Bad Hair Drama?

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
Has there ever been a time when you've gotten your hair done, either cut or dyed, and it turned out pretty bad?
Share your story here! (:

I've had a few bad hair times. Once, when I was younger, a guy cut my hair & he cut it really really short. I cried and told myself
I'd never cut my hair again. It grew really thick and long...but then when I turned 14, I decided I hated it and got it short again.
Its never been the same again ): leh sigh.

My friend also once dyed my hair orange when it was suppose to be blonde. I was sooo mad.

Emelon

Right before 5th grade I was spending the summer with my gramma and she convinced me that getting a cute, styled hair cut would be a really great experience for me. So we looked through magazines and online for about a week, searching for the haircut that I liked the most. We went into the salon with the picture and the lady completely botched the haircut. I wanted it cut shoulder length, and she cut it to my ears. My gramma went out and bought me hair styling gel to try and make it look cute but I was so devastated. I remember taking a shower and going to wring out my long hair and I had nothing to grab onto.

That was so traumatizing ugh

The good news is it grew in super thick and amazing until I cut it and dyed it freshman year. Now it's just normal thickness :(

Mossie

Forest Faery and Occasional Pirate
When I was little, I wanted my hair cut a little shorter than it was, but not much. Just to my shoulders. And she cut it above my ears. I had to pretend that I liked it but as soon as I walked out, I put my hood up and cried the way home. It was terrrrrible, like an extra short bowl cut. I cut my hair myself now lol

In like fourth grade I got my bangs cut across my head and it bugged me that is was uneven so I cut them and had to have my mom cut them off because I ruined them so badly ._.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
In 8th grade, I had really long healthy wavy hair (my natural color is brunette with a tint of auburn) and i had this image in my head of cutting it really short and dyeing it black, so I had it razored really short and needless to say i looked terrible, my friends disagree but they are just being nice..lets be honest, my baby face with short hair was A MESS, thank god my mom never let me dye it either, phew... but yeah I looked really bad for a good 2 1/2 years, now its medium length

Stargazing

One time when I was 7 I decided it was a good idea to cut my little sister's bangs. It looked horrendous. We walked downstairs and I said "Hey mom, notice anything different?"

Needless to say I was in trouble :P

Emelon

My hair was down to my butt. I went to get it trimmed and the lady cut off 14 INCHES! i donated it
That's horrible!!

My aunt has gorgeous wavy blonde hair and she used to grow her hair out really long, past her butt. One time she went in to get it trimmed and the people in the salon loved her hair so much that they cut it all off and stole it so they could sell it.

not me but my friend..i felt so sorry for her. she wanted an ombre and her hair is naturally really dark. so- she went to the salon and showed the lady a picture of what she wanted. she ended up paying like 150 for that job which turned out HORRIBLY. like it was straight dark to like an orange color. so she went back and got a refund and went somewhere else and so her hair never got fixed and spent like 250 on it all. i felt soo bad! D:

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
You're about to read the most horrific hair experience that can ever happen:

Last year, I had hair flowing down to my low back, almost to my butt. Albeit it was heading towards split ends that I was working on saving with treatments to avoid chopping it off, yet that didn't pan out in the end.

I'm 5'4''. So for me my hair was pretty long. I went to the salon to get the ends trimmed a touch hoping it would make it grow more and alleviate some of the impending splitting. My luck with salon's has never been good, so once again I struck out in the luck department and got someone fresh out of Beauty School who was barely listening to what I was saying to her. I tell her to trim the ends only slightly and not to touch my bangs. What's the first thing she does when she goes to cut? Cuts the beginning of a bob. She chopped off nearly 12'' of hair in one snip. There's no going back from that, so she had to do the rest. Then she proceeded to try to sell me on the fact that she had to chop up my fringe to blend it with the rest of the bob I didn't even want, and messed that up too. Then she expected me to pay 25.00$ for her service. When I argued with her for not listening to what I asked for, she told the owner of the Salon and her manager that it was in her professional opinion that my hair was too damaged to save and felt it was necessary to cut it off without my permission. At the end of that debate, they backed up her decision and I was forced to pay the full bill.

Needless to say I will never go back to that salon again, she didn't get a dime from me for a tip, and any references she was hoping to get from me went down the toilet (which evidently her listening skills... and the rest of her skills went not long before our encounter).

It's almost a year later and I'm still working to get my hair to grow past my collar bone.

Refreska

I gave myself brassy blonde highlights once….had them for three days :P It looked like someone took the bleach and drew lines down my hair while it was still black... thank god it turned out to be a nice honey color after I dyed it over with light brown.

Went to great clips in middle school. i had this older lady cutting my hair i told her not to cut my bangs at all.. she cut them in a straight across style.took months to come back -.- needless to say i never went back to great clips and only go to salons now lol.

In like 4th grade I got my hair cut into a bob and it was the worst style. I hated it so much and it's the reason why my hair is really long now. I refuse to cut it short again. My hair has so many split ends now, but I am genuinely scared of going to get it cut :/

Agreed. My hair is so long now but i cant let someone cut it it freaks me out lol. ive never had a short hairstyle look good on me lol

mark

10 mins late to everything
i asked for a specific hair cut, very specific haircut... he gave me a shape up... it was no where near that... stereotypes can be true sometimes -___-

Let someone put what I thought would be a small blonde (read: bleached) streak in my very dark brown hair. I ended up having the Chargers logo in my bangs for about 3 days.

got my hair cut like boy style skater/surfer hair in 6th grade, everyone thought i was a boy the rest of that year and into 7th grade. It was so awkward.

Haven't really had too much bad luck. I've had my hair cut short and it was uneven, so I had to go get it fixed.

When I was younger, my dad used to cut my hair. He always cut my bangs really short and it looked terrible. I never let him cut my hair again. :p