Best Guest Room Changes

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
The homepage has been updated and above the BGR it mentions some new changes~
"As of September 2014 we will no longer be accepting room entries emailed to us. MyVMK Staff Judges will now be visiting rooms on the Popular Guest Rooms List and looking for the best rooms. Invite some friends to your room and get recognized!"

I'm really open to trying this out for September but I'm also a little concerned and hoping maybe staff (@Snow ) can elaborate a bit more on this. :pig:
Here are some questions/thoughts/concerns that came up:

• Does this mean that if a trade room is a top room, it would win BGR?
  • Wouldn't this mean someone talented at making rooms would lose out on a chance to win because their room didn't get enough people in it?
  • I was thinking about making a BGR but I don't really go on that much, or for very long, so it would be difficult to get people to my rooms for a long period of time (especially if I won't stay long). I liked the screenshot way of doing this, so that judges would see your room and you wouldn't worry about having them in the actual room.
  • People usually head over to the most popular trade room or their friend's rooms and people who get on after follow their friends to that room, so I feel like it'd be hard to really gain attention because most people who are in guest rooms stick to one or two rooms on the list.
  • Just a thought, but I feel like people would bring in clones to sit in the room to bring it to the popular rooms list, but I dunno why someone would stay in a room if nobody's talking.
I dunno why it changed but I'm still interested in seeing how it plays out! I love this month's theme because it allows for a lot of creativity.
And as always, thank you to the staff for making this a great experience and for so many great changes recently :cloud9:

dizyyoyo

I was disappointed when I saw this because now not only do I have to build an amazing room that stands out compared all the other amazing rooms submitted (Hard enough as it is) Now I have to be Popular too!? Yeesh, I don't have time to sit in my room all day and hope that an invisible host will see my room. At least when I email it I know they will see it...

We decided that this would be a better change. No, trade rooms will not be considered. However, we are hoping this would mean that players would get together to make sure a room that deserves BGR, should get it. A best guest room, not only in my eyes but those of our hosts, believe it to be something that should be worked for. Anyone can make a room but getting the kingdom to be in support of it.. is a bit more of a challenge. We know it is going to be a challenge but we want to try something different. Getting a picture of the guest room and actually experiencing it, are completely different. It is a trial run so don't fret! We hope this is something we can use to bring players together :)

-Snow

Thorn

Make it Green
We decided that this would be a better change. No, trade rooms will not be considered. However, we are hoping this would mean that players would get together to make sure a room that deserves BGR, should get it. A best guest room, not only in my eyes but those of our hosts, believe it to be something that should be worked for. Anyone can make a room but getting the kingdom to be in support of it.. is a bit more of a challenge. We know it is going to be a challenge but we want to try something different. Getting a picture of the guest room and actually experiencing it, are completely different. It is a trial run so don't fret! We hope this is something we can use to bring players together :)

-Snow
Unfortunately, sometimes amazing rooms [cough cough] are not visited because they cause lag...
This new rule basically says "limit your building so people on Dell, Windows 2000 can visit it!"
No like.

dizyyoyo

I am willing to give this a trial run, but it does seem a lot harder now. Also, Snow said "A best guest room, not only in my eyes but those of our hosts, believe it to be something that should be worked for." So is spending hours playing mini games, and trading to get the items I need to build the room, and then spending even more time building the room is not working for it?

Thorn

Make it Green
I am willing to give this a trial run, but it does seem a lot harder now. Also, Snow said "A best guest room, not only in my eyes but those of our hosts, believe it to be something that should be worked for." So is spending hours playing mini games, and trading to get the items I need to build the room, and then spending even more time building the room is not working for it?
I entered a room for BGR [it's posted on here- port tortuga something something], and it took me 2 months and every item I owned to make. I played minigames to do sprees for the rare items, over 300,000 credits later no BGR award and hardly anyone visited it because firewalls caused lag. It was open for 2 months and got maybe 50 visitors total. Atmost it had 20 people in it one day.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
In VMK not all rooms that won were on the most popular guest list. No did they always see a staff. Many would say they never saw a staff. So I am not sure how they picked them. I do understand what is being tried here. However I think both could work towards a winner. I think sending in a picture and narrowing them down to say top 10 and watching to see who gets lots of visits helps. However, for the players in the UK, Australia this gets to be challenging. As with most students going back to school there will be less players on during the time they are.

There is no harm in trying it. However, I think if someone at least posts on the forums or Myvmk facebook page the staff should go take a look at least. I think it needs to be stated that just because you have the most popular room does not mean some one that only has 6 people in at a one time could not win either. As for the late nighters there are very few on during this time. Maybe they keep there room open longer and gets small bunches over time vs a large group one day. If this is indeed the case. I just know if some one wins that was not the most popular there is going to be issues with some players that like to complain.

I do see that this is to encourage socialization. Most builders build rooms to have others see it and enjoy it. There should be lots of people seeing it at least. I do agree with that criteria. :)