Jungle Cruise Payout Lowering /:

Should the payout of JC stay the same, raise, or lower?

• Stay the Same

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • Raise

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • Lower

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The reason is Mansion is not out. This takes totally different skills. You do not need fast reflexes at this. Totally different skill than the other 3 games. I know this for I was one of the worse players in pirates and one of the best at Mansion. Mansion is a much friendlier game so weaker players can join a stronger team and still earn credits without having to sit and watch each game as they are usually the first hit and sink. This is extremely boring and deflating.
Capture the flag would help if this is out at the same time. Will have to wait and see if this is the case on Monday. Many players would set up friendly pirates. Taking turns in getting credits.

Really if you have grown up with video games it is like speaking English in a lot of ways. You can not understand how hard it is for someone to learn how to play certain games because it has always been apart of your life. it would be like trying to sit down and learn piano. Practice does help but in reality there are still many issues with this game. In the fact that lag effects some computers with FW and JC and when the new client is ready hopefully this will solve a lot of this issues.

So until All major games are out it is not time to lower the amount. Also why should the people that are great at pirates lap up all the credits. When some people were really really good at mansion. And terrible at pirates.

1/2 this game is waiting for Mansion for that was their game. When that game is out then you have at least made sure all people were on the same playing ground that they were in VMK.
Wow this was perfect in every way and literally stated every thought I had on the issue. Thank you Belle!! :yay:

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Payouts were only so high because there weren't any social minigames (and because JC is so repetitive). In old VMK, it was much harder to earn 10K. You shouldn't be able to buy a bird hat in 1.5 hours.

No wonder they limit one per account. Having credit payouts that high devalues all buyable items.
I just wanted to say the only reason it was so easy to purchase the bird hat that quickly was because EVERY mini-game was double credits. So yeah, when you get double what you're already getting, anyone can afford a 10k hat in less than 3 hours of repetitious gaming. And it was priced that way, during the double credits event, so that everyone could afford it. It was done deliberately that way.

But we're not talking about double credits. For those of us even just a little bit decent with JC it doesn't take us 1.5 hrs to earn 10k on the payout that generates from JC right now at all, and if you're looking at it from the perspective of the really savvy players that can easily earn 1k per round, or game, or w/e it is lately, then that's not fair to cast off the rest of the community that play it normally and earn a decent amount. We're not talking about changing things to hinder the savvier gamers, this is a change that effects all the kinds of gamer's that flock to JC rather than FW.
[DOUBLEPOST=1407714885][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry, if this were true, there wouldn't be a trade room at the top of the guest room list every day.

Trading is a huge deal in this game. If people just wanted the items they had in the original game, MyVMK might as well release everything for free. But then nobody would come back because it would be boring.

People earned credits and built rooms just fine in the original game with the original credit levels.
Well I don't know about you but I don't settle for "just fine", I strive for improvement and progress. If things can be better now than they were before, why press so hard against it? It seems the majority so far would rather it stay the same, and I've seen very good arguments as to why it should.

I haven't seen any new arguments against it that I haven't heard 100 times before over this past year to be honest. And if I may be frank, they're still as ridiculous as they were the first time. :corner:

Last edited:

Exuberance

For those of us even just a little bit decent with JC it doesn't take us 1.5 hrs to earn 10k on the payout that generates from JC right now at all.
Hi there. You must not be playing efficiently.

I'm not sure if this has been brought to your attention, but it is absolutely reasonable to earn 10,000 credits in 1.5 hours without double credits. Simply play the first round of the game and then leave afterwards. For the actual numbers, please refer here: http://forums.myvmk.com/index.php?t...-play-the-first-round-of-jungle-cruise.23001/. In fact, it should take an average player at most two hours of serious Jungle Cruising to earn 10,000 credits if you're putting some effort into it.

Also since you called Jungle Cruise repetitive, you must not be one of those players who likes Jungle Cruise for the game but for the high credit payout it gives.

Well I don't know about you but I don't settle for "just fine", I strive for improvement and progress. If things can be better now than they were before, why press so hard against it? It seems the majority so far would rather it stay the same, and I've seen very good arguments as to why it should.
The majority does not always know what is best or what is an improvement for the game. The majority wanted a double credit weekend, and it ended up increasing the price of firewalls to 25K.

Higher credit payouts are not an improvement.

The reason credits need to lower is because they weren't supposed to be this high in the first place. Having them this high just makes trading prices of other items even higher. Higher trading prices means you'll be playing more to earn more credits so you can trade for those items you want.

The only reason earning credits seems so hard is because, to be honest, Jungle Cruise is a boring, repetitive, and time consuming game. The reason people play it is because it gives so many credits, not because they like clicking on animals over and over. If you actually took the time to become good at a minigame and had fun earning credits by playing Fireworks or Clamming or Pirates, then it wouldn't be so bad.

I haven't seen any new arguments against it that I haven't heard 100 times before over this past year to be honest. And if I may be frank, they're still as ridiculous as they were the first time. :corner:
I haven't seen any new arguments for keeping credits the same other than 1) there isn't Haunted Mansion and 2) credits are too hard to earn. They're still ridiculous as they were the first time.

Haunted Mansion or any other minigame for that matter will give the same amount of credits as it did in the old game, except Jungle Cruise which will give out similar payouts to Fireworks. More options doesn't mean better credits. Second, credits have always been hard to earn but people earned them in the old game just fine.

Just work hard for your credits like everybody else. For example, I don't see anybody complaining they have to ride all day just to get a few SITS pins that may or may not pull the sword. Why don't we increase the probability of getting SITS pins too? That's an "improvement," isn't it? Everybody gets more pins. What's wrong with that? A lot is wrong with that!

Giving more of anything for the same effort just decreases its value!

(By the way, you can earn tons of credits using SITS pins and pulling the sword. There are plenty of options to earn credits).

Last edited:

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

Hi there. You must not be playing efficiently.

I'm not sure if this has been brought to your attention, but it is absolutely reasonable to earn 10,000 credits in 1.5 hours without double credits. Simply play the first round of the game and then leave afterwards. For the actual numbers, please refer here: http://forums.myvmk.com/index.php?t...-play-the-first-round-of-jungle-cruise.23001/. In fact, it should take an average player at most two hours of serious Jungle Cruising to earn 10,000 credits if you're putting some effort into it.

Also since you called Jungle Cruise repetitive, you must not be one of those players who likes Jungle Cruise for the game but for the high credit payout it gives.

The majority does not always know what is best or what is an improvement for the game. The majority wanted a double credit weekend, and it ended up increasing the price of firewalls to 25K.

Higher credit payouts are not an improvement.

The reason credits need to lower is because they weren't supposed to be this high in the first place. Having them this high just makes trading prices of other items even higher. Higher trading prices means you'll be playing more to earn more credits so you can trade for those items you want.

The only reason earning credits seems so hard is because, to be honest, Jungle Cruise is a boring, repetitive, and time consuming game. The reason people play it is because it gives so many credits, not because they like clicking on animals over and over. If you actually took the time to become good at a minigame and had fun earning credits by playing Fireworks or Clamming or Pirates, then it wouldn't be so bad.

I haven't seen any new arguments for keeping credits the same other than 1) there isn't Haunted Mansion and 2) credits are too hard to earn. They're still ridiculous as they were the first time.

Haunted Mansion or any other minigame for that matter will give the same amount of credits as it did in the old game, except Jungle Cruise which will give out similar payouts to Fireworks. More options doesn't mean better credits. Second, credits have always been hard to earn but people earned them in the old game just fine.

Just work hard for your credits like everybody else. For example, I don't see anybody complaining they have to ride all day just to get a few SITS pins that may or may not pull the sword. Why don't we increase the probability of getting SITS pins too? That's an "improvement," isn't it? Everybody gets more pins. What's wrong with that? A lot is wrong with that!

Giving more of anything for the same effort just decreases its value!

(By the way, you can earn tons of credits using SITS pins and pulling the sword. There are plenty of options to earn credits).
Hi there :wave:, I'd like to thank you for your concern, but I think I'm playing just fine the way I am. I'm not someone who has time to devote to "hardcore JC" playing, so no for me to earn 10k in 2 hours or less is not as reasonable as you assume (nor is it for many others), no matter what method someone can describe to me, it has never worked. The same goes for other mini games, and as you put it - if I actually "took the time" to become savvy with a mini-game it wouldn't be so bad - I can tell you I don't find anything bad about it, and on the concept of time, I personally don't have it to devote to a mini-game, as many others don't either. I'm not saying a lowering of the payout would be the end of the world, I'm just responding to the notion that keeping it the same also isn't going to destroy the game, or this "economy" everyone is so hung up on.

Also no I don't really find clicking animals repetitively as fulfilling and enjoyable as you might - and in my whole opinion you don't exactly play mini-games designed for children for fun after 3 or so games, it's more for monetary gain and I'd think that's pretty obvious (which is fine and dandy because we're all entitled to do what we like, how we like to, and in our own way - within the rules of the game . So if I, or anyone else want to play for the payout and not the enjoyment, that's really not yours or anyone's concern.)

No one is saying the majority knows automatically what is best for the game, sometimes what everyone wants isn't exactly what would benefit the community in a practical way. But if a great deal of people can see the practical side of it staying the same - with no effect on anyone or anything else - and feel it should be brought to Amy's attention, it is well within our rights to do so whether you agree with it or not. After all no one is saying this poll is going to change the entire face of Jungle Cruise just because it exists, we're just putting it out there for Amy to see. What she does with it is up to her.

I'm not going to comment on anything regarding an "economy" for this game, as I've made my feelings clear on the idea many times over on this forum, as well as on this thread once already.

In addition to all this, I never said there weren't any other credit options - and I don't feel anyone else here genuinely feels there are no other option but Jungle Cruise - which besides, is not what the point of this thread is.

Exuberance

Hi there :wave:, I'd like to thank you for your concern, but I think I'm playing just fine the way I am. I'm not someone who has time to devote to "hardcore JC" playing, so no for me to earn 10k in 2 hours or less is not as reasonable as you assume (nor is it for many others), no matter what method someone can describe to me, it has never worked. The same goes for other mini games, and as you put it - if I actually "took the time" to become savvy with a mini-game it wouldn't be so bad - I can tell you I don't find anything bad about it, and on the concept of time, I personally don't have it to devote to a mini-game, as many others don't either.

"I don't have time to actually earn my credits, so the payout should stay high for me."

Also no I don't really find clicking animals repetitively as fulfilling and enjoyable as you might - and in my whole opinion you don't exactly play mini-games designed for children for fun after 3 or so games, it's more for monetary gain and I'd think that's pretty obvious (which is fine and dandy because we're all entitled to do what we like, how we like to, and in our own way - within the rules of the game . So if I, or anyone else want to play for the payout and not the enjoyment, that's really not yours or anyone's concern.)
"I grind Jungle Cruise just for credits."

That's the reason why credit payouts need to change. I understand now. You're upset that credits are going to be lowered because the only reason you play minigames is to earn credits.

There's nothing wrong with that either. But if you're not having fun, there is something very wrong. The goal of any game is to have fun. The goal of Fireworks, Mansion, and Pirates is to have fun and earn credits while having fun.

You're not having fun playing Jungle Cruise because it's a boring game. Lowering credit payouts for all games encourages you to try different minigames and enjoy your time off from the real world. No longer will you feel obligated to play Jungle Cruise because it pays the most credits. You can play any game and earn similar amounts of credits.

In addition to all this, I never said there weren't any other credit options - and I don't feel anyone else here genuinely feels there are no other option but Jungle Cruise - which besides, is not what the point of this thread is.
Yes, there are plenty of options to earn credits. That's why lowering the credit payouts for all options won't affect anything.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
"I don't have time to actually earn my credits, so the payout should stay high for me."

"I grind Jungle Cruise just for credits."

That's the reason why credit payouts need to change. I understand now. You're upset that credits are going to be lowered because the only reason you play minigames is to earn credits.

There's nothing wrong with that either. But if you're not having fun, there is something very wrong. The goal of any game is to have fun. The goal of Fireworks, Mansion, and Pirates is to have fun and earn credits while having fun.

You're not having fun playing Jungle Cruise because it's a boring game. Lowering credit payouts for all games encourages you to try different minigames and enjoy your time off from the real world. No longer will you feel obligated to play Jungle Cruise because it pays the most credits. You can play any game and earn similar amounts of credits.

Yes, there are plenty of options to earn credits. That's why lowering the credit payouts for all options won't affect anything.
I think you misunderstood me. My situation that prevents me from earning credits by grinding JC, isn't at all a part of my stance on the topic of this thread. That was in reply to your statements that everyone has the ability to grind the way you suggested and come up with 10k in 2 hrs or less no matter what the circumstances, which is untrue. I'm also not saying just because there are some of us within the community that struggle to earn credits should deserve special treatment, I'm simply saying the benefit that applies of keeping things the same is simply a byproduct.

And yes you do grind Jungle Cruise just for credits, I don't think anyone would grind any of the mini-games just for fun with no payout, they're the same each time with nothing new, what other point would there be?

Also, lowering the credit payouts won't affect anything, but neither will keeping them the same, hence my point. And if keeping them the same benefits some of the community and doesn't affect anything negatively, vs. lowering them where it negatively affects some of the community, which is the obviously more practical option?

Exuberance

Also, lowering the credit payouts won't affect anything, but neither will keeping them the same, hence my point. And if keeping them the same benefits some of the community and doesn't affect anything negatively, vs. lowering them where it negatively affects some of the community, which is the obviously more practical option?
Thank you. I was waiting for you to make this point. You are correct.