80s Music Anyone?

J-Whip

Belinda Carlisle, Heart, Joan Jett & Blackhearts, Pat Benatar, Patti Smith, Vixen, Whitney Houston, Bruce Springsteen, Alphaville, John Mellencamp, Michael Jackson, The Outfield, REO Speedwagon, Rick Springfield, Robert Tepper, Split Enz, Steve Winwood, The Tubes.

I got way more excited than I care to admit when I saw this thread.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Yeah dude, Down In It and The Only Time, songs like that had a nice 90's vibe to 'em, and they were real good! The Downward Spiral was the first album I heard of theirs, not surprising I guess, but when I started hearing their other songs I couldn't really determine what their new stuff was and what their old stuff was until I looked into it. They were always able to instill that "90's sound" into their music, it's hard for me to remember that they've been around even before that album. But as for KMFDM, I haven't known them for too long! I'd say 5 years or less actually. I found NIN through Marilyn Manson in high school and after I found NIN I got into stuff like KMFDM and Pitchshifter. I got into them real fast though, they have some catchy songs. Every one sounds completely different but you can always tell it's them, they're real cool. If you know of any other industrial bands let me know! I've been trying to find good ones but I keep getting redirected to Rammstein, which isn't really my style.
I like Rammstein but some people probably don’t like hearing music in another language lol…(other than English when that’s their predominant speaking language. I've noticed that for some people, it does take time to adjust to I think). I’ve never really been too interested in speaking and learning German myself since I've never lived there personally, but the sound itself that they create is pretty cool. Their commercial success aboard didn’t really come into the United States, via rock stations until “Du Hast” I think. Always seems like the “Western world” gets music handed down from the “Eastern world”…but hey makes sense because you have to consider that the varieties of basic tribal music, were the only thing readily available in the backwoods of the North American continent for many centuries.

Funny thing is…, KMFDM was formed in Germany also (you probably know that anyways)….their approach is just different with languages. I guess that goes to show you…haha..; there’s another band from Germany that’s pretty good called Megaherz you might check out, although it reminds me of a bit like Rammstein…..(language barrier, you could call it) Let’s see hmmm… Project Pitchfork is from there, bands like X-Fusion, Funker Vogt, The Retrosic, Faderhead, Einsturzende Neubauten, Heimataerde etc. are also from Germany. Truth be told, industrial music as a genre really came out during the 1970’s decade of music and not the 80’s like some would believe. A lot of it was started and formed in the underground music scene in Germany (surprise, surprise…lol) and in the United Kingdom during this time.

As for bands in general, that fall under a form of the industrial genre, then I’d suggest looking into the following varieties for starters if you haven’t already ~ Front Line Assembly, VNV Nation, Ministry, Velvet Acid Christ, Fear Factory, Angelspit, Psyclon Nine, Gravity Kills, Cabaret Voltaire, Combichrist, Thrill Kill Kult, Godflesh, Leatherstrip, God Module, Bauhaus, Throbbing Gristle, Attrition, Die Sektor etc. That should give enough of an assortment to look into for your own indulgence, for now. \m/

I like Rammstein but some people probably don’t like hearing music in another language lol…(other than English when that’s their predominant speaking language. I've noticed that for some people, it does take time to adjust to I think). I’ve never really been too interested in speaking and learning German myself since I've never lived there personally, but the sound itself that they create is pretty cool. Their commercial success aboard didn’t really come into the United States, via rock stations until “Du Hast” I think. Always seems like the “Western world” gets music handed down from the “Eastern world”…but hey makes sense because you have to consider that the varieties of basic tribal music, were the only thing readily available in the backwoods of the North American continent for many centuries.

Funny thing is…, KMFDM was formed in Germany also (you probably know that anyways)….their approach is just different with languages. I guess that goes to show you…haha..; there’s another band from Germany that’s pretty good called Megaherz you might check out, although it reminds me of a bit like Rammstein…..(language barrier, you could call it) Let’s see hmmm… Project Pitchfork is from there, bands like X-Fusion, Funker Vogt, The Retrosic, Faderhead, Einsturzende Neubauten, Heimataerde etc. are also from Germany. Truth be told, industrial music as a genre really came out during the 1970’s decade of music and not the 80’s like some would believe. A lot of it was started and formed in the underground music scene in Germany (surprise, surprise…lol) and in the United Kingdom during this time.

As for bands in general, that fall under a form of the industrial genre, then I’d suggest looking into the following varieties for starters if you haven’t already ~ Front Line Assembly, VNV Nation, Ministry, Velvet Acid Christ, Fear Factory, Angelspit, Psyclon Nine, Gravity Kills, Cabaret Voltaire, Combichrist, Thrill Kill Kult, Godflesh, Leatherstrip, God Module, Bauhaus, Throbbing Gristle, Attrition, Die Sektor etc. That should give enough of an assortment to look into for your own indulgence, for now. \m/
Yeah, the vocals in Rammstein usually throw me off, you're spot on with that. Then again, I've never given their music a fair chance so I probably will next time I'm on youtube instead of just dismissing them the way I have been. And yeah, I can only recall a few songs I've heard where KMFDM speaks or sings in German, but I think it sounds pretty rad when they do that :3 Thanks a lot though, your initial list of music on this thread has convinced me that all of those bands you just listed are worth at least giving a chance, so I'll surely check them all out.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Yeah, the vocals in Rammstein usually throw me off, you're spot on with that. Then again, I've never given their music a fair chance so I probably will next time I'm on youtube instead of just dismissing them the way I have been. And yeah, I can only recall a few songs I've heard where KMFDM speaks or sings in German, but I think it sounds pretty rad when they do that :3 Thanks a lot though, your initial list of music on this thread has convinced me that all of those bands you just listed are worth at least giving a chance, so I'll surely check them all out.
Your welcome! \m/