Any Disney Pin Traders on the forums?

I recently got into the trading pin game, and my goodness, I am completely addicted. I was wondering if anyone else was a pin trader? And if so, could you post your lanyard(s)?

I have two lanyards; one for pins I'm planning on trading, and one for pins that I'm definitely keeping.

KrazyBella

Me too! I also have recently gotten into pin trading over the past year. It started because I kept coming across Disney pins in thrift shops! hahaha I've paid anywhere from $.50 to $3.00 for a pin, and I get whatever I can find, knowing I will trade the doubles/ones I don't like! I'll try to get a picture of them later :)

KrazyBella said:
Me too! I also have recently gotten into pin trading over the past year. It started because I kept coming across Disney pins in thrift shops! hahaha I've paid anywhere from $.50 to $3.00 for a pin, and I get whatever I can find, knowing I will trade the doubles/ones I don't like! I'll try to get a picture of them later :)
Sweet! I sadly haven't seen any pins at thrift shops, I have seen them at flea markets though. I get most of my pins off of eBay in large lots, and split them with my brother and friend.

KrazyBella

CyanLilPrincess said:
KrazyBella said:
Sweet! I sadly haven't seen any pins at thrift shops, I have seen them at flea markets though. I get most of my pins off of eBay in large lots, and split them with my brother and friend.
Be careful for fakes though in large lots from ebay! But yeah, I just get them whenever I happen to come across one... I guess that also adds into the fun, finding a good deal!

KrazyBella said:
Be careful for fakes though in large lots from ebay! But yeah, I just get them whenever I happen to come across one... I guess that also adds into the fun, finding a good deal!
That is true, my friend ran into this once. I thankfully haven't, the worst I had was one square pin with a weird chunk of sharp metal poking out (which I wore down with a nail file).

Now I kind of want to know what thrift stores you guys go to to find pins. The ones I go to usually just have Disney magnets. :o

KrazyBella

CyanLilPrincess said:
KrazyBella said:
That is true, my friend ran into this once. I thankfully haven't, the worst I had was one square pin with a weird chunk of sharp metal poking out (which I wore down with a nail file).

Now I kind of want to know what thrift stores you guys go to to find pins. The ones I go to usually just have Disney magnets. :o
:o metal sticking out is not good! hahaha Well near me there is a thirft store chain called "Savers" and so occasionally if I'm driving by I'll check out the jewelry section, and luckily the people who work there don't know how much the pins actually cost! hahaha :thumbsup:

Yes!! I have some vmk pins :) I bought like 6 packs of the surprise packs that came with 2 cards and 2 pins.
Also, do you like Duffy?

Acey said:
Yes!! I have some vmk pins :) I bought like 6 packs of the surprise packs that came with 2 cards and 2 pins.
Also, do you like Duffy?

Oooh, nice pins~ Is that Donald wearing the bird hat from VMK? :D

Also, I love Duffy! I'm finally getting a Duffy for my birthday, I can't wait <3

^ he sure is! Most of those pins are vmk pins. (Minnie sitting on pirate q, Pluto guarding the treasure chair, etc.)

I have some of the VMK pins and I collect Stitch pins (not a massive collection but i have around 60) =3 i also have a few limited addition pins =)
Love pin trading though :) when i go to disney i like trading with the cast members =)

My lanyards are currently empty. I have a whole binder filled with Pins! When I was younger I went crazy for them and was trading around all the parks like mad. Over the years I've collected more here and there. My collection has slowed down because of school, work and just life happening. Everytime I hit the parks though I do manage to snag a few.

I got so into it a few years ago, that I designed a small backpack to wear around the park for them.

I'll post pictures later of the binder, lanyards and backpack! :dance:

I've been pin trading since i was like 1 apparently lol (my parents would always let me pick) and basically my whole family is addicted to pin trading. I have about 10 (guesing) pin books with just my keepers in it. My lanyard is just full of stuff i keep on there. Its my dream lanyard with my 2 dream pins and the first 2 vinalmasions (correct my spelling of that) i ever got (Yeti and Tea Cup) also has my Stitch lolipop pin, my Skippy and some puffles then just w/e i feel like wearing that day (mostly stuff i trade for just to trade) i do though own some neat pins. One of them being a limited edition of 25 minnie mouse pin.

Here's my pins, and lanyards that I promised to post. The one picture with the Goofy comic is my prized pin. It'll never be for trade EVER! I can up with the idea of framing it after I found that Goofy comic at a nearby comic con. One of these days I'll get back into it, but until then, I am happy with what I have!

LordeByron

i have a lot of pins but don't have a camera rn.....i'll post mine when i can! lots of them are kinda old ones, and i try to get haunted mansion ones. my treasure is my dcl engineer room pin, i got it from the head engineer when i went on the cruise because i (when i was 10) asked him what happened to the poop on the ship. he gave me a tour of like, the inside of the ship, it was cool.

Heartsdown

I will post mine soon too, need to take pictures of them. but i have a a 3 ring binder full of cast lanyards/hidden mickey pins. i also have cast exclusives and pins from walt disney imagineering.