Back in VMK and first thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! So, words can't describe how it feels to have VMK back. It's like one of the only things that could return from my childhood besides some disney/nick shows returning every once in a while. I was really excited to get started and I've been on for a few months, but honestly, it's felt hard to make friends. I'm actually embarrassed to reveal who I am in-game because in a way I feel like this is ridiculous for me to feel, but I am in need of advice and to know if I was alone on this. It feels as if there's so many groups made already and it doesn't feel as friendly as how it used to be, at least. I've been kicked out of games rudely and been talked to rudely, and it just hasn't felt too welcoming. I'm around a lot, and I see a lot of the same people all the time, but it never seemed to make a difference. Part of me blames myself and I know I shouldn't complain, but after a while it begins to suck when there's no one to really talk to in-game. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way at first? How long did it take to really make friends? I'm waiting for the day to feel like I belong again, and I've almost given up but I love this game too much to not try my absolute best first.

Hiya and welcome! I know exactly how you feel. I guess this game isn't as social as the original probably due to the lower amount of members. At least in the original you could walk down any of the public rooms and see at least of couple of players to chat to in each one. I tend to live in one of the mini-games so probably I'm at fault but yeah, it is hard to make friends, but I am sure you will make several friends now you've joined the forums! :wave:

I joined a week before Halloween, and I'll admit, it did take me a while to make friends too. Everyone is already cliquey and basically looks down upon new players. I still feel that way today, but I honestly found a smaller group of people my age that I get along with perfectly now. We met in a cute or boot and basically all got along, so we decided to host a COB one day and started texting and snapchatting and now I consider them some of my best friends!! I'm always up for making new friends, so if you ever see me around, come say hi to me! My ingame username is Hails. I love making friends and talking to everyone in this game :)

Exodus

Hey there! I'm actually a Day 1 player in-game who still to date continuously attempts to befriend others. If I don't come on for a while, and find many of my casual friends have stopped coming on as well, it'll get to the point where I'll walk into a full room and not recognize a single person (given they'd mostly all be new players or so), and it's not as if I can just walk in and mingle, so I see where you're coming from. I definitely suggest befriending people during mini-games like HM or even little stuff like falling chair and COB. I'm in general a very spontaneous and loud person in-game who has a lot to comment on about things, so when I'm surrounded by a smaller group setting, it's easier to click with people and befriend I guess. Just as real life... It does require some effort (especially since many tend to share their social media and other personal contact information for a more broader communication level). When we were kids, we probably didn't give it as much thought or bother taking a friendship outside the game most of the time and a difference of thousands of active players versus only a few hundreds as on here could be another factor in the reason why people appear less open to befriending once they've settled into a friend circle. Just give it time, you'll find your people :)

Well when I first got on I really didn't care to meet anybody.

I've just recently started actually talking to people. Usually I'll just join a random room and start spouting out nonsense and people start talking, but I'm more of a goofy person to begin with, so it might be different for you.

Try not to think too much about it, just be friendly and have fun. If you're more of a listener than a talker, you can always join a popular room and listen to a convo until you see a spot that you can jump in and talk to others. Best way to make friends is to join a game that you're good at and communicate while playing, just simple things like "nice job" "good luck" simple conversation starters.

Let me know if you wanna play sometime, I'll totally chill with you for a bit. :)

i talked to people all the time and didn't make any friends till like 5 months after i joined. most of them quit and i guess I'm not on as much either so I'm back to square 1... lol but i will be your friend! :)

I don't know what changed but earlier this year myvmk was perfect, the people were friendly and sociable.. now it seems majority of the nice people quit. .
Sorry you missed it :{

Hey everyone! So, words can't describe how it feels to have VMK back. It's like one of the only things that could return from my childhood besides some disney/nick shows returning every once in a while. I was really excited to get started and I've been on for a few months, but honestly, it's felt hard to make friends. I'm actually embarrassed to reveal who I am in-game because in a way I feel like this is ridiculous for me to feel, but I am in need of advice and to know if I was alone on this. It feels as if there's so many groups made already and it doesn't feel as friendly as how it used to be, at least. I've been kicked out of games rudely and been talked to rudely, and it just hasn't felt too welcoming. I'm around a lot, and I see a lot of the same people all the time, but it never seemed to make a difference. Part of me blames myself and I know I shouldn't complain, but after a while it begins to suck when there's no one to really talk to in-game. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way at first? How long did it take to really make friends? I'm waiting for the day to feel like I belong again, and I've almost given up but I love this game too much to not try my absolute best first.
Hey :D, I'm Spider in-game. I would love to be your friend!

The first time I've joined MyVMK was back in February because my best friend from the original VMK founded it. I founded a lot of nice people such as: Cloudyblue, Jinx, Lunasa, AstroEllie, FlamingBean, StarlessKnights, Azukari, Catastrophe, GreatSophia (Violet), jonnymayn, Lellow, MaryJane, Tara, soccergalz, and slytherin. They were all the nicest people that I met from the month of February.

There were not a lot of trolls during that time so it was like the "golden ages" to me of MyVMK. Around the time around May however (Dreams Month), a lot of trolls and rude people have flowed in..

I was attacked and bullied by a lot of people. I got stressed from all the people in the game and some points (I'll admit) I even cried and broke down..

But the nicest people on MyVMK brought me up and made me happier. I found many friendly and the most wonderful people on here.

Please do not mind the rudest people/trolls on here. That's what they do. I usually ignore them or just stand up for myself.

There are friendly people in MyVMK but you got to find them. :) Again, I would love to be your friend.

I remember you, I think. My name was ace-confetti(: does that sound familiar?

I'm not in the game a ton.. But feel free to send me a pm!! Welcome Back ~!

Status
Not open for further replies.