Has your name been mispronounced or misspelled?

Minniee

hey wassup hello
my name is Brittani, and because there are so many different ways to spell it (especially mine being so unique), I'm never surprised when it's not my way. but when people pronounce it "Brit-tawn-ee", I just die a little inside...

Jasmine

I didn't have any issues with people pronouncing or spelling Jasmine until I turned 16 (though I'm somewhat used to people asking how to spell my last name). After that, suddenly people started asking how it's spelled. I also had a teacher pronounce it as Jas-meen until I finally told him to pronounce it like the Disney princess. :huh:

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
yep.
its Jena. < gets spelled "Jenna"
its pronounced "Jen-ah"... some people call me "Gee-na". I'm like really??? ...it doesn't start with a G... ):

My last name is Peirce (obvs) and when I was in grade school learning the whole grammatically correct "i before e" lesson, my mom used to tell me to tell people "There's no 'pie' in 'Peirce" to this day I still tell people that and look like the biggest idiot doing so XD

Kelsey

My name's Ishaan (ee-shawn) most of the time people pronounce it the right way, but one time in the 8th grade my teacher called me ishin and everyone in school started calling me ishin and i cried
also shout out 2 @Erin for calling me magic ee-shan irl
i call u sharm

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
ok yes my name is autumn
and you would think no
but i've gotten odum once
and a lot of people forget the n or put two m's
and once i was at daycare and they call your name when your parents come to pick you up and they called for adam for about half an hour until i asked

ok to clarify i was like 7 at daycare
not now
ok
Nobody ever says my name wrong. They just spell it wrong. I mean, I've been called April.
Adum
Autm
Autum
like have u ever heard of the season

Kelsey

Froglet

Frog + Princess = Froglet ;)
My name is Sherry. Pretty simple and straight forward. It is even old-school (thanks Mom)...so you would think people would know. Right? Wrong!! It is misspelled most often as Sherri. I have also seen Shari. It is also mispronounced. People seem to think Sherry is short for Sharon...which in my case, it is not...but still they will call me Sharon. They also like to call me Cheryl, but idk y. Worse yet...they want to shorten it to Sher (Cher) **cringe**...-_- I will answer to Cherry tho, bc some languages don't support the "sh" sound :)

Love

Paulina Kay Hassan

Paulina
my own father mispelt my name Pauline
Starbucks Cholina...what the heck..
my old boss Paul-leeen
People even get lazy and just call me Paula or Polly

Kay (just say it like the letter)
some ppl say my middle name prnounced as Key

Hassan
(Hah-sahn)
people often pronounce is Hassen,Hussin or Husane (who-sane)[DOUBLEPOST=1435978951][/DOUBLEPOST]
My name is Alissa and anytime I go to a place where they hve to write my name on something they spell ot Alyssa and it makes me mad. I can't find my name on Coke bottles or anything:corner:
you think u have a hard time finding ur name on a coke bottel?? i cant even find my name on a keychain D: