Bad Dates

RyanJ

I know I'm not the only one who's had em so let's talk about your WORST date ever.
Mine actually was today lol and oh man when I said it was awful... it was AWFUL. So we met off okcupid (don't judge me haha) and exchanged numbers been talking nonstop for a week so I figured we should meet up before I leave for my 9 day trip to cali. Well first of all I had to drive 45 minutes to get her and she didn't even know what she wanted to do... so I just brought us to the mall cause I thought it would a fun little casual type of date. Yeah no... when I say she was awkward as can be she was so awkward like I understand being shy cause it was the first time we were actually face to face but she barely even talked. I kept trying to initiate a conversation with her but it's like she doesn't even have a mind of her own or the intellect to even keep a conversation going. Long story short I dropped her back off at her dorm and I didn't even get a hug which is pretty weird in my opinion. So all in all I drove 45 minutes for a 2 and a half hour nightmare but at least it's over with now and can say I gave her a fair chance.

RyanJ

gg, man, gg

props 2 u because I probably would have left lol
Yeah it was bad lol I was trying to be nice thinking she'd open up after a bit but didn't happen she pretty much just followed me around stores and didn't say anything unless I said something and even then she barely said anything.

Man that's pretty bad. My worst "date" wasn't really a date on my end, but it was more of him trying to get a date from me. Years back, our school had square dancing, and once the unit was over I decided I would like to try it outside of school. As soon as I got there, 97% of the people there were significantly older than me (talking 70+). The other 3% were people around my age. I decided I'd dance with this one kid, who looked fairly normal and was welcoming to a newbie. Through the night he was friendly enough and we had a bit in common, but definitely not my type. I went back the next night because I had a good time, and we exchanged steam usernames so we could chat (as friends I was expecting). Big mistake on my end. For whatever reason, I guess talking to someone online makes it okay to say things you'd never normally say. Long of the short of it was I blocked him and have not since gone square dancing again.

RyanJ

Man that's pretty bad. My worst "date" wasn't really a date on my end, but it was more of him trying to get a date from me. Years back, our school had square dancing, and once the unit was over I decided I would like to try it outside of school. As soon as I got there, 97% of the people there were significantly older than me (talking 70+). The other 3% were people around my age. I decided I'd dance with this one kid, who looked fairly normal and was welcoming to a newbie. Through the night he was friendly enough and we had a bit in common, but definitely not my type. I went back the next night because I had a good time, and we exchanged steam usernames so we could chat (as friends I was expecting). Big mistake on my end. For whatever reason, I guess talking to someone online makes it okay to say things you'd never normally say. Long of the short of it was I blocked him and have not since gone square dancing again.
Holy poop lmao that is bad, dudes usually tend to do that sort of thing though so it's no surprise to me. Thank god for a block button hahaha.

cocobain

My worst date was also with someone I had met online. He said he wanted to take me out to eat at TGI Friday's which is about an hour and half drive from where I live. (small town) So he came to pick me up and the entire car ride told me all about his car (which, was a really nice muscle car) and bragged to me about the sound system he had put in it. He even gave me a business card to the company that had put the sound system in. I was really polite, and tried to seem interested by asking a lot of questions but I know absolutely nothing about cars. When we sat down to eat he (finally) seemed to take some interest in me, but he was really negative about everything that I said and it was really discouraging (i.e. I said I was in college for education and he said that I probably wouldn't be able to finish the degree because he knows a lot of college students that are "lazy" -.-) I should mention here that I was 18 and he was 26. He ordered a long island to drink and when it arrived at the table he pushed it towards me and said "you can sip on this if you want to take the edge off." When I ordered a pasta dish he asked me if I was "sure I should be eating starches." I think that might have been a joke because I am very petite, but still. After we finished eating he asked me if I'd like to see a movie since the TGI Friday's is in a mall that also has a movie theater attached. I honestly didn't want to, but I said yes because I couldn't think of a good excuse to say no on the spot. There was a showing for the movie that we agreed on in 30 minutes but he bought tickets to the one that was in 2 hours. ._. To kill time we walked around in some stores and he kept asking me if I saw anything that I liked. I pointed out a shirt that I liked thinking he was trying to get a sense of my style. He was like "let me get it for you." I politely refused but he kept insisting so I told him that I wasn't the kind of girl that enjoys a guy to spend a lot of money on me, that I wasn't high maintenance or anything. His response to that was "well it's not like I don't have a lot of money." After that we went to a Hallmark store and he asked me to help him pick out a gift for his mom and grandma seeing as Mother's Day was coming up. Obviously I know nothing about them so I asked him what kind of things they liked or saw around their house because Hallmark has a lot of trinkets and whatnot. He really didn't know. Everything I picked up or pointed out he shot down. After about the 10th item or so he said "you know, maybe asking you was a bad idea. it's about time for the movie, let's head over there." When we got into the theater and sat down he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he has on IG of his hand over an ice cream container of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. The caption was "two in the pink, one in the..." you know the rest. I was completely fed up. The movie finally started up and he lifted the arm rest between the two of us and was like "let's cuddle" and pulled me towards him. I am not an out-spoken person (obviously) but I couldn't take it anymore so I told him that I'd really just rather go home. He made a huge deal about it and was silent the entire car ride home. He didn't even bother getting out of the car when we got to my house. Obviously never spoke again, thank goodness.

Last edited:
My worst date was also with someone I had met online. He said he wanted to take me out to eat at TGI Friday's which is about an hour and half drive from where I live. (small town) So he came to pick me up and the entire car ride told me all about his car (which, was a really nice muscle car) and bragged to me about the sound system he had put in it. He even gave me a business card to the company that had put the sound system in. I was really polite, and tried to seem interested by asking a lot of questions but I know absolutely nothing about cars. When we sat down to eat he (finally) seemed to take some interest in me, but he was really negative about everything that I said and it was really discouraging (i.e. I said I was in college for education and he said that I probably wouldn't be able to finish the degree because he knows a lot of college students that are "lazy" -.-) I should mention here that I was 19 and he was 26. He ordered a long island to drink and when it arrived at the table he pushed it towards me and said "you can sip on this if you want to take the edge off." When I ordered a pasta dish he asked me if I was "sure I should be eating starches." I think that might have been a joke because I am very petite, but still. After we finished eating he asked me if I'd like to see a movie since the TGI Friday's is in a mall that also has a movie theater attached. I honestly didn't want to, but I said yes because I couldn't think of a good excuse to say no on the spot. There was a showing for the movie that we agreed on in 30 minutes but he bought tickets to the one that was in 2 hours. ._. To kill time we walked around in some stores and he kept asking me if I saw anything that I liked. I pointed out a shirt that I liked thinking he was trying to get a sense of my style. He was like "let me get it for you." I politely refused but he kept insisting so I told him that I wasn't the kind of girl that enjoys a guy to spend a lot of money on me, that I wasn't high maintenance or anything. His response to that was "well it's not like I don't have a lot of money." After that we went to a Hallmark store and he asked me to help him pick out a gift for his mom and grandma seeing as Mother's Day was coming up. Obviously I know nothing about them so I asked him what kind of things they liked or saw around their house because Hallmark has a lot of trinkets and whatnot. He really didn't know. Everything I picked up or pointed out he shot down. After about the 10th item or so he said "you know, maybe asking you was a bad idea. it's about time for the movie, let's head over there." When we got into the theater and sat down he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he has on IG of his hand over an ice cream container of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. The caption was "two in the pink, one in the..." you know the rest. I was completely fed up. The movie finally started up and he lifted the arm rest between the two of us and was like "let's cuddle" and pulled me towards him. I am not an out-spoken person (obviously) but I couldn't take it anymore so I told him that I'd really just rather go home. He made a huge deal about it and was silent the entire car ride home. He didn't even bother getting out of the car when we got to my house. Obviously never spoke again, thank goodness.
wow thats bad lol

My worst date was also with someone I had met online. He said he wanted to take me out to eat at TGI Friday's which is about an hour and half drive from where I live. (small town) So he came to pick me up and the entire car ride told me all about his car (which, was a really nice muscle car) and bragged to me about the sound system he had put in it. He even gave me a business card to the company that had put the sound system in. I was really polite, and tried to seem interested by asking a lot of questions but I know absolutely nothing about cars. When we sat down to eat he (finally) seemed to take some interest in me, but he was really negative about everything that I said and it was really discouraging (i.e. I said I was in college for education and he said that I probably wouldn't be able to finish the degree because he knows a lot of college students that are "lazy" -.-) I should mention here that I was 19 and he was 26. He ordered a long island to drink and when it arrived at the table he pushed it towards me and said "you can sip on this if you want to take the edge off." When I ordered a pasta dish he asked me if I was "sure I should be eating starches." I think that might have been a joke because I am very petite, but still. After we finished eating he asked me if I'd like to see a movie since the TGI Friday's is in a mall that also has a movie theater attached. I honestly didn't want to, but I said yes because I couldn't think of a good excuse to say no on the spot. There was a showing for the movie that we agreed on in 30 minutes but he bought tickets to the one that was in 2 hours. ._. To kill time we walked around in some stores and he kept asking me if I saw anything that I liked. I pointed out a shirt that I liked thinking he was trying to get a sense of my style. He was like "let me get it for you." I politely refused but he kept insisting so I told him that I wasn't the kind of girl that enjoys a guy to spend a lot of money on me, that I wasn't high maintenance or anything. His response to that was "well it's not like I don't have a lot of money." After that we went to a Hallmark store and he asked me to help him pick out a gift for his mom and grandma seeing as Mother's Day was coming up. Obviously I know nothing about them so I asked him what kind of things they liked or saw around their house because Hallmark has a lot of trinkets and whatnot. He really didn't know. Everything I picked up or pointed out he shot down. After about the 10th item or so he said "you know, maybe asking you was a bad idea. it's about time for the movie, let's head over there." When we got into the theater and sat down he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he has on IG of his hand over an ice cream container of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. The caption was "two in the pink, one in the..." you know the rest. I was completely fed up. The movie finally started up and he lifted the arm rest between the two of us and was like "let's cuddle" and pulled me towards him. I am not an out-spoken person (obviously) but I couldn't take it anymore so I told him that I'd really just rather go home. He made a huge deal about it and was silent the entire car ride home. He didn't even bother getting out of the car when we got to my house. Obviously never spoke again, thank goodness.
OMG bless u. That sounds horrible lol.

RyanJ

My worst date was also with someone I had met online. He said he wanted to take me out to eat at TGI Friday's which is about an hour and half drive from where I live. (small town) So he came to pick me up and the entire car ride told me all about his car (which, was a really nice muscle car) and bragged to me about the sound system he had put in it. He even gave me a business card to the company that had put the sound system in. I was really polite, and tried to seem interested by asking a lot of questions but I know absolutely nothing about cars. When we sat down to eat he (finally) seemed to take some interest in me, but he was really negative about everything that I said and it was really discouraging (i.e. I said I was in college for education and he said that I probably wouldn't be able to finish the degree because he knows a lot of college students that are "lazy" -.-) I should mention here that I was 18 and he was 26. He ordered a long island to drink and when it arrived at the table he pushed it towards me and said "you can sip on this if you want to take the edge off." When I ordered a pasta dish he asked me if I was "sure I should be eating starches." I think that might have been a joke because I am very petite, but still. After we finished eating he asked me if I'd like to see a movie since the TGI Friday's is in a mall that also has a movie theater attached. I honestly didn't want to, but I said yes because I couldn't think of a good excuse to say no on the spot. There was a showing for the movie that we agreed on in 30 minutes but he bought tickets to the one that was in 2 hours. ._. To kill time we walked around in some stores and he kept asking me if I saw anything that I liked. I pointed out a shirt that I liked thinking he was trying to get a sense of my style. He was like "let me get it for you." I politely refused but he kept insisting so I told him that I wasn't the kind of girl that enjoys a guy to spend a lot of money on me, that I wasn't high maintenance or anything. His response to that was "well it's not like I don't have a lot of money." After that we went to a Hallmark store and he asked me to help him pick out a gift for his mom and grandma seeing as Mother's Day was coming up. Obviously I know nothing about them so I asked him what kind of things they liked or saw around their house because Hallmark has a lot of trinkets and whatnot. He really didn't know. Everything I picked up or pointed out he shot down. After about the 10th item or so he said "you know, maybe asking you was a bad idea. it's about time for the movie, let's head over there." When we got into the theater and sat down he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he has on IG of his hand over an ice cream container of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. The caption was "two in the pink, one in the..." you know the rest. I was completely fed up. The movie finally started up and he lifted the arm rest between the two of us and was like "let's cuddle" and pulled me towards him. I am not an out-spoken person (obviously) but I couldn't take it anymore so I told him that I'd really just rather go home. He made a huge deal about it and was silent the entire car ride home. He didn't even bother getting out of the car when we got to my house. Obviously never spoke again, thank goodness.
Oh my god I don't know how you even managed to finish that date I woulda left halfway through and been like sorry my goldfish died haha.

supernovagirl

This guy took me out to dinner and he would talk to like every girl he knew (we went downtown on a Friday night so it was busy) and he kept texting like 3 girls while we were EATING DINNER.
Yeah I haven't spoken to him in a year.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
My first date ever was in eighth grade. His parents picked me up (because he couldn't drive yet) and dropped us off at the movie theater. We saw Inception and I remember he kept trying to ask me if I understood it so I had to whisper the entire plot up until that point to prove I was smart enough to get it. So the date was so-so, in common awkward middle school fashion. What was BAD about it was when he dropped me off. My dad had hung a portait of me as a baby behind our glass door with a fluffy pink dress and bald head. It was so embarrassing. But it makes for a funny story now.

My worst date was when this guy asked me out for coffee. He's a really tiny guy, super nerdy, and totally not my type. However, he kept pulling that I'm a nice guy ******** and I felt bad if I rejected him after that (note to all ladies: if he says he is a nice guy he is in fact NOT a nice guy). We were supposed to meet at 3 pm and I got there at around 3:05 because I didn't want to show up too early. Well long story short, it was 3:30 and he still hadn't shown, so I bought my own coffee and was leaving when I ran in to him walking out the door. He convinced me to stay, and we walked to a park where he spent two hours talking about what a great person he is and why he doesn't understand why women don't like him. Then he started trash talking his ex girlfriend and how he couldn't believe she broke up with him. Little did he know that his ex has been my friend since the third grade. So I had some strong words for him.

After that date I told him I didn't think we were compatible, so he pestered me with nasty texts on how I was shallow and vain for not giving him a second chance. Blergh, I hate entitled guys.

cocobain

My first date ever was in eighth grade. His parents picked me up (because he couldn't drive yet) and dropped us off at the movie theater. We saw Inception and I remember he kept trying to ask me if I understood it so I had to whisper the entire plot up until that point to prove I was smart enough to get it. So the date was so-so, in common awkward middle school fashion. What was BAD about it was when he dropped me off. My dad had hung a portait of me as a baby behind our glass door with a fluffy pink dress and bald head. It was so embarrassing. But it makes for a funny story now.

My worst date was when this guy asked me out for coffee. He's a really tiny guy, super nerdy, and totally not my type. However, he kept pulling that I'm a nice guy ******** and I felt bad if I rejected him after that (note to all ladies: if he says he is a nice guy he is in fact NOT a nice guy). We were supposed to meet at 3 pm and I got there at around 3:05 because I didn't want to show up too early. Well long story short, it was 3:30 and he still hadn't shown, so I bought my own coffee and was leaving when I ran in to him walking out the door. He convinced me to stay, and we walked to a park where he spent two hours talking about what a great person he is and why he doesn't understand why women don't like him. Then he started trash talking his ex girlfriend and how he couldn't believe she broke up with him. Little did he know that his ex has been my friend since the third grade. So I had some strong words for him.

After that date I told him I didn't think we were compatible, so he pestered me with nasty texts on how I was shallow and vain for not giving him a second chance. Blergh, I hate entitled guys.
SO TRUE about guys who say they are a nice guy, "mmm I don't think so" lol

cocobain

I disagree to an extent most dudes who claim they are nice usually aren't but I consider myself a really nice person as long as you don't take my sarcasm too seriously lol.
It's just that normally if a guy makes it a point to tell you he is a "nice guy" there's a reason and I'd say that it's about 98% of the time because if he didn't he thinks you might assume he's not by his actions. A true nice guy doesn't need to say it. His actions show it.

RyanJ

It's just that normally if a guy makes it a point to tell you he is a "nice guy" there's a reason and I'd say that it's about 98% of the time because if he didn't he thinks you might assume he's not by his actions. A true nice guy doesn't need to say it. His actions show it.
Very good point never thought of it like that.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
Very good point never thought of it like that.
"People with nothing to hide don't usually feel the need to say so." - Michonne from The Walking Dead

In all seriousness, I have never met a guy who told me he was a nice guy and hasn't ended up being a complete entitled jerk. Are there men who are nice? Yes. But nice guys are just guys who feel like because they treat a women basic human decency they deserve something out of it. So yes, men can be nice, but nice guys are the worst.

My worst date ever was going to Caz Pizza with my now ex-boyfriend. He bought something and lied to the manager. He made me pay for himself. Then, he threatened to beat me up when I told him I am breaking up for him. Then, we went to the State Fair and he told me that I am ugly. I broke up with him after that and then we got back together. I told him that my parents don't want me dating him and neither do I. Then, he posted a status about us being back together on Facebook, so I had to date him. I totally think he is a bad word I can't say. I also broke up with him another time, because I heard his mother's friend tell me that he is only interested in girls that ride horses. He also kissed another girl in front of me on my college campus. He went to the same college as me and threatened to beat me up dozens of times. I reported him to the police when he threatened to beat me up in our town grocery store and to the college Campus Safety. I told them that I want to press charges on him and he was charged. Eventually, he went to jail. I honestly never liked him.