise to get a massive credit raise from 20 credits to 700. They bought expensive items just fine. And since only 10% of people actually trade, they didn't trade for it either.

Last edited:

Exuberance

In Old VMK, Haunted Mansion and Pirates were out.
Thank you for agreeing! Pirates is coming out, so all credits should be lowered to what they were originally.

In Old VMK, the in-park quests and various other minigames were out. In Old VMK, there were the quest kiosks.
Quest kiosks are not relevant to raising the amount of credits in Jungle Cruise (unless people completed player-made quests solely for the purpose of obtaining buyables).

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
Thank you for agreeing! Pirates is coming out, so all credits should be lowered to what they were originally.

Quest kiosks are not relevant to raising the amount of credits in Jungle Cruise (unless people completed player-made quests solely for the purpose of obtaining buyables).
I never said I agreed with you. In fact, my opinions side with Oreo. I believe that socializing is a bigger part of the game, more than trading has been or will be. I see more socializing and building going on than trading most of the time (ironic, since a majority of my posts are in the trading posts, I'm sure).

Though, if my memory serves me well from what I've read (said this a million times - I never played the old VMK), couldn't you obtain credits in-game from quest kiosks? I'm just saying we do not have those options as of yet, and until we do I'd rather JC stay either at the same rate or go a bit higher. Especially since I don't exactly plan on playing Pirates more than JC. I actually like the game.

Exuberance

couldn't you obtain credits in-game from quest kiosks? I'm just saying we do not have those options as of yet, and until we do I'd rather JC stay either at the same rate or go a bit higher.
You could. But most of the time, people weren't giving up their hard earned credits for free.

Kiosks were used to trade credits. In MyVMK, you can trade credits via gift cards or pixel trades. These are new options only available in MyVMK and not the old game.

Especially since I don't exactly plan on playing Pirates more than JC. I actually like the game.
But you won't earn more credits from playing Pirates because all minigame credits will be lowered. You'll earn comparable amounts of credits in both. So whichever game you decide to play, you'll earn just about the same.

I've literally never met someone who admits to liking trading. I only visit trading rooms to visit friends and there's been numerous threads about how people find it disruptive to have trade rooms overrun by non-traders. I think the only time people actually visit trade rooms is . . . ps I guarantee you 90% of the people look at trade rooms as socializing rooms.
Lol, if you're going to discredit what people like, let me use your exact same argument:

"There are very few people who play Jungle Cruise because they enjoy clicking on animals over and over. I've literally never met someone who admits to liking the actual game of Jungle Cruise. I only play to earn 300 credits after just one round. If people actually liked Jungle Cruise for the actual game, then people would play all three rounds of Jungle Cruise instead of just one.

P.S. I guarantee you 90% of people play Jungle Cruise because they can earn 10,000 credits in 1.5 hours while catching up on their favorite movie."

As you can see, your argument is kind of extreme. There's nothing wrong with liking trading. There's nothing wrong with liking Jungle Cruise.

What is wrong is when you earn too much from any minigame. So this will be fixed to where you can't earn quite as much in any minigame.

Last edited:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
You could. But most of the time, people weren't giving up their hard earned credits for free.
No people traded an item for credits a lot. They usually used a trusted player to hold an item while the trade was made for credits.
Kiosks were used to trade credits. In MyVMK, you can trade credits via gift cards or pixel trades. These are new options only available in MyVMK and not the old game.
There are very few game cards in circulation now. Pixels are a major pain. People who were able to get to the parks were actually able to get rich not even playing games. Because they could trade there park quest items easily for 10k magic. So players who were not very good at games could still get nice items.

"There are very few people who play Jungle Cruise because they enjoy clicking on animals over and over. I've literally never met someone who admits to liking the actual game of Jungle Cruise. I only play to earn 300 credits after just one round. If people actually liked Jungle Cruise for the actual game, then people would play all three rounds of Jungle Cruise instead of just one.
I can name a few people that actually like jungle cruise. There are quiet a few who used to love the VMK jungle cruise before cheaters ruined the game and Amy changed it to stop them. I actually like jungle cruise but will only play one round because it gives me the highest payout. But do enjoy playing a full game. I just find the game buggy and maybe when the new client comes out that might help it. The real JC lovers still are upset with the change.

P.S. I guarantee you 90% of people play Jungle Cruise because they can earn 10,000 credits in 1.5 hours while catching up on their favorite movie."
Very wrong I can list at list 50 or more players who do not have this skill. They struggle to earn every credit they make. And they are players who play ever day who love myvmk. Also the most expensive item sold on myvmk was 50,000 credits.

As you can see, your argument is kind of extreme. There's nothing wrong with liking trading. There's nothing wrong with liking Jungle Cruise.
I actually find the argument that it is too easy to make credits elitist. You have not taken into consideration more than half of the players that are not gamers. That spend at most 2 hours a day on the game. Because they have jobs, families etc. I see that trade rooms are popular because most people hang there and that is where their friends are. Not because they love to trade.

Also look how big this poll has become. People who do not normally come to this board have come to at least vote. That says a lot of what people are thinking. It is not greed for how easy the credits are they are coming because they find it hard to make credits already to buy even one of everything. They are playing for the memories not for the wealth. Do you remember the survey of the age groups and how surprised people where to find so many people over 30 who play this game. By 30 most have full time jobs and families. So to take full advantage of all the game has to offer they do not have time to put in hours a day just to earn credits. They are not sitting in their rooms watching TV they are raising families or running a household.

I can name at least 100 people who play for the memories mostly. That find earning credits really hard right now. I think this forum gives a false view of who all plays myvmk. Many many refuse to come here anymore or only read the boards and not post. I try to bridge both those world and pass on any relevant info like this poll.

Exuberance

No people traded an item for credits a lot.
Thank you, but I already mentioned that they were used for trading credits.

People who were able to get to the parks were actually able to get rich not even playing games. Because they could trade there park quest items easily for 10k magic.
That's a good point, but people who didn't go to the parks far outnumbered the people who did. And the people who didn't go to the parks earned their credits the hard way: fireworks, jungle cruise, pirates, or haunted mansion. Soon we'll have 3 of those 4 options.

I can name a few people that actually like jungle cruise. The real JC lovers still are upset with the change.
As I said, there is nothing wrong with liking Jungle Cruise. I was simply reusing an argument to show that it doesn't make sense to discredit what others like, whether it be trading or JC.

I love Pirates. But I'm not upset that it's not giving out 700 credits per full game like Jungle Cruise. I'm just happy to play Pirates again. It could give me 20 credits per game if it wanted.

I can list at list 50 or more players who do not have this skill. They struggle to earn every credit they make. Also the most expensive item sold on myvmk was 50,000 credits.
For every 50 who struggle, I can list 300 who earn credits fine. Just count how many able players hopped on to Jungle Cruise on double credit weekend.

I forgot about ring boxes, but those are expensive because they show wealth. 10,000 credits for Old VMK items is reasonable.

I actually find the argument that it is too easy to make credits elitist. You have not taken into consideration more than half of the players that are not gamers.
As you have stated, many players in this game are adults. But many players were adults in the original VMK as well. The adults in the original found the time to earn credits at the original values.

You only feel this way because the new credit payouts were elevated. Had the credits never been raised for Jungle Cruise in MyVMK, or any other game for that matter, there would be no complaints.

It is not greed for how easy the credits are they are coming because they find it hard to make credits already to buy even one of everything. They are playing for the memories not for the wealth.
Keep in mind that when the Sparky hat was announced many players wanted it to be expensive. Do you remember this? If not, please refer here: http://forums.myvmk.com/index.php?threads/sparky-hat.25345/.

Why did people want it to be so expensive after a waterslide competition? So "it's harder to obtain." "So it can be more rare." VMK is not just a social game.

If anything, we should raise the amount of credits for visiting NPCs. I genuinely enjoy visiting them.

Last edited:

Littlebelle

You are right Myvmk is not just a social game. But most of the people who play this game do not want the credits lowered. I am actually very surprised by the amount of players that and come on to vote on this poll. That in itself speaks volumes of what players are looking for. I hope The staff of Myvmk are looking at this very carefully. :)

Exuberance

You are right Myvmk is not just a social game. But most of the people who play this game do not want the credits lowered. I am actually very surprised by the amount of players that and come on to vote on this poll. That in itself speaks volumes of what players are looking for. I hope The staff of Myvmk are looking at this very carefully. :)
Polls shouldn't dictate everything staff does. Not to mention the results of this poll should have been obvious.

If I made a poll whether to give everybody in the game 10,000 credits for free, the results would overwhelmingly be yes. If I made a poll about the price of items, whether they should cost more, stay the same, or lower, the results would overwhelmingly be to lower shop prices. If I made a poll about the probability of SITS, whether it should increase, stay the same, or lower, the results would be overwhelmingly increase.

But that doesn't mean it's a good idea or that the players should get what they want. Staff knows what is best for players.

Last edited:

AlsCabals

okay, I honestly didn't read every single post in this thread...

however, if any games are being lowered in the amount of credits being given out, then the price of new releases should not be anymore than 5k...

for example, bird hat.
if there are less credits being given out, 10k is going to be very difficult to reach.
honestly, I'll still play fireworks even when POTC comes out.

does that make sense?

Littlebelle

NO I am saying that it was a big enough of a deal for players who never come here to vote. It is was just sits I doubt many would have taken the time to come. It is the amount of players who voted that speaks more than what they are voting for.

I am sorry I do not have that same confidence. Until a survey is done to show the demographics. No one truly knows who is playing and why. I worry about the effects a decision like this could make on the game. I do agree in the future that credits should be lowered. But I do not think the timing is now. This could really hurt the game and have many players give up and leave. We are small enough as it is I do not want to see more players leave. Especially the older demographics. Right now the better players help out a lot of the weaker players. All this does right now until more games are finished is to discourage this if credit out put is lowered.

Yes I think Players when it comes to credit discussion should have a very big say. For without the players there is no game. Now many will say well no one would quit over that. If the was the old VMK yes that would be true. People are trying so hard to relive their memories if it become to difficult to do that then no they will not stay.

The problem is not the items in the store it is the cost to trade for items. I will and continue to believe the worse mistake was the firewalls which are now the item that is most traded for anywhere from 10K to 25K. To get the rarer items you need lots of these. These were 750 credits in September. So what may be easy to get a bird hat not so easy to earn your way to a flip hat or even dream ears. Everything is based off of firewalls now.

So it is hard to make credits to get those rarer items. If you build it costs a lot of credits to build nice rooms. More credits means you can enjoy doing more things. Most people really want to just have fun in the game. Having more credits means a lot more generosity.

Lower the amount it makes it even more frustrating for newer players to catch up or even try. That is the bigger picture.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The problem is not the items in the store it is the cost to trade for items. I will and continue to believe the worse mistake was the firewalls which are now the item that is most traded for anywhere from 10K to 25K. To get the rarer items you need lots of these. These were 750 credits in September. So what may be easy to get a bird hat not so easy to earn your way to a flip hat or even dream ears. Everything is based off of firewalls now.
I agree with you 150%. I honestly wish firewalls would rerelease so that the price would drastically lower. Just in the past 1-2 weeks, the price has gone from 20k to 25k. Not only were they released for 750 credits, but they were also averaging 10k for several months. It's truly getting out of control. And the fact that Gift Cards which are only redeemable for 9.5k, and were released for TRADING and not for SHOW, are now 20k....that's ridiculous. I really don't see the logic and as you said, it's so impossible to trade for so many items now and really sucks the fun out of everything.

And it's even a bigger slap in the face when you come to the realization that the constant price changes are thanks to certain people who have cheated their ways into obtaining multiples of expensive items just because there's no rules and nobody stopping them from doing so. And I know you can say "if you don't like the price, don't buy it," but that doesn't quite work as there's a lot of members who aren't in the trading/forum loop who are tricked into spending too much, therefore starting the new price change trend.

Exuberance

I honestly wish firewalls would rerelease so that the price would drastically lower. Just in the past 1-2 weeks, the price has gone from 20k to 25k . . . but that doesn't quite work as there's a lot of members who aren't in the trading/forum loop who are tricked into spending too much, therefore starting the new price change trend.
And here I thought you weren't into the economy and trading.

The reason firewalls went up to 25K is because of double credit weekend. When credits are easier to earn, two things happen. First, people start to ask little more for firewalls. Second, people accept and eventually just overoffer because they earned credits easily. The problem lies with how people look at past trades to value items. (If somebody sees that a desperate player offered 25K for a firewall on double credit weekend and made the trade, they'll assume the price of a firewall went up).

Nobody was tricked into trading 25K for firewalls. This is just what happens when credits are easier to earn! Now just look at the poll! People are voting to increase the Jungle Cruise payout without thinking what it does to the economy. It increases the prices of everything else and makes credits themselves worth even less!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
And here I thought you weren't into the economy and trading.

The reason firewalls went up to 25K is because of double credit weekend. When credits are easier to earn, two things happen. First, people start to ask little more for firewalls. Second, people accept and eventually just overoffer because they earned credits easily. The problem lies with how people look at past trades to value items. (If somebody sees that a desperate player offered 25K for a firewall on double credit weekend and made the trade, they'll assume the price of a firewall went up).

Nobody was tricked into trading 25K for firewalls. This is just what happens when credits are easier to earn! Now just look at the poll! People are voting to increase the Jungle Cruise payout without thinking what it does to the economy. It increases the prices of everything else and makes credits themselves worth even less!

No.....honey....being into the economy/trading and being knowledgeable of both are two VERY different things.

And additionally, all the offers I saw for the 25k firewalls were before double credits weekend. And yes, lots of people are "tricked" into over paying. I can give you 5 people right off the bat that can vouch the fact that some people on here will straight up lie about the value of items to trick some traders into over paying. And I'm not talking newbies, there are countless well known players that hate trading because they don't know the values and are always worrying about over paying because of some scheming ferret.

I think until we're given more mini games and opportunities to obtain credits, the JC payout should remain the same.

:hat:

Exuberance

No.....honey....being into the economy/trading and being knowledgeable of both are two VERY different things.
OK.

And additionally, all the offers I saw for the 25k firewalls were before double credits weekend.
Hennie, please give me the link to those posts before double credit weekend was announced. <3

I think until we're given more mini games and opportunities to obtain credits, the JC payout should remain the same.
You're right. Once Pirates releases, it will be another opportunity to obtain credits, and the JC payout should change to be lower.

You guys are saying you support the lowering of credits but at a later time. But you also say credits are hard to earn as it is. Why not just lower them now?

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
You guys are saying you support the lowering of credits but at a later time. But you also say credits are hard to earn as it is. Why not just lower them now?
I don't think you read my post. Credits are hard to earn since there's so few ways to obtain them. That's why we'd like them for now to stay where they're at. In the future, when HM, Pirates, Music Mixer, etc. are out and there are other ways to obtain credits, then it'd be fair to look at lowering the items. But as of now, since the current JC payout isn't affecting anything and is both fair and reasonable considering the game, then there's really no reason to lower it.

lol this didn't make much sense. We want them lowered (if at all) LATER since it's already hard getting credits NOW with the current payout + # of ways to obtain credits.

Littlebelle

The reason is Mansion is not out. This takes totally different skills. You do not need fast reflexes at this. Totally different skill than the other 3 games. I know this for I was one of the worse players in pirates and one of the best at Mansion. Mansion is a much friendlier game so weaker players can join a stronger team and still earn credits without having to sit and watch each game as they are usually the first hit and sink. This is extremely boring and deflating.
Capture the flag would help if this is out at the same time. Will have to wait and see if this is the case on Monday. Many players would set up friendly pirates. Taking turns in getting credits.

Really if you have grown up with video games it is like speaking English in a lot of ways. You can not understand how hard it is for someone to learn how to play certain games because it has always been apart of your life. it would be like trying to sit down and learn piano. Practice does help but in reality there are still many issues with this game. In the fact that lag effects some computers with FW and JC and when the new client is ready hopefully this will solve a lot of this issues.

So until All major games are out it is not time to lower the amount. Also why should the people that are great at pirates lap up all the credits. When some people were really really good at mansion. And terrible at pirates.

1/2 this game is waiting for Mansion for that was their game. When that game is out then you have at least made sure all people were on the same playing ground that they were in VMK.