Appraisal Room

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

• Good Idea

• Bad Idea

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, so over the last few weeks, I've noticed that it's hard to get a straight value on items, and it's hard to get a real value for most of our "Currency." For example, SITS vary from 400 credits, to 250. Firewalls vary from 30k. to 36k. And I understand that credits are traded, but it's hard for people to get an exact value on items to trade for. My idea is as follows. Me and my sister, are building a room specifically designed for appraisals. Bacially the way it would work, is we would have six people (3 From "Upper Class" and three from "Lower Class"), each focused on one aspect of trading (Clothing, Pins, and Furniture). Each person would have one specific day that they would come in for an hour or so, and you can ask them the value of your item. Each person will be selected based on high criteria, and we will make sure that each person will give you a fair, and honest value. This way, you don't have to go off of threads that may get outdated, but you can have a real time quote! If we can get 5 people supporting this idea, we will open the room for the first time! If you would like to help, you can post below, but we ask that you have at least two recommendations. Tell me your thought's and maybe we can make this better!

Last edited:
Well, I can see where your coming from, but sometimes it is difficult to trade if you have 5 people all with different values for an item. And besides, it's not like you would have to be part of it. You could just ignore it all together. It's just something that would be for people that don't know values to get an idea.

ThundrCody

Well, I can see where your coming from, but sometimes it is difficult to trade if you have 5 people all with different values for an item. And besides, it's not like you would have to be part of it. You could just ignore it all together. It's just something that would be for people that don't know values to get an idea.
Well straight values would effect everyone. Whether you wanted to or not, if an item has a straight value. Thats what you need to trade. There would be no more offers. Simply credits or credit values of items.
Back in the old vmk if you were lucky enough you could get what you wanted when you didnt have much if what you had was what the person wanted. If everything has a straight value thats impossible.

The problem is though, is that even if I don't do this, there is still the value thread. Which is giving values. Plus, it's not going to affect everyone. it's meant to be for a person to trade something they want for a fair price, it's not like were decreasing any values of anything, we are simply telling people what other people are trading for it right now. The value isn't supposed to last a month, it's supposed to be for people who are thinking about trading get a fair value, and not get scammed. And honestly, this vmk is not like the old one. If you asked someone who was trading a stitch hat what they were looking for, they would say Firewalls, clocks, 5 star magics, flip hat, etc. I wish it was something like I could trade by couple magics someone wanted for a valuable hat, but it's not. People nowadays only want exactly what it's worth, if not more, and most of the time, it's in credits.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Not a fan. There are no exact values for items. Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay. SITS vary in price because of demand, which is constantly changing. Plus, having a few specific players to give values for items is a bad idea. It would be easy to manipulate it for personal gain. How much are sits you ask? Well, I have 100 I'm trying to trade (not that you know that), so id say they are worth 500 a piece! Just supposed to take the word of one player as fact? In an area such as values where there are no facts, just opinions and speculations. Another example: say i need clouds for a room I'm building. I really want to finish this room so I'm offering a lot more than other people would. But other people see this and now the value is questioned. It's all a matter of desire and perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost

Plus, having a few specific players to give values for items is a bad idea. It would be easy to manipulate it for personal gain.
When I had my value thread up I tried to make it so I gave a fair representation of higher and lower values and all people did was complain that I wasn't giving an exact value which would be impossible and dumb.

Items around just worth x or y. They are worth between x and y to different people.

But again, we are not giving them one specific value. Say someone with a drink me magic came in and asked what it's worth, the people that are there would talk it over, and then give the person a lower value, and a higher value. They would get that range of what people are willing to pay. And, it wouldn't be affected by personal gain, because we would ave someone from the higher class, and someone from he lower class, that way personal gain wouldn't be in affect. The main point is for someone to come in, and get a range value, after they get the range, they can do whatever the heck they want too. They could purposely sell it for less, or more depending on ow much they wanted it, etc. It is just if a person comes in asking if a drink me magic for a tow mater magic is a fair deal, we can give them about what each one is currently being traded for, and then they can decide on thier own! We are not saying "Ok, this is worth x and that's the only amount that you can trade it for."

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
But they could also just post a thread asking for an items value in the trading forum and/or value thread, and multiple people will comment giving their opinions on the values.

Obviously you're more then welcome to open up your own room and do this sort of thing, i just don't think it's needed when we have the forums.

I like this idea Charizard! If you want to keep the fun in a game then you make it a challenge for EVERYONE and not just those who are new or have less items and credits than others. Besides, the speakers of the room wouldn't establish anything, as no value for a retired item is established in the forums between five rich players. I do like this idea and I support it! Woo!

I like this idea Charizard! If you want to keep the fun in a game then you make it a challenge for EVERYONE and not just those who are new or have less items and credits than others. Besides, the speakers of the room wouldn't establish anything, as no value for a retired item is established in the forums between five rich players. I do like this idea and I support it! Woo!
Thanks for your feedback! It helps a lot to know that at least one person like the idea!