Should they be more common

• Make them more common

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • Keep them the same

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

relizabeth

Ok well I didn't time it. It seems like its five minutes but my bad and you do earn quite an amount of credits. My point of this post was just because you did NOT receive a key does NOT mean your time was wasted -- it is only wasted if you sit there and do very little during the game. You still receive a great amount of credits when you participate in the game that can be later used to buy the rest of the released items during adventure month and then even later on to buy the Christmas release items when they are released during December. My whole point was to stop complaining and enjoy the game as well as earning credits for later use. It is all in your attitude and persistence (and obviously a little bit of luck) that help you in this game.
no one ever said they are sitting there not trying. I actually make about 800-1000 credits during a full game. thats about the best i can do. but i can make 2000 more credits an hour just playing the first level and quitting. I just hope POTC comes out soon and she puts them into that game too. As i said before i dont think it should be every game but maybe bring odds down from 1/5 to 1/4. just to make it a little better. and the one thing i think really needs to change is not how many keys i get but what you get from keys. its depressing to play so many games to get a key just to get a pixel. i wouldnt be so upset if i would get maybe a chair. at least i can use that.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Also, I think a huge reason Amy is pushing for these to be rare is because of what happened with stitch and angel in OVMK. Those became horded by the "better" and "richer" players and it pretty much became an overall unfair game and eventually the economy became messed up (but then again OVMK did some pretty outrageous things when it came to releasing items.) I know a lot of you people do not care for having an economy in this game but that is the way things are done in games. America is a capitalist world and it is shown in online games (made in the States) as well. Everything is not going to be handed to every one and sometimes you just have to deal with that fact. Not trying to offend anyone; just stating my perspective.
No one is asking for handouts. They're asking for the chance of a drop for a key is higher considering majority of the prizes from the crates are catalogue items. I don't think it's fair to have to work yourself so hard just to get a key and then get a pixel from a crate. The chance of getting a rare item is 1/100 so what's the sense in making the ability to just open the crate so difficult?

Yes America is a capitalist nation, but that does not always mean that every game needs to have a capitalist economy. A lot of games don't even have trading features. It's still my opinion that if they want to push these items to be super rare and exclusive, I think it would be better to have them for sale in the shop for 1 day for 10k credits, or even more if you want to push it further.

relizabeth

According to Grizzly, there is no specific score or amount required to qualify for a drop in fireworks, the only requirement is that you're active and not idle. And the "guaranteed" key drop every 5 games is not true. I played 10 games in a row and never got a key, and my ending scores were from 1300-1600 pts, it's all chance.
i really think you only have to click a couple of fireworks. I have played the first level scored about 1k and then left the game running so i could take care of my son. came back 30 minutes later to find i got a key. but i think if you start game and then leave scoring nothing at all you wont get a key.

I would like to see more keys, but here is why.... I have collected over 15K in credits for shells (1500 shells) and played about 15 games of fireworks. I got all of 2 keys from all of those clicks. I opened boxes and got a pair of jeans and a boots, both buyable. I have 50 something boxes and no keys. Seriously!

Why not have levels of keys? Bronze, silver and gold? The bronze more common, then silver and then gold?? Keep gold rare, but more common.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
This is a long-term event, you have enough time to find a key.

If you don't find a key, then you don't. Don't demand keys to become more recurrent. It takes away the value of something that somebody won out of luck, and it also takes away some of the effort that was needed to get the key.
With the chance of getting an exclusive rare item being 1/100, it's not taking away the value of anything. If anything it's making people less discouraged and more inclined to participate if the odds are just a little better. 1/5 chance of a key, and it's not guaranteed, is extremely disheartening especially when you finally get a key, open a crate, and behold you have a pixel. People have opened 20 crates and not gotten a single rare item, some have opened 3 and gotten a Stitch or Princess Hat. So having more keys does not take away from another's prize value, if anything I believe it makes the experience of the Crates Event better.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I would like to see more keys, but here is why.... I have collected over 15K in credits for shells (1500 shells) and played about 15 games of fireworks. I got all of 2 keys from all of those clicks. I opened boxes and got a pair of jeans and a boots, both buyable. I have 50 something boxes and no keys. Seriously!

Why not have levels of keys? Bronze, silver and gold? The bronze more common, then silver and then gold?? Keep gold rare, but more common.
I LOVE this idea! This is brilliant. The Bronze keys could be common and give you a random buyable catalogue item. The silver could give you one of the rare items, and gold could be super rare. Just making the silver and gold keys harder to obtain. I really like this idea. :)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
i really think you only have to click a couple of fireworks. I have played the first level scored about 1k and then left the game running so i could take care of my son. came back 30 minutes later to find i got a key. but i think if you start game and then leave scoring nothing at all you wont get a key.
That sounds plausible. I met someone that said they idled for 3 rounds and got a key. I think you just have to try at least. You can still have a score of 0 if you get a bunch of "oops" scores, but as long as your active for a certain time.

S

Spivey

With the chance of getting an exclusive rare item being 1/100, it's not taking away the value of anything. If anything it's making people less discouraged and more inclined to participate if the odds are just a little better. 1/5 chance of a key, and it's not guaranteed, is extremely disheartening especially when you finally get a key, open a crate, and behold you have a pixel. People have opened 20 crates and not gotten a single rare item, some have opened 3 and gotten a Stitch or Princess Hat. So having more keys does not take away from another's prize value, if anything I believe it makes the experience of the Crates Event better.
Can't cater to everyone. It's a game of chance, if you increase the chances then the prizes lose value. It's fine the way it is, it's keeping the rare items rare and giving people a reason to play the game more.

~dc~

it takes at least 11mins per fireworks game. period. i notice so many that can barely get a score of 1000 by the end of the game. i have played over 60+ full games over 2500 score and only got 1 key. i know others with the same luck as i have had. yet i get junk from the crate. remove the junk with at least credits. if i spent 10 hours to get 1 key, i should get something for my hard work. not a 25 credit shirt lol. those that are voting here to keep keys rare, most likely already have the stitch hat or princess minnie hat. if i had 1 of them already i would also say the same things about keeping it rare. since i have the item. however so many aren't getting nothing but junk with hours on end of game play. its stressful and frustrating. it doesn't feel like a fun game anymore. yea on the upside u get credits. but you can get credits faster doing level 1 in fireworks over and over. 1 of the biggest down sides to the NPCs rewarding keys is that i see people making new accounts over and over again. lame. if ur going to keep the keys like they are. remove the junk and replace it with credits, 100, 250, 500, 1000. i wouldn't mind getting 100 credits then something u can buy in shops.

u play your heart it, wow i got a key i got a key. u go and open the crate, omg all i get is a 25 credit shirt. awww.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Ok well I didn't time it. It seems like its five minutes but my bad and you do earn quite an amount of credits. My point of this post was just because you did NOT receive a key does NOT mean your time was wasted -- it is only wasted if you sit there and do very little during the game. You still receive a great amount of credits when you participate in the game that can be later used to buy the rest of the released items during adventure month and then even later on to buy the Christmas release items when they are released during December. My whole point was to stop complaining and enjoy the game aswellas earning credits for later use. It is all in your attitude and persistence (and obviously a little bit of luck) that help you in this game.
Why does everyone think that sharing your thoughts on an experience is complaining? Feedback is an important part of a testing phase of anything, it helps development and better the experience of the game and how it's run. There's a difference between constructive criticism (i.e. explaining why your opinion is on the more negative spectrum, and propose a solution) and whining that life isn't fair.

No one (to my knowledge) is crying that they didn't get something they wanted, majority of us are expressing our experience with the event so far and proposing possible solutions to better the experience. You feel there's nothing wrong with it and that's perfectly fine, but not everyone feels that way and there's nothing wrong with expressing our opinion, especially when it's done in a productive manner.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Can't cater to everyone. It's a game of chance, if you increase the chances then the prizes lose value. It's fine the way it is, it's keeping the rare items rare and giving people a reason to play the game more.
Fair enough. Those are your views on it, and I have mine. I don't want to cater to everyone, I just think things could be done a little differently. Like the idea someone posted about different key levels. At least when you receive say a bronze key, you don't know what item you're going to get from the crate but you know what category that key falls under. Same for silver, and gold.

S

Spivey

I mean, I get that it sucks that some of you have to play fireworks for hours on end to get keys, but at least it's giving you a reason to play the game. Before, people were complaining there was nothing to do. Now people are complaining that the new event, probably designed to keep players playing, is too difficult and they want Amy to change it up to make it "easier". It's like impossible to please some people on here.

S

Spivey

Fair enough. Those are your views on it, and I have mine. I don't want to cater to everyone, I just think things could be done a little differently. Like the idea someone posted about different key levels. At least when you receive say a bronze key, you don't know what item you're going to get from the crate but you know what category that key falls under. Same for silver, and gold.
Didn't we have an event like that in VMK in the first place with pirates?

relizabeth

it takes at least 11mins per fireworks game. period. i notice so many that can barely get a score of 1000 by the end of the game. i have played over 60+ full games over 2500 score and only got 1 key. i know others with the same luck as i have had. yet i get junk from the crate. remove the junk with at least credits. if i spent 10 hours to get 1 key, i should get something for my hard work. not a 25 credit shirt lol. those that are voting here to keep keys rare, most likely already have the stitch hat or princess mickey hat. if i had 1 of them already i would also say the same things about keeping it rare. since i have the item. however so many aren't getting nothing but junk with hours on end of game play. its stressful and frustrating. it doesn't feel like a fun game anymore. yea on the upside u get credits. but you can get credits faster doing level 1 in fireworks over and over. 1 of the biggest down sides to the NPCs rewarding keys is that i see people making new accounts over and over again. lame. if ur going to keep the keys like they are. remove the junk and replace it with credits, 100, 250, 500, 1000. i wouldn't mind getting 100 credits then something u can buy in shops.

u play your heart it, wow i got a key i got a key. u go and open the crate, omg all i get is a 25 credit shirt. awww.
dc i see you in the game all the time playing fireworks. i thought i played a lot but whenever im in the game i see you. And i have said over and over again i get more credits just playing first level too. And at least you got a shirt. i get pixels LOL

relizabeth

I mean, I get that it sucks that some of you have to play fireworks for hours on end to get keys, but at least it's giving you a reason to play the game. Before, people were complaining there was nothing to do. Now people are complaining that the new event, probably designed to keep players playing, is too difficult and they want Amy to change it up to make it "easier". It's like impossible to please some people on here.
i never said there was nothing to do. i was happy with playing my first level of fireworks and then quitting and getting the credits i need to get the things i want. actually please find somewhere where someone has said there was nothing to do. People were enjoying talking and playing host games and guest room games.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
dc i see you in the game all the time playing fireworks. i thought i played a lot but whenever im in the game i see you. And i have said over and over again i get more credits just playing first level too. And at least you got a shirt. i get pixels LOL
I've gotten mostly pixels aside from a tshirt, sweatshirt, yellow sneakers, and a swamp tree. I actually didn't mind the swamp tree, and was even a little excited because it was something different. Just the random 25 credit clothing items and 5 credit pixels is so disheartening.

relizabeth

I've gotten mostly pixels aside from a tshirt, sweatshirt, yellow sneakers, and a swamp tree. I actually didn't mind the swamp tree, and was even a little excited because it was something different. Just the random 25 credit clothing items and 5 credit pixels is so disheartening.
i wish i could get furniture. i would be so excited. im just going to save up my keys and open them when i have a bunch now. maybe i will get one thing out of it that i can actually use. LOL

I agree with Mama Ash! Snow, that's a brilliant idea! This would be perfect!!! C: I love the idea of levels of keys! That's so much better than what's going on right now!

Honestly, to those who are saying the whole "Ergergergerger if you change it herpderpherp it's not gonna mean as much gergergerger wahwahwah" thing, I'd like to add my two cents on the matter.

I understand that this is a game of chance. Woot. Whoopty stinkin' doo.

The fact that people can have over 100 crates and have invested hours into this nonsense just to get one key (or not get one at all) is ridiculous!!!

Yes, I understand that this is all by chance, I get it. I honestly do. But I think the odds should be altered. You can't really say things about it being unfair because it's all by chance, but I think it would cause less trouble if you could increase the likelihood of a drop.

Also, I absolutely hate the fact that you can put hours into this, get your first key, and it turns out to be a freaking pixel.
That's where I table flip and get outta dodge. If you're going to implement catalog items that have no rare value, at least make it a little pricier than a 5 credit pixel that you can't even sell. That is ridiculous. I think items in the crates that aren't rare should be at least 500 credits in value due to the fact that it's already hard enough to get a stinkin' key.

And to all those people that are going to pick this apart, save it. Your opinion isn't important to me because I have seen what you guys have posted in this thread on similar responses. I'm not a whiner. I'm not whining. I'm merely sharing my input.

Oooh, to add onto Snow's idea, I think that if we implemented different levels of keys, maybe they could go on sale in a store for a large amount of credits. I've played many of games where you can BUY a mystery crate and try your luck at it. Maybe make it to where a bronze key could cost 750 credits, a silver key could cost 5,000 credits and a gold key could cost like, 50k. Either way, you have to put in a lot of work to get the credits to buy those keys.

~Mama Out

no one ever said they are sitting there not trying. I actually make about 800-1000 credits during a full game. thats about the best i can do. but i can make 2000 more credits an hour just playing the first level and quitting. I just hope POTC comes out soon and she puts them into that game too. As i said before i dont think it should be every game but maybe bring odds down from 1/5 to 1/4. just to make it a little better. and the one thing i think really needs to change is not how many keys i get but what you get from keys. its depressing to play so many games to get a key just to get a pixel. i wouldnt be so upset if i would get maybe a chair. at least i can use that.
I can understand this and agree with most, if not all, of it. My post is not aimed at people who are trying. It is aimed at people who go through the fireworks game making very little points and complaining they get nothing in the end. If you work hard, your hard work will pay off. Maybe you don't get the stitch or minnie or even a key; but you got a lot of credits from the hours you spent trying and that will help you get the "cool stuff" when they are released. I also understand it is not cool to get a pixel after all your hard work. My post was meant for those who feel that they deserve something rare and exclusive. It has been already said, this is a game of chance. Sometimes, one does not get what one wants; especially in a game like this. I am happy people are giving feedback; that is great. I have heard rumors of possible "silver keys" aswell. But I just feel people need to enjoy the game more and not get so frustrated over it. And I do agree the lesser items (i.e. pixels, t-shirts, workout pants, etc.) need to be taken out. But again, my whole point is: just enjoy the game that is finally making a comeback after 5 years.