Has your name been mispronounced or misspelled?

My name is Alissa and anytime I go to a place where they hve to write my name on something they spell ot Alyssa and it makes me mad. I can't find my name on Coke bottles or anything:corner:
ayyyyyyyyyyy same

& i get called melissa, alison, and ashley so often : )))))) kk

Last edited:

Pacific

My name is Bryan, but it kills me a little bit every time my Starbucks cup says Brian.

My barista friends always love to write out "Brian with a Y" on my cup, though.

Nokuto

ayyyyyyyyyyy same

& i get called melissa, alison, and ashley so often :)))))) kk
Lol I also get called Alisha[DOUBLEPOST=1436011170][/DOUBLEPOST]
Paulina Kay Hassan

Paulina
my own father mispelt my name Pauline
Starbucks Cholina...what the heck..
my old boss Paul-leeen
People even get lazy and just call me Paula or Polly

Kay (just say it like the letter)
some ppl say my middle name prnounced as Key

Hassan
(Hah-sahn)
people often pronounce is Hassen,Hussin or Husane (who-sane)[DOUBLEPOST=1435978951][/DOUBLEPOST]
you think u have a hard time finding ur name on a coke bottel?? i cant even find my name on a keychain D:
I cant find keychains either :(

Last edited:

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Mekela.
99.9% of the time, not exaggerating whatsoever, people pronounce it wrong
Most of the time they say Makayla, some people are just point blank dumb and say Me-Keel-Uh

It's MEH-KEL-UH :rage: theres no A in it!!!! or Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD IT BE MAKAYLA!!!!??? :squee:

Last edited:

MoitaRose

Bearded Dragon, Dog, & Beta Lover <3
My name is Katlyn (kate-lyn) but the spelling is unique cause it's made up of my mom and grandmas middle names. So I can't tell you how many times I've been referred to as Cat-lyn -_-. And of course I get a wide range of spellings, Katelyn, Katelynn, Caitlyn, Caitlin, the list goes of. So I go by Kate, Katy, or Rosey(one of my middle names) cause it's just easier lol

My name is Alec, but countless people throughout my life have called me Alex. Super annoydro.
My eighth grade science teacher straight up never learned my name and called me Alex the whole year.

Froglet

Frog + Princess = Froglet ;)
Yes...my name is Cyira....and sometimes a teacher called me cereal one time o.O? yeah it was awkward so I just said "here"......

My name sounds like sierra
That is a beautiful name! LOVE it!! Sorry for the cereal thing tho... -_- My last name is German and I have had a lot of those better-to-just-say-here moments lol!!

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Froglet

Frog + Princess = Froglet ;)
My last name is Peirce (obvs) and when I was in grade school learning the whole grammatically correct "i before e" lesson, my mom used to tell me to tell people "There's no 'pie' in 'Peirce" to this day I still tell people that and look like the biggest idiot doing so XD
I feel your pain!! My mom said, "I named you that bc you are as sweet as sherry wine, so just say its Sherry like the wine"...and yep I do say that sometimes...but I gag a little...LOL!

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

You'd think Bailey would be easy enough right
Baley
Baily
Bailee
Baile (what????)
Bayleigh (this ones my personal favorite bc it makes me feel like one of those kids from Toddlers and Tiaras whos parents thought they were being original)
My last name is fairly simple too but people add another e in the completely wrong place??
My spanish teacher senior year pronounced my name like "belly" but I dealt with it bc she was cool af. Would probably kill someone for trying that on me now though

My first name, and my first last name. More in elementary school for my first, people said it like 'Na tan (like sun tan) ya'
and then my first last name is based off a place in Italy, but people pronounce the 'ese' part like in 'ease' when it's 'ace'

mark

10 mins late to everything
my names Yusuf and it's pronounced you-suhf and some people pronounce it you-soof @Laguna or you suck or yousafe I've heard it all that's why some people call me suffy which is a nickname for yuSUF
THIS REMINDED ME OF FOUSEYTUBE OF THE MOM SCREAMING YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUYSEF

My name is basic. N easy but
is it mark with a c??!?!?!!!
oh mark like mark anthony?! lil do thet know my name IS mark anthony which is funny since this happened

Thorn

Make it Green
My name is Scottie and when I order at Dunkin or Starbucks I can TELL if they're gonna write "Scotty" or not. That "y" drives me crazy.

My in-game name is very VERY commonly mistyped though.
"Thron" is the most common.

Nnilak

All the time. My name is Kalinn, and I often get Collin, Kaitlyn, Caitlyn, Kayla, or Carl. Also I get tons of misspellings, even if I spell my name out to people.
Probably the worst was when I called Verizon about a problem I was having and I had to spell my name out to the girl at least 10 times. And after everything she thought my name was Khan. I ended up just hanging up on her.