All about that hair <3

This thread is all about hair. I do have some questions regarding how to fix damaged, fried, split ended hair. If any of you had bad hair, how did you go about fixing it? My sister suggested I use the coconut oil treatment and that is works wonders! Have any of you every put coconut oil in your hair before? I have damaged hair to a point but it is not insanely damaged. I am going to get a haircut at the salon because I been wanting a new style, but then after my new haircut I am going to not use as much heating tools unless I use a heat spray protector. What type of hair tips do you guys use, hair secrets you have, or hair colors you want?

Hypnotic

Well like i said in game, coconut oil does work wonders! I also make sure my normal shampoo has biotin in it, (coconut is a plus as well) . But like I said, do the coconut oil twice a week for 1-2 hours. You'll notice the difference in one wash.

I second the coconut oil! I was in the military and you have to keep your hair up at all times and that is murder for your hair and I'd use coconut oil to help reverse the damage and it helped a lot!

dreaxtina

Hey @LazyBunz !
Coconut oil does amazing for the hair, use it as a premask for up to 45mins on dry hair so the shampoo can help take it off. Use it as a mask/conditioner after the shampoo but very lightly. Avoid applying heavy oils on the scalp as there are pores being opened with the heat of the water and anything trapped in there can create oily itchy scalp.
Another thing to look out for your shampoos and conditioners is Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Chloride. Making sure these products exclude those ingridents will prevent dryness, brittleness and dullness. My favorite lines that exclude these ingredients are Devacurl, Phyto, IGK, some Aveda, Morrocan Oil, Madam CJ Walker, Briogeo, Alterna and Living Proof.
For leave in products, try to find products that carry Biotin, Keratin and/or Vitamin B12. Always use a heat protectant for heat styling AND UV. Sun damage is the worst for damaged, over processed, brittle and/or thin hair.
Remember to also trim your ends every 6-10 weeks :)
I hope this helps!

This might be the weirdest thing you've ever heard, but mayonnaise. There's a few different recipes involving mayo, lemon juice, avocado, egg, and honey, depending on your hair type. You put the treatment on and let it sit for a little bit and then wash it out with a tiny bit of regular shampoo. When my hairstylist told me, I looked at her like she had 5 heads. I was skeptical as HECK, but I did it and it worked wonders. I try to do it once a month or every 2 months. To mask the mayo smell you can add a drop of vanilla extract:)

2-3 oz of witch hazel, jojoba oil, or almond oil..(not sure if coconut would work)
30 drops lavender oil, 30 drops cedarwood oil, 30 drops rosemary oil.
Put in a spray bottle and viola!

Last edited:

PotatoBacon

Professional Netflixer
I got this product called the Split-Ender PRO for Christmas, and I love it! It's on the pricier side, but I feel like it is a very good investment! If you're like me, and you don't like to cut the length of your hair this product is for you! Here's the link to the item. https://www.splitenderpro.com/
It shows a video on how it works and such. I've had it for about a month and a half now, and I have no complaints!

Very nice!!! Thank you all for your replies, I love it! :cloud9: I am going to use that coconut oil because my hair is to my shoulders and another cut would be like omg xD! I bet it smells fabulous too <3 :aww: Oh nice, I believe the shampoo I use is bad, I will have to change everything up from now on to keep my hair at its best and always use heat protectors! :allthethings:[DOUBLEPOST=1487351363][/DOUBLEPOST]I actually heard of a thing for mayo before hahahah, that is for sure going on my to do list as well after all my other stuff xD! I love trying new things out with magic hair secrets :awright: