2016 Design an Egg Winners!!! (In-Game item)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Well we had some wonderful entries, and we had a difficult time deciding on winners. In the end we had 3, with a couple runners-up.

Winners will receive 10,000 credits and one of every egg that made it into the game this year.
@Gregory - Doom Beggy
@Eros - Ariel
@deadea - Colors of the Wind

Runners-Up will receive their own egg in game.
@Emsy - Peter Pan
@GlowingFeet - Mama?

We also went back through the 2015 entries and pulled a few more in as well since several people asked if we would consider them again. They will also receive their own eggs in game.
@PhantomAvenger - Dumbo
@Atlantis - Chicken Little
@Rob P - Little Mermaid
@MissMastersen - Jack Skellington
@Light - Deathstar

Congratulations to all our winners!

Last edited:
Congrats :3

Did you contact and get approval from any of last years artists that submitted an egg? I talked to one of the winners and they aren't happy their artwork was basically stolen from them, they don't play anymore and didn't receive any message beforehand or approve that their artwork be used. Last year's competition rules didn't have any disclaimer that their submissions became owned by the game, so it's still their property.

> Also not sure if you got permission or don't remember, but I'm pretty positive the egg template from last year was created by Tink who if I recall, doesn't want any of her artwork to be added/used in the game anymore in any form.
Yes, it was edited by other players, but you're still using her artwork in some form and wasn't given permission to do so (from her and everyone else involved).

Please remove my egg from the game. The only reason I found out that I "won" and that my artwork is being used in the game is because Hogie told me and I had no clue what they were talking about. It's really unprofessional/irresponsible (and frankly illegal) to take someone else's artwork, especially from one of your players, and use it in the game without contacting them first. The artwork I submitted was for an entirely different contest that ended almost a year ago and I don't want my intellectual property being used in the game.

Yours is super cute Marsh, and I'm sorry for what you're going through with this. Hopefully it can get solved Asap.

Side note, I like how some of the eggs that were added into the game weren't in the post as being winners or runner ups :P ( just opened like 20 baskets lol)

Last edited:

Amy

Head Administrator
Please remove my egg from the game. The only reason I found out that I "won" and that my artwork is being used in the game is because Hogie told me and I had no clue what they were talking about. It's really unprofessional/irresponsible (and frankly illegal) to take someone else's artwork, especially from one of your players, and use it in the game without contacting them first. The artwork I submitted was for an entirely different contest that ended almost a year ago and I don't want my intellectual property being used in the game.
I'm sorry, I'll replace yours with another egg. I didn't realise yours was selected (I didn't do the picking), and I thought the disclaimer was on last years. If anyone elses were used from last year and you don't want them in the game, PM me and I'll get them replaced ASAP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gmm0av6ogptau2/Screenshot 2016-03-27 05.43.12.png?dl=0
I'm replying to this one even though it got deleted because frankly, I'm not in the mood. What is it with you and making everything personal? Did I do something to you? Do you think I do everything in the game? Because surprise, I don't. If it's because you think I get some kind of power trip from this game, no, honestly, with how much bashing I get and the things I put up with day to day just to keep this thing alive, it's the opposite. Do you think I go around banning people like most people seem to assume? Because the last time I banned someone was... January (checked the ban logs). Also, going on clones and sending call for helps attacking my appearance doesn't make you cool.

Yours is super cute Marsh, and I'm sorry for what you're going through with this. Hopefully it can get solved Asap.

Side note, I like how some of the eggs that were added into the game weren't in the post as being winners or runner ups :P ( just opened like 20 baskets lol)
Some of them were made by us, otherwise let me know.

Hey guys, thanks for the support in regards to my eggs. Excited to be able to share my work with all of you!

(I might not be responding to anything right away, I'm on a ship in the Pacific Ocean right now- as you'd imagine, cell service is a little spotty... Haha)
:) Have a Happy Easter!
Thank you for contributing! Your eggs look great in game! :)

Amy

Head Administrator
"Basically the rest of your eggs were so bad we decided to go back to last years...aaaaand make our own." *you've just won shiny blue egg* :lol:
There were a lot of issues with some of this years eggs when they got in game, and we didn't have time to go to the people and ask them to fix it (such as white borders around eggs that only showed up in game), so we had to take some of the ones we put in out. The "shiny eggs" are more common than the other eggs, same with the polka dot eggs, they're supposed to be generic.

There were a lot of issues with some of this years eggs when they got in game, and we didn't have time to go to the people and ask them to fix it (such as white borders around eggs that only showed up in game), so we had to take some of the ones we put in out. The "shiny eggs" are more common than the other eggs, same with the polka dot eggs, they're supposed to be generic.
Understandable, but still I was just paraphrasing the above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.