Bugs Found

nikkivarts

Hi, I've put together a list of bugs I've found on the alpha client. Hopefully this helps with the development! Looks great so far :)

- You can't edit your signature

- Darker skin tones show up as 'cracked', looks like an imaging problem where the white needs to be removed.

- Credits do not update properly when you gain / lose credits. The credits I actually have do not match what is shown in game.

- Characters don't blink.

- The "Next" button for the Settings menu doesn't do anything. Either the "Next" button should say "Done" and exit the settings or click to the next page.

- In all of the Notice popups, the "Notice" title is not lined up correctly in the title bar.

- Clicking on other users doesn't bring up their info (pins, sig). This happens when they are blocked and when they are not blocked.

-There is a 1x circle that pops up on the shopping menu and doesn't go away.

- The Shopping menu has an option to buy multiples of items. Currently, it starts at 1 and increases by 10 (so 11, 21, 31). It would be great if it could increase by 1 only, or if it is meant to increase by 10, have it jump to 10, 20, 30, etc.

- Waving doesn't work properly (pic included)

- Can can and tap dance aren't working.

- Outfit option doesn't work in the Character popup.

- The emoji / action popup arrows act a bit strange. If a user is on page 1, clicking the back arrow shouldn't do anything, but it leads them to page 2. Not sure if this was intentional or not, from a user standpoint, it was confusing at first!

- The 'x' and '>' '<' buttons have a white border around them that should be cropped.

- If a user is in the Help popup menu, clicking Cancel should close the menu, but currently, it doesn't do anything.

- 'X' option on the bottom right corner on the toolbar currently makes the game full screen. Shouldn't it give you an option to log out?

- When in the map, the '?' round button in the upper right hand corner doesn't do anything.

- Haunted Mansion start game menu is cut off on the right side.

- In the Haunted Mansion game, the 'Exit' and 'Keys' button doesn't work.

- Haunted Mansion game was able to start with one player.

- On the initial start up of the alpha client, the font on the bottom of the page doesn't load properly.

- You cannot click on NPC's for credits.

- Cash registers in stores don't bring up Shopping menu.

- When in furnishing mode in rooms, the alpha makes you place multiples of items all at once, even if you don't want to.

- Clicking on an item makes it disappear, no option to move, configure, change status, or rotate it.

- When searching for a guest room in the Guest Room menu, when I type something into the search bar, then later highlight it to type over it, the text doesn't disappear. Instead, it prepends the new text to the beginning of the search bar. EDIT: this applies to all text input boxes

- In advanced mode, changing to a different room (i.e. "East") doesn't update the Instance in the "i" button on the bottom right, it always says the Instance is North.

- The question mark button in the "i" popup on the toolbar doesn't do anything.

- There shouldn't be "Sell" button while clicking on Guest Rooms. Also, "Sell" button currently does not allow you to sell your own room.

- If you delete a friend, they don't disappear off the bottom of the of the friends tab (i.e. I deleted Goodbye_Friend but their info still appears at the bottom of the friends tab as if I am still clicking on them in my friends list). This allows me to still attempt to message a deleted user.

- Sending a message to a deleted friend prompts two notices to pop up - an alert saying they are not on your friends list, and one saying the message was sent. Not sure if it's actually sending a blank message or not based on prompts. Can probably be fixed with the issue above ^.

- Cancel button in messages doesn't work.

- End trade button is gone (not bug, more of a usability issue)

- Chat in trade needs fixing. First trade with ANYONE in game is fine, but additional trades after this require user to click the "^" arrow / button on the chat scroll bar to view the start of trade messages. This continues for additional trades after.

- Character info popup (name, sig, pins) does not disappear when user leaves room.

- Pirates game switch team arrows overlap.

- Pirates Game buttons Instructions, Hall of Fame, and the 'X' and '?' button in the new game popup do not work.

- "Give/Take Control" option when clicking on other players when a player is in a public room or room the user does not own.

- New game popup for Pirates game blurb ("Choose your ship, and give other players time to choose theirs....") is cut off.

- No exit button in Pirates game

- When a team picks up a flag in Pirates for Capture the Flag, the image of the flag in the water doesn't disappear.

- If you had something in your chat bar in the Pirates lobby, enter a game and press enter, it posts that message.

- Won't start typing in Pirates game chat unless you click the pirates input text box. What you type will be in the main game input text instead of Pirates.

- If there was chat in the Pirates lobby, this chat doesn't disappear when a Pirates game starts.

- You cannot boot players from joining game.

- Waterslide rides have characters standing up, haven't tested the other rides yet to confirm if this happens on them as well.

In no way am I trying to insult the new client. I am a developer myself and just giving honest feedback to help the game, as I know bugs can be tricky and tedious to find. I appreciate all the hard work that was put into the new client, again, it looks great! :)

Last edited:

Shimmer

some magics also don't work, friends list is no longer alphabetical, after completing one trade going into the next one right away it said i accepted the trade even though nothing was added and the other person's said credits had been added and had to remove them

I'm on a macbook pro with the latest OS... not sure if that means anything, lol. BUT I can't see myself, anybody, or any chat boxes (except from NPCs). I can move from room to room with ease, but the shops won't load (spin-ny squares for days). It's all the rooms with loaded furniture, but no people or chats :(

I'm on a macbook pro with the latest OS... not sure if that means anything, lol. BUT I can't see myself, anybody, or any chat boxes (except from NPCs). I can move from room to room with ease, but the shops won't load (spin-ny squares for days). It's all the rooms with loaded furniture, but no people or chats :(
That happened with me when I used myvmk launcher on my mac. When I use the new client link from the homepage, I can see myself again. It's looking like since the new client came out, at least the mac client you download isn't working at all

Crazydancer

I CAN'T PLAY AT ALL! I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm not able to load any of the rooms thru alpha! I'm on an old macbook (Mac OS X 10.6.8) on Google Chrome.. I've also tried logging on thru the myvmk client I had previously downloaded on my mac, and now that the alpha version is out, I can't log into the client! Or rather, I can log on and enter rooms, but none of the characters load (including myself). I've attached a screenshot of the alpha version trying to load a room. Please help!!!

Attachments

Rikudo

I CAN'T PLAY AT ALL! I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm not able to load any of the rooms thru alpha! I'm on an old macbook (Mac OS X 10.6.8) on Google Chrome.. I've also tried logging on thru the myvmk client I had previously downloaded on my mac, and now that the alpha version is out, I can't log into the client! Or rather, I can log on and enter rooms, but none of the characters load (including myself). I've attached a screenshot of the alpha version trying to load a room. Please help!!!
you can also play the alpha version on ur phone if ud like btw lol . its still alot of problems with people and mac’s atm i was having this same problem with my mac so at the moment ive just been playing on my phone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk