Bring back the shells....and other suggestions

Maltoo

Today is the only day some players have to earn credits and with Fireworks down there is no way to do this. Although I would like to see the shells in the game until more mini games are released and I do not think that 25 credits per shell is unfair. Having them back in the game today would be awesome so us players who would like to earn credits today could.

Also up the NPC credits until more mini games are released.

Thank you MyVMK staff for bringing the game back and all the time and blood, sweat and tears you are putting into the game, even when we as players complain we really do appreciate all you are doing even if sometimes it comes out the wrong way. :)

DGam'r

No, the shells are a fun, annoying game to play and also it caused terrible lag for most people. Fireworks is only down temporarily and why up the NPC credits really?

Maltoo

No, the shells are a fun, annoying game to play and also it caused terrible lag for most people. Fireworks is only down temporarily and why up the NPC credits really?
Yes, because not all players are of the same skill level or even enjoy playing fireworks(when they are up), so until other Mini games are released then the NPC's are the only way to earn credits. And after all credits are the currency in the game and are needed to purchase items.

Also adding the shells back to the game today gives players a way to earn credits on the one day a lot of people have time to play since during the week they have other obligations and since FW is temp down

Yes, because not all players are of the same skill level or even enjoy playing fireworks(when they are up), so until other Mini games are released then the NPC's are the only way to earn credits. And after all credits are the currency in the game and are needed to purchase items.

Also adding the shells back to the game today when a lot of players have time to play gives them a way to earn credits on the one day a lot of people have time to play since during the week they have other obligations and since FW is temp down
Skill level is part of how things work. Your skill and amount you earn should be correlated.

Maltoo

Skill level is part of how things work. Your skill and amount you earn should be correlated.
there are all age groups playing and while yes, I agree with you that skill and amount you earn are relevant but with only one way to earn right now, not really a fair way to access skill or VMK prowess.

I suppose. I mean, shells don't work as a solution, unless they get nerfed hard (10 credits or lower per shell). Too effective for those they are effective for, and too difficult to get anything from if you have internet issues. Fireworks really isn't that hard though. I'm not that good at it, and I can hold my own.

S

Spivey

Some people are colorblind, some people have laptops and not a USB mouse, and some people just hate the game all together.

I'm all here for fireworks, I think it's a great game, but the reason VMK had 4 (5?) games was because it gave a variety to people who couldn't play some games. Just having one game at the moment keeps some people rich and some poor. I mean people are already evidently exploiting the glitches in the game to get way too many credits and not sharing how.

With the 750 NPC credits, it at least gave us something we could rely on. In 2 days we could earn a 2,000 credit hat, which I believe is fair since you can earn that in about 3 games of Fireworks depending of how good you are. With the shell game, you could earn about 2k in 20 minutes.

We need something like NPC credits or the shell game to cater to those who just can't play fireworks like it's meant to be played.

Sterek

Overly Obsessive Fan
some people are colorblind, some people have laptops and not a usb mouse, and some people just hate the game all together.

I'm all here for fireworks, i think it's a great game, but the reason vmk had 4 (5?) games was because it gave a variety to people who couldn't play some games. Just having one game at the moment keeps some people rich and some poor. I mean people are already evidently exploiting the glitches in the game to get way too many credits and not sharing how.

With the 750 npc credits, it at least gave us something we could rely on. In 2 days we could earn a 2,000 credit hat, which i believe is fair since you can earn that in about 3 games of fireworks depending of how good you are. With the shell game, you could earn about 2k in 20 minutes.

We need something like npc credits or the shell game to cater to those who just can't play fireworks like it's meant to be played.
amen

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
I love Fireworks, and I don't mind working for my credits by playing the game for awhile until I master it better. I understand not everyone likes the game, but it's just a milestone to how far we're going to go. This is only the beginning, and we must not fret about the little things! (:

I do agree with the fact that NPCs shouldn't have been lowered, though. As I mentioned on another thread, I don't even remember VMK's NPCs giving only 50 credits at any time (and there were at least 5!). The shell game is fine for those who prefer it, but it should only be played in -- like someone above mentioned -- in a few rooms, not everywhere.

Some people are colorblind, some people have laptops and not a USB mouse, and some people just hate the game all together.

I'm all here for fireworks, I think it's a great game, but the reason VMK had 4 (5?) games was because it gave a variety to people who couldn't play some games. Just having one game at the moment keeps some people rich and some poor. I mean people are already evidently exploiting the glitches in the game to get way too many credits and not sharing how.

With the 750 NPC credits, it at least gave us something we could rely on. In 2 days we could earn a 2,000 credit hat, which I believe is fair since you can earn that in about 3 games of Fireworks depending of how good you are. With the shell game, you could earn about 2k in 20 minutes.

We need something like NPC credits or the shell game to cater to those who just can't play fireworks like it's meant to be played.
Colorblindness merits a solution. That's genuinely not correlated with the results of your own decisions. Don't have a mouse? Tough. A laptops portability comes with trade offs. You don't like those trade offs? Spend 10 bucks on a cheap mouse, or 60 on a gaming mouse. Your issue is far easier solved on your end than making NPCs brokenly good. You can go play VMK at McDonalds and I can't. Would I like to? Yea. It's my choice to get a desktop though, I'll live with the consequences of not being able to play at college or at restruants. Don't like Fireworks? Neither do I. I like PotC better. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna take the opportunity to get good at Fireworks. 5 games? At best we had 3 real credit games. Fireworks for people who wanted credits, Pirates for some fun and HM for whoever the heck played that. Jungle Cruise and Music Mix never gave good credits.

750 credits a day for no effort on your behalf? I mean, come on. No one deserves 750 credits solely for logging on. That's just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Fireworks, and I don't mind working for my credits by playing the game for awhile until I master it better. I understand not everyone likes the game, but it's just a milestone to how far we're going to go. This is only the beginning, and we must not fret about the little things! (:

I do agree with the fact that NPCs shouldn't have been lowered, though. As I mentioned on another thread, I don't even remember VMK's NPCs giving only 50 credits at any time (and there were at least 5!). The shell game is fine for those who prefer it, but it should only be played in -- like someone above mentioned -- in a few rooms, not everywhere.
VMK NPCs gave 100 credits and a pin for the first visit, and 25 or 50 for subsequent visits. They never ever gave more than 100 credits for later visits though. That I'm sure of.

Maltoo

exactly! :thumbsup:

Jedi-

you really can not compare the fully released VMK to the limited released MyVMK.

S

Spivey

Colorblindness merits a solution. That's genuinely not correlated with the results of your own decisions. Don't have a mouse? Tough. A laptops portability comes with trade offs. You don't like those trade offs? Spend 10 bucks on a cheap mouse, or 60 on a gaming mouse. Your issue is far easier solved on your end than making NPCs brokenly good. You can go play VMK at McDonalds and I can't. Would I like to? Yea. It's my choice to get a desktop though, I'll live with the consequences of not being able to play at college or at restruants. Don't like Fireworks? Neither do I. I like PotC better. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna take the opportunity to get good at Fireworks. 5 games? At best we had 3 real credit games. Fireworks for people who wanted credits, Pirates for some fun and HM for whoever the heck played that. Jungle Cruise and Music Mix never gave good credits.

750 credits a day for no effort on your behalf? I mean, come on. No one deserves 750 credits solely for logging on. That's just ridiculous.
What does the fact I can use the internet at McDonalds have to do with any of this?

I didn't say I didn't have a USB mouse, so don't try to gripe at me because I won't buy one.
I'm not saying this on my behalf, I'm saying this on the behalf of others.

What does the fact I can use the internet at McDonalds have to do with any of this?

I didn't say I didn't have a USB mouse, so don't try to gripe at me because I won't buy one.
I'm not saying this on my behalf, I'm saying this on the behalf of others.
I was comparing the pros/cons of laptops and desktops. It's a choice to get a laptop, and one with easily remedied problems. Not very applicable as a reason to go back to the awfulness of NPCs + Shells, as the solution to that problem is best solved on the local, personal level, rather than with a system that effects everyone.

S

Spivey

I was comparing the pros/cons of laptops and desktops. It's a choice to get a laptop, and one with easily remedied problems. Not very applicable as a reason to go back to the awfulness of NPCs + Shells.
Sorry can't talk right now I'm driving to McDonalds to use my laptop.

Mason

VMK NPCs only gave 40 credits for the first visit and 20 credits for daily visits. Everyone should appreciate getting 50 credits from them now.

Maltoo

- - - Updated - - -

VMK NPCs gave 100 credits and a pin for the first visit, and 25 or 50 for subsequent visits. They never ever gave more than 100 credits for later visits though. That I'm sure of.
I am going to beg to differ with your recollection of jungle cruise, I did indeed make great credits on that game, if you remember or maybe you do not, but if you got the high score of the day you got a rather large bonus. Where someone plays and with what kind of mouse or no mouse has nothing to do with earning options available in MyVMK at the moment.

Here is a link to my old players guide, maybe reading it will refresh your memory:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=845021

-Mal

I am going to beg to differ with your recollection of jungle cruise, I did indeed make great credits on that game, if you remember or maybe you do not, but if you got the high score of the day you got a rather large bonus. Where someone plays and with what kind of mouse or no mouse has nothing to do with earning options available in MyVMK at the moment.

Here is a link to my old players guide, maybe reading it will refresh your memory:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=845021

-Mal
I'm familiar with the relatively niche aspect of JC that got you those credits. I didn't mention that because high scores generally won't be achieved by the crowd already having trouble with Fireworks. I figured someone would bring it up though Heavily nerfed shells should be nice if you got your credit by repeatedly crashing in JC though.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I suppose. I mean, shells don't work as a solution, unless they get nerfed hard (10 credits or lower per shell). Too effective for those they are effective for, and too difficult to get anything from if you have internet issues. Fireworks really isn't that hard though. I'm not that good at it, and I can hold my own.
Fireworks can by hard for many many people. Those with slow internet, bad computers, physical disabilities. Etc. If you looked at the whole of the games on VMK there was usually one that people could play to compensate for many of these problems. No amount of practice will help players with disabilities. At least in pirates you could at least be on a team and play bad so there was some fun. Mansion was more mouse sliding than clicking thus helping the players with hand issues and eye issues.

I know I was low average on fireworks 5 years ago. But now with my MS I have no hope of even getting close to that. I knew this when fireworks was announced that I could not play as well. For players saying it is easy and I know there are many try playing fireworks with your weak hand. Or put on a pair of sunglasses and lower the screen resolution. Or put your finger in a splint that might tell you how reflexes work for many who have difficulty. Then you may understand it can be really hard :) I want all to enjoy the game :) I am not complaining because I lack credits. I can play all day if I want unlike most of the players.

Lettie

You guys don't have time for fireworks, but you have time to hog shell rooms ALL day? Because that makes a lot of sense.

Most of you don't want fireworks, because it actually takes skill. Whereas for shells, you just have to hog a shell room and click.