Alaska

EDIT: I moved all of my flickr pictures to a new account. So if you want to see these Alaska pictures, you'll have to look there now!

A few people might have noticed I was gone for a couple of weeks back in May/June. I was on a Disney cruise visiting Alaska! People have requested to see some pictures, so I am posting a link to my flickr account for people to peruse at their leisure.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think of these!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87606068@N08/

Here are a few of my favorites...some of these are from the drive to the port as well.

MORE TO COME!
I can only post 20 images per post.

@astroacejaki - posted these finally! :)

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Woah these are such cool pics!

Thanks @Acey and @taiflower :)

@Famous - What cruise line, and where are your stops? I am assuming Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau. Are you doing a round trip cruise or north/south cruise?

I personally loved the train I took in Skagway...but I think that was partially because we just had some awesome weather.

In Juneau, I definitely recommend the Mendenhall Glacier and do the short 1 mile "hike" to nugget falls. I've got pictures of both of those things in my posts above. It's like $20 I think to take the bus from the dock to the glacier and back, and it comes every 20 minutes I think. So don't book that through the cruise line. Just get off the ship, go to all the little kiosk's and book it there (you'll see them, these wooden permanent booths and all the people working them lean forward in them and yell that they have these great deals, etc etc but they all offer the same thing for pretty much the same price...lol). There is also the Mount Roberts Tramway you can do, it's pretty cool. I think it's like $35 to do this, and it's literally right off the ship. You go up a tram thing to the top of the mountain, and if I remember there is a restaurant, a gift shop, some short trails, and usually some recovering raptors. They probably still have the injured bald eagle I saw there last time.

Ketchikan has the lumberjack show a lot of people enjoy. I have never done it, I tend to shop more in Ketchikan. There is also the totem park you can visit, I think they have the worlds largest collection of totem polls or something. Or the largest in the US. Creek Street is also pretty cool looking.

What to pack: A poncho/umbrella and a warm coat/gloves/hat. You'd be surprised how cold it can get even in the middle of summer! Plus it rains a lot there. If you have a cloudy day and no rain, consider yourself VERY lucky.

So I hope that information helps. I am more than willing to answer any other questions you might have! Post here or PM me if you want :)

Mugen

just another nerd
your exterior shots are gooorrgeous; you do alaska justice! may i ask what you used to shoot these?

Beautiful pictures!! My friends and I have actually been debating booking this same cruise....

Minnie looks adorable in her Eskimo attire!
Thanks! You and your friend would not regret doing this cruise...just remember it rains a LOT in Alaska, so don't expect sunny skies. Other than that, if you have never been, I highly suggest it :) Especially with Disney!

ahhh. alaska looks so nice.
ive never been on dcl before, but am considering it! thanks for sharing pics!
You are welcome! This was my first DCL...I am already doing another one...haha.

your exterior shots are gooorrgeous; you do alaska justice! may i ask what you used to shoot these?
Thanks so much! I used a Rebel Canon T1i...I've had this camera since 2009 when it first came out (thank you, Costco...lol). I LOVE IT. I've taken it to Holi festivals (see my DA account), beach trips, hiking trips, camping, you name it...this camera is fairly hardy and takes great pictures. One of my sisters has the newest Rebel and she loves it as well, so you really can't go wrong with this line of camera.

Oh, and I should note, some of those pictures were actually taken with my point 'n shoot, also a Canon. I think it's the D10? D100? It's the original blue colored under water camera. It takes some excellent pictures both below water and above!

my ALL time favorite:
Lol...but I never saw her! We looked! ;)