2017 Create a Valentine Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

:rose: This February, love is in the air. Why not make a Valentine to show someone you care? :rose:

Rules
1) You must use the provided template for your entry.
2) You may design things by hand or digitally.
3) All work must be your own.
4) All entries must follow the MyVMK Forum Rules.
5) Do not share your work with anyone. This includes posting it on the forum before the end of the competition and encouraging people to vote for your entry.
6) You may enter only one version.
7) To ensure anonymity and fairness, please do not put your name, or a friend's name, anywhere on the image.

***Breaking any of these rules will disqualify your card. :(***

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

How To Submit Your Valentine
Select ONE option
Printer-friendly Heart :hearts: Printer-friendly Card
Digital design-friendly Heart :hearts: Digital design-friendly Card
Click here and title the thread with your username.
Please submit the image in IMG tags as well as the actual image URL in the thread.

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

Judging and Prizes
The judges of this contest will be your MyVMK Forums Staff Members! We will pick our top 10 favorites and then let you, the users of MyVMK Forums, vote on the finalists to determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. This will be done anonymously. If there are not 10 entries, or close to that amount, we will allow all qualifying entries to be placed in a poll!

The prizes are as follows:

First Place: Create A Valentine Contest 1st Place Medal

Second Place: Create A Valentine Contest 2nd Place Medal

Third Place: Create A Valentine Contest 3rd Place Medal

All participants: Create A Valentine Contest Participation Medal

AND
A forums exclusive in-game prize! (Limited to 1 per person)
Judging will be based on creativity, theme, development, originality, and clarity of writing

Deadlines
All cards must be submitted by February 9th at 11:59pm EST.
Voting will open on February 10th.
Voting will close on February 13th at 11:59pm EST.
Winners will be announced on February 14th!

We look forward to your Valentines!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never done one of these before and I tried printing off the printer-friendly heart - only the top and bottom of the heart is missing :o Would you be kind enough to give instructions on how to print this off so it isn't cut off?

I did:
1. Go to Imgur
2. Clicked the download post link
3. Clicked the printer icon on viewer programme (forgot what it is called but it defaulted to that programme)

Many thanks from a non-tech savvy person :hug:

I have never done one of these before and I tried printing off the printer-friendly heart - only the top and bottom of the heart is missing :o Would you be kind enough to give instructions on how to print this off so it isn't cut off?

I did:
1. Go to Imgur
2. Clicked the download post link
3. Clicked the printer icon on viewer programme (forgot what it is called but it defaulted to that programme)

Many thanks from a non-tech savvy person :hug:
Hiya! Maybe this would be easier? Right click the heart and "Save image as". Then find it in your picture file folder, and print it from there? Hopefully that works better! It shouldn't be cut off, but if it still is, let me know and I can resize it for you!

I've never done one of these contests before and have a question. As far as digital goes, can I use say a Disney character I found online or must I use something I have hand drawn? Like can I find pictures online and then mash them together to create a theme?

I've never done one of these contests before and have a question. As far as digital goes, can I use say a Disney character I found online or must I use something I have hand drawn? Like can I find pictures online and then mash them together to create a theme?
Yeah, that's fine. As long as it's not strictly a bunch of images off google thrown together. If it looks like you actually put effort into it, you're golden! Like Disney clip art is fine, as long as you're not stealing someone else's work.

I'm a little confused is it a card and a heart? All I see when I click the card link is the card :o[DOUBLEPOST=1485544858][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, wait I see the heart link now, oops

We thought it'd be nice to give 2 options lol. You can do a card template or a heart (:
Oh, so, i have to do one or the other, but not both?

Yeah, that's fine. As long as it's not strictly a bunch of images off google thrown together. If it looks like you actually put effort into it, you're golden! Like Disney clip art is fine, as long as you're not stealing someone else's work.
So glad I saw this, I was hesitant to partcipate until I saw this. It'd be a lot easier for me to do this since I can't draw </3

JessieJoe

just out of curiosity, why is the card so ridiculously big? my computer is having a tough time openiong the image.

JessieJoe

Which are you opening? The printer-friendly card or the digital design? We may have made them slightly too large, but they can be resized.

Unless the "cutting off the image" isn't what you're talking about.
The image is just big. more then 5000 pixels broad. lol. and as i said, it was just out of curiosity :) Digital design btw. I uploaded mine, hopefully it is cute enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.