Disney College Program Fall 2017

I applied last week for Disneyland! I filled out my application and got a WBI right away, and then that same day scheduled my phone interview. I had it on 1/31 and I've been in submission since then.
BAEEEEEE I MISSED YOU. please dont go to disney without meee :(
message me when you get on again, we need to catch up!

Hi guys! Former 2-time DCP'er and 1 time PI'er (Professional Intern) here! Shoot me a message if you have any questions about the programs. It really will be the most memorable experience of your life as long as you make it that way! Have the best time and good luck to everyone, don't worry too much if your application is still in submission, good things take time:)

Hi guys! Former 2-time DCP'er and 1 time PI'er (Professional Intern) here! Shoot me a message if you have any questions about the programs. It really will be the most memorable experience of your life as long as you make it that way! Have the best time and good luck to everyone, don't worry too much if your application is still in submission, good things take time:)
i sent a message like months ago but no reply. however i guess it doesn't matter since im in submission

Hi Rosey,
I'm so sorry I must have missed your message! I don't see anything in my private messages, but I'd love to help you if you have any questions:)
ah seems i have left/deleted the convo since i haven't seen you in a while.
I know submission is so random but i'm still having trouble grasping of why very good applicants don't get WBI's :/ I've edited mine(work experience and was more open to roles) 4 times, so different from my original application, yet still in submission. also included "key words"

@Rosey A good suggestion I would have for roles is not to put low interest in a lot of roles, maybe one, two at max. You should aim to put high or moderate to show that you are flexible and eager for any opportunity. As for the submission status, sometimes people hear on the VERY last day. My friend who works in casting CP recruiting has told me that they are working on implementing new systems. In the past 4 years, the applicant numbers have grown exponentially. When I applied for my first CP, I got the WBI instantly and then an interview 5 days later, and acceptance 5 days after that. For my second CP, I got a WBI 3 days later, then a phone interview almost 2 weeks after that. Mind you, at that point I had been considered an 'alumni' since this was my second program. 2 of my best friends who were also alumni got their WBI and phone interviews instantly. Sometimes they go by last name order, work experience volumes, or the time you applied. Right now there is not much of a process of organization at all; like I mentioned: the gaining popularity of the program has enrollment at an all time high. Everyone tends to freak out a little bit with the "in-submission phase" and it is understandable, it's honestly different for everyone and nobody knows why. I know someone who has applied for her 4th program and she's in submission for 3 weeks now, and she even has a clean record (from her previous 3 programs). So, long-winded moral of this story is not to be too discouraged yet. I completely understand why you feel the way you do, but the important thing to realize is that you didn't get an automatic NLIC ( No Longer In Consideration)!

@Rosey A good suggestion I would have for roles is not to put low interest in a lot of roles, maybe one, two at max. You should aim to put high or moderate to show that you are flexible and eager for any opportunity. As for the submission status, sometimes people hear on the VERY last day. My friend who works in casting CP recruiting has told me that they are working on implementing new systems. In the past 4 years, the applicant numbers have grown exponentially. When I applied for my first CP, I got the WBI instantly and then an interview 5 days later, and acceptance 5 days after that. For my second CP, I got a WBI 3 days later, then a phone interview almost 2 weeks after that. Mind you, at that point I had been considered an 'alumni' since this was my second program. 2 of my best friends who were also alumni got their WBI and phone interviews instantly. Sometimes they go by last name order, work experience volumes, or the time you applied. Right now there is not much of a process of organization at all; like I mentioned: the gaining popularity of the program has enrollment at an all time high. Everyone tends to freak out a little bit with the "in-submission phase" and it is understandable, it's honestly different for everyone and nobody knows why. I know someone who has applied for her 4th program and she's in submission for 3 weeks now, and she even has a clean record (from her previous 3 programs). So, long-winded moral of this story is not to be too discouraged yet. I completely understand why you feel the way you do, but the important thing to realize is that you didn't get an automatic NLIC ( No Longer In Consideration)!
1. I put no interest for lifeguard (cannot swim that well) and children recreations (sorry forgot the actual title), but I had about 5 high interest and some moderate and I think 1 or 2 low.

2. Yea I know the population has changed; heard back then everyone got a WBI at least but now apparently over 30k of people are applying. Though I still wish we actually know what Disney wants, worked very hard on my work experience (since it seemed that was the issue) and put thought into other roles (other 2 times I've only put interest in QSFB, Attractions and Merch). Some people have been applying for years (7 times) and nada.

3. I'm heavily discouraged being in Submission now, never gotten a WBI ever, because it's my third time and I've always been NLIC at the end. I was happy there was a Submission wave on Feb 3rd but alas I was not part of it and who knows there will be another. I honestly rather get NLIC than be in submission for months, not given a chance.

I don't even know what to change at all if I apply again for Spring 2018, I don't want to be in Submission again.

Neda

I feel like the whole process is 100% random and that's unfortunate :/
I know so many people mention that they include Disney keywords in their applications and that they have tons of experience and they don't hear back.
I didn't even realize that there were specific keywords to include in my application to help my chances. I literally had the most basic application, and I made it to the phone interview both times I applied so far. (I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to the actual phone interview, though :scared:)

I know so many people mention that they include Disney keywords in their applications and that they have tons of experience and they don't hear back.
I didn't even realize that there were specific keywords to include in my application to help my chances. I literally had the most basic application, and I made it to the phone interview both times I applied so far. (I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to the actual phone interview, though :scared:)
I've gone through the phone interview and what I can tell you is this: it's just like having a conversation with someone that you know. Just remember to be calm and everything will go smooth sailing. If anything, just practice what you're going to say.

1. I put no interest for lifeguard (cannot swim that well) and children recreations (sorry forgot the actual title), but I had about 5 high interest and some moderate and I think 1 or 2 low.

2. Yea I know the population has changed; heard back then everyone got a WBI at least but now apparently over 30k of people are applying. Though I still wish we actually know what Disney wants, worked very hard on my work experience (since it seemed that was the issue) and put thought into other roles (other 2 times I've only put interest in QSFB, Attractions and Merch). Some people have been applying for years (7 times) and nada.

3. I'm heavily discouraged being in Submission now, never gotten a WBI ever, because it's my third time and I've always been NLIC at the end. I was happy there was a Submission wave on Feb 3rd but alas I was not part of it and who knows there will be another. I honestly rather get NLIC than be in submission for months, not given a chance.

I don't even know what to change at all if I apply again for Spring 2018, I don't want to be in Submission again.
I'm not entirely sure why that's happening, but I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged :/
#1 tip for phone interviews is SMILE! They can tell you're smiling through the phone. I even dressed up for both my phone interviews...I know they couldn't see me but lookin good had me feelin good, and really confident too.

If we could know what they want (or what we did wrong rather) I'd know what to work on ya know?
Just still unsure if i should try again, if im going to keep being put into sub.
In my opinion, you should always try again. It's been a few years since I've had to deal with recruiting, but I just checked our alumni page on facebook and found the following:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/resume-tips-for-your-disney-application/

If you're not opposed to it, I'd be happy to look at your resume for you. You could block out your personal information and I can look at it content and format wise.

In my opinion, you should always try again. It's been a few years since I've had to deal with recruiting, but I just checked our alumni page on facebook and found the following:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/resume-tips-for-your-disney-application/

If you're not opposed to it, I'd be happy to look at your resume for you. You could block out your personal information and I can look at it content and format wise.
er well the actual "Resume" doesn't have to be included (or I think they don't look at that at all) but if you mean work experience/skills yes I can show you that.

Well, I was accepted into the Program yesterday for Attractions. However, I spoke with my advisor and he doesn't think I should do it since it'll throw off my graduation timeline. I'm so torn!! I want to just get my senior year over with, but this is an amazing opportunity! Help. :um:

Well, I was accepted into the Program yesterday for Attractions. However, I spoke with my advisor and he doesn't think I should do it since it'll throw off my graduation timeline. I'm so torn!! I want to just get my senior year over with, but this is an amazing opportunity! Help. :um:
Hi Elegance! Is it possible that you could take a summer course? How about any courses offered by Disney University? I took two 3-credit classes on my program and through ACE they transferred back to my college! When you take the classes at Disney, you are guaranteed to have those days off (in most cases.) So it's pretty nice because it gives you an excuse for a consistent schedule (something CPs almost never have lol)

Luminosity

Hi Elegance! Is it possible that you could take a summer course? How about any courses offered by Disney University? I took two 3-credit classes on my program and through ACE they transferred back to my college! When you take the classes at Disney, you are guaranteed to have those days off (in most cases.) So it's pretty nice because it gives you an excuse for a consistent schedule (something CPs almost never have lol)
What types of courses are offered?

Nope! Since I'm going to be a senior in my resort, Rec, and hospitality management major, I can only take the remaining courses when they are offered in fall and spring respectively, and internships in the summer only. So the program does not count for anything, and the department does not accept Disney credits.

What types of courses are offered?
Hi Luminosity! The courses change depending on the season for the program. They have Disney heritage classes that teach you about the history of Walt and his family, the park constructions, and company legacy. They also have ones available for collegiate classes such as hospitality/tourism, corporate communications, experiential learning, and environmental studies!

Nope! Since I'm going to be a senior in my resort, Rec, and hospitality management major, I can only take the remaining courses when they are offered in fall and spring respectively, and internships in the summer only. So the program does not count for anything, and the department does not accept Disney credits.
That womps, Elegance:( I'm sorry your school is so picky. Sometimes universities will transfer Disney credits in as electives or gen-eds, but on the bright side you're almost done!