• Make them more common

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • Keep them the same

Votes: 43 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I agree with Mama Ash! Snow, that's a brilliant idea! This would be perfect!!! C: I love the idea of levels of keys! That's so much better than what's going on right now!

Honestly, to those who are saying the whole "Ergergergerger if you change it herpderpherp it's not gonna mean as much gergergerger wahwahwah" thing, I'd like to add my two cents on the matter.

I understand that this is a game of chance. Woot. Whoopty stinkin' doo.

The fact that people can have over 100 crates and have invested hours into this nonsense just to get one key (or not get one at all) is ridiculous!!!

Yes, I understand that this is all by chance, I get it. I honestly do. But I think the odds should be altered. You can't really say things about it being unfair because it's all by chance, but I think it would cause less trouble if you could increase the likelihood of a drop.

Also, I absolutely hate the fact that you can put hours into this, get your first key, and it turns out to be a freaking pixel.
That's where I table flip and get outta dodge. If you're going to implement catalog items that have no rare value, at least make it a little pricier than a 5 credit pixel that you can't even sell. That is ridiculous. I think items in the crates that aren't rare should be at least 500 credits in value due to the fact that it's already hard enough to get a stinkin' key.

And to all those people that are going to pick this apart, save it. Your opinion isn't important to me because I have seen what you guys have posted in this thread on similar responses. I'm not a whiner. I'm not whining. I'm merely sharing my input.

Oooh, to add onto Snow's idea, I think that if we implemented different levels of keys, maybe they could go on sale in a store for a large amount of credits. I've played many of games where you can BUY a mystery crate and try your luck at it. Maybe make it to where a bronze key could cost 750 credits, a silver key could cost 5,000 credits and a gold key could cost like, 50k. Either way, you have to put in a lot of work to get the credits to buy those keys.

~Mama Out
I like that idea as well. In another game I play, one that requires sometimes actual cash, sometimes they hold events for a certain character. Maybe a new character came out, or a new job came out for one of the exisiting characters, they hold an event where you can purchase exclusive armor and weapons, and sometimes little mystery boxes. The mystery boxes cost 1.00$ each (1k cash points), and you get a random drop of a reinforcement stone to strengthen your weapons, or a little chibi of a character to equip and it floats around you, or a temporary necklace etc. They are always pretty popular, and go over well in the game. This game is a non-trading game and the economy works perfectly fine just selling items in the shop.

Kay.D

sorry guys.
how many boxes do i have?
keys? none.

and before you ask, yes.
there are more in my inventory.
;-;
but, then again. i like having something in the game hard to get, making it rare.
everything else has been easy to get.
so, im gonna say i'd like to keep them the same.
lol i love this post<3 keys needs to be more common.

Frinklebumper

Bumper of Frinkles
People aren't exactly seeing the big picture here. Keys and crates are here to stay; this isn't some event that's going to end any day now. You have the rest of MyVMK's life span to get keys and crates.

Also, for those of you who are saying "Oh, but I play 6 whole games and didn't get one! What about the 1/5 chance!!11!1!!!!1!!!ONE!!", you don't understand how probability works. For every game you play, you have a 1/5 chance of winning. That does not mean that if you play 5 games you have a 5/5 chance of winning. Each win is independent of the others. The same goes for the super-rares; having 100 crates and 100 keys does not give you a 100/100 chance of winning a super-rare. Each time you open a crate is a single, individual, independent 1/100. Some people have all the luck in the world, while others have none of it. All you can do to increase your chances is to keep playing.

We don't need an increase in odds for keys or the prizes. You all need to take a step back and realize what's going on and get over yourselves.

...And this is all coming from a guy who's gotten 10 crates and no keys. I'm not complaining, and neither should you.

relizabeth

People aren't exactly seeing the big picture here. Keys and crates are here to stay; this isn't some event that's going to end any day now. You have the rest of MyVMK's life span to get keys and crates.

Also, for those of you who are saying "Oh, but I play 6 whole games and didn't get one! What about the 1/5 chance!!11!1!!!!1!!!ONE!!", you don't understand how probability works. For every game you play, you have a 1/5 chance of winning. That does not mean that if you play 5 games you have a 5/5 chance of winning. Each win is independent of the others. The same goes for the super-rares; having 100 crates and 100 keys does not give you a 100/100 chance of winning a super-rare. Each time you open a crate is a single, individual, independent 1/100. Some people have all the luck in the world, while others have none of it. All you can do to increase your chances is to keep playing.

We don't need an increase in odds for keys or the prizes. You all need to take a step back and realize what's going on and get over yourselves.

...And this is all coming from a guy who's gotten 10 crates and no keys. I'm not complaining, and neither should you.
im not complaining. if you actually went through and read my posts i did say that it doesnt garentee you prize every 5 games when someone said something about that. and also i would just like to see the odds go down to 1/4 which is a little better but still not very many. And the prizes in the crates are going to CHANGE. just because they are here to stay doesnt mean you will eventually get one of those two hats in a year after playing a million times. read the other posts before you comment please

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!

But the prizes will change as well, and the coveted exclusive rare prizes available RIGHT NOW are the reasoning behind the issues over the keys and crates.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
If everyone continues to request having things their own way, I don't see this game going far. I know everyone struggles to get keys, you're not the only one! Does that mean your game experience is over? Absolutely not. This new system encourages more in-depth gameplay, and retrieving the keys requires effort and is meant to be difficult, as Amy said. Will there be different kinds of keys and more opportunities in the near future? Of course, so don't get worked up over it.

I agree that keys should be a bit more common. I can't be collecting clams or playing fireworks all the time to try and get keys! Ain't nobody got time fo' dat! (video reference :D)

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
If everyone continues to request having things their own way, I don't see this game going far. I know everyone struggles to get keys, you're not the only one! Does that mean your game experience is over? Absolutely not. This new system encourages more in-depth gameplay, and retrieving the keys requires effort and is meant to be difficult, as Amy said. Will there be different kinds of keys and more opportunities in the near future? Of course, so don't get worked up over it.
What's the harm in offering feedback and potential solutions? If you have the opportunity to better something, why wouldn't you? Or at the very least, respect someone sharing their feedback.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
What's the harm in offering feedback and potential solutions? If you have the opportunity to better something, why wouldn't you? Or at the very least, respect someone sharing their feedback.
I am not being ignorant or disrespectful to anyone, nor preventing anyone from distributing their personal opinion. Because of course, this is the Suggestions forum. If you have read my previous post you would know why I get a little irritated about threads like these.