Castle Fireworks Remixed Level Quirks (Pre-2023 Game Update)

Alakazandra

Ambassador of Hope
Hi guys! So, some of the Fireworks all-stars have put out a bunch of awesome videos and written guides to help with upping those scores. These are great resources for those looking to get better at this game, and I encourage you to check them out! (I might link them in the replies if people would like).

I was going to wait to compile more on this list, but with the challenge quest two days away as of this post, thought it might be good to go ahead and put it out there. Beyond the general tips of going for combos and keeping your flawless score, some of these levels just get…weird. Each one has a different feature, and it takes a while to pick them up. So, I decided to put together a list of quirks I’ve found each level to have so you can anticipate more the next time you play!

Before I get into this, just to clarify, I am by no means one of the aforementioned all-stars, and I’m still learning and practicing too! This information is not the end-all of fireworks, and you may find that your games deviate from this guide. This is just what I’ve found personally and what helps me strategize a bit to hit those 9k games. For reference, I play with arrow keys and a touch screen, so your mileage may vary.

I hope something in here is helpful to you!

Why should you aim for combos so much? Once you have your flawless multiplier at 3.0, the point per firework (PPF) is 24 (I believe this is for all rounds, someone will likely correct me if I’m wrong on that). This means that even in the first round, the combo score is higher (30) than the PPF. While it’s only a 6 point difference in the first round, 6 points now is 6 points you don’t have to hit later in the game.

Never. Use. Explode. All. Only use if ALL the fireworks on screen are the same and you are 100% certain another will not be added (I use this occasionally in round 3 and round 5 in certain sequences where all Pink fireworks are shot and I know the pattern won't shoot more if I’m feeling too lazy to tap them).

Round 1 is pretty straightforward. You can get a good score just by hitting every firework as flawless. If you want to up that score some, you can skip a firework here and there for a combo (remember those 6 extra points?). However, don’t skip more than 1 firework in this whole stage. 2 missed fireworks is 48 points you’re missing, and you’re only getting 30 for the bonus, so it’s not worthwhile compared to the PPF.

The first level with 2 fireworks launched at once! What do you do? Well…hitting both is a good option, but if you have to sacrifice your flawless multiplier for it…don’t. If you feel you can’t hit both with a flawless, keep track of the combo. You can usually fit at least one more combo at the end of the round.

For that pair in the middle of the round, there are certain sequences that it’s best to hit both and some that it’s actually better to only hit one for the combo. Keep track of your combo (and if you feel comfortable, the Incoming Fireworks) so you can know whether to let one go or not.

3 fireworks, plus a rapid-fire finale. This round also has a couple of opportunities to make the combo happen (remember, only skip 1 firework!). My personal favorite combo in this round is Pink-Orange-Purple (3-2-1 for my number people), as it generally feeds that one straight. For the very end, you can either go for more combos or try to hit as many fireworks as possible. Usually, the fireworks generated here won’t be very combo-friendly, as you will be missing more than one, so I would suggest trying to hit at least one per every pair given, or both if you’re feeling fancy and confident you can keep that flawless multiplier.

There is one combo that will shoot Orange and Pink fireworks at the end, but the pink fireworks will overlap so that you can’t hit them without breaking flawless. Don’t hit them, but know your score will be lower. There’s been another combo floating around that launches a purple firework on top of an orange one, so just be aware of where everything is.

This round only gives the combo once or twice, and the twice is a bit rare. If you’re in a game that’s giving you two, the first one will require watching the Incoming Fireworks. Note that it likes to trick you into *thinking* it’s giving you two combos when it’s not. I still fall for the combo fakeout way too often. If you’re just starting out, I’d suggest just hitting them all, as at least one combo will be given straight.

This round is usually straightforward and will give you the combo 3+ times without skipping any fireworks. What it does like to do is give you some “distraction” fireworks (say, a Pink/3 before the Red/4 that starts the combo), so just be sure you’re not missing the combos it’s giving. Better to skip the firework taking forever to show a white star and earn the combo instead.

Note, I said “usually.” There is the odd game floating around that messes up said combos with an extra firework thrown in. Again, your combo is higher than the PPF (40 in this round, so a 16 point difference), so missing one firework for the combo is a good move here. I’d still suggest not missing more than 1 though, since you’ll lose out on 8 points if you miss more.

Here’s where things start to get fancy. You can generally just hit all of the fireworks until you get near the end. It then likes to give 2 of each combo firework, but instead of, for example, Purple-Orange-Purple-Orange for the combo, it likes to give Purple-Purple-Orange-Orange. I don’t have any major tip for handling this one, as I’ve developed a personal pattern, so just choose your battles wisely. If you feel like watching the Incoming Fireworks, sometimes you can get an extra combo at the very end as well, usually with the Purple-Orange or Purple-Pink combo.

I’m going to start off by saying I don’t enjoy this stage. I think it’s my least favorite, even before Stage 5, and it can definitely make or break a game for me depending on the combos. Anyway.

The first round is fairly straightforward. This is the first level where you can skip 2 fireworks and get more points (48 for 2 fireworks vs. 60 combo bonus). As you practice more, you can try to squeeze in more for this round! As you’re practicing though, make sure to focus on those combos since it’s worth more.

A lot of this round depends on the combo you get. If you get the Purple-Pink-Purple combo, it’ll get fed to you. (There’s a combo starting with Green floating around that does the same). If it’s not that, things get a bit trickier, especially with any double-fireworks combos (Purple-Pink-Pink or Green-Orange-Orange). You can take the tactic of hitting one firework per every trio, which is a good way to learn the pattern and how the level works. As you get comfier, you can watch for firework timing and hit the faster ones that appear (like Red) before the slower ones (like Green), as well as learn how to hit the combos.

I’ve noticed in the Green-Orange-Orange combo that it often does a fakeout with the first two triads it launches. For the Green-Purple-Red combo, it likes to not give it to you at all unless you’re extremely quick to hit the Red firework after a Purple.

Ah, the first level with the “Shoot Every Firework We Own” finale. I’m still devising a strategy for this ending, quite honestly, so I’m going to quote Leah’s written guide here:

“in some cases i'll do my best to just hit as many fireworks as i can with my multiplier (given i still have it) but in cases where the combos give a lot of points (such as those big 100 point ones in round 5) i focus as much as possible on the two fireworks of that combo. i never press the explode all button since it gets rid of the multiplier and also because i have a better chance at shooting at least a few individually. hitting explode all doesn't necessarily add points for all the fireworks on the screen, it only will for the firework you currently have active when you press it. it also will shoot everything regardless of what point stage they are in, so more often than not you will have very few flawless fireworks hit and a whole lot of oopsies. also, your multiplier will be reset, so just don't do it, not even at the end of the round! if you still have your flawless multiplier you will most likely be able to get more points shooting a couple fireworks flawless vs. exploding all.”

Brief commentary that I love this whole stage. It gives so many combos, and you can start skipping 3 fireworks to get them (72 PPF for 3 fireworks compared to 80 point combo bonus). Most of the combos are made of 2 fireworks as well, so it’s really a great stage for boosting that score. I’ve had games where I can make 900+ points in one round during this stage, just from hitting combos and throwing a few extras here and there.

This round might seem scary, but if you focus on combos, it’s not so bad. It feeds a ton of combos straight, especially if it’s the Yellow-Green or Green-Yellow combo, without much stress. As you practice, you can work on fitting in extra fireworks (like Tomorrowland Round 1).

This round also throws combos left and right. Much like Round 1 of this Stage, focus on the combos, and as you become familiar with them, you can work on squeezing in more.

Also, it almost always launches three Pink fireworks in a cannon, so there’s three extra fireworks for you. :)

The beginning of this round is a little sneaky. It likes to keep giving you the first firework of your combo with a bunch of others, making you think a combo is coming, only it doesn’t until after about 3-4 repeats of this trick. Don’t assume you’re getting the combo right away and you may find more success here.

This stage is tricky until you’ve played it a lot. It used to be my least favorite, but as I play more, it’s grown on me. It’s not the easiest to anticipate, and it loves to give fireworks on the opposite ends of the bar, something my arrow keys don’t appreciate. As the all-stars have mentioned in their videos, focusing on combos goes a long way here, since each one is worth 100 points (equivalent to over 4 fireworks).

For some reason, this round likes to only give the combo once? Sometimes it will do more, but it’s a 50/50 chance I’ve found. Maybe you’ll have better luck, but it just doesn’t like to give them to me. If you find the same thing, the combo is usually somewhere near the beginning.

This round gives the combo much more liberally than the first one. Focus on getting that while you’re practicing. Remember, by now, you can skip 4 fireworks and still have the combo be worth more than your PPF, so don’t be afraid if you see some flying by.

This level loves giving probably the most-hated combo of all fireworks players: Yellow-Snowflake/6-8. Honestly, the timing is so weird on that one that I’ve given up trying to hit it at all. If anyone manages better, please share.

This level is also like Stage 3, Round 3 in that it’s a “Shoot Every Firework We Own” finale. Follow Leah’s directions for this one too. A tactic I’ve had semi-good success with lately (if the generator isn’t being generous with combo fireworks or I have the Yellow-Snowflake combo) is starting with Snowflake/8 and working my way backwards, since the timing on the last 4 goes up from the end. That way, I hit all of the Snowflakes/8s, then all the Stars/7s, then Yellows/6s and Greens/5s. If you have a decent combo and it’s being given to you (my personal favorites are Purple-Pink and Purple-Orange), go for that here as a different approach for an extra 100-200 points.

Remixed Fireworks is different from a lot of the minigames as it’s a combination of the speed and multitasking of Jungle Cruise with the strategy and timing of Pirates. It’s been said before, and I’ll add to the chorus, practice really is your best friend. I used to not be able to get over 1000, watched the helpful videos and got up to 4000, and now with about 3 months of practice, can regularly hit 9k games. The more you play, the more you’ll learn the game’s tricks and find what works for you. Sometimes it can be good to play with friends who score higher too, since you can watch exactly where their score goes higher to know which level to work on. And don’t be afraid to go into a game just to experiment, rather than increase score. If I mess up a game, sometimes I’ll keep playing just so I can try something new in a round I struggle with (3!!).

Keep practicing—you’ll be surprised at what you can do.

I hope this list helps you all some, and I’m excited to play with you! Happy exploding!

Ieah

i love this so much! you are a fireworks all-star in my book, the attention to detail in this is amazing and your explanations on how to tackle each level are very accurate/relatable. it's brought to my attention certain patterns that i never really consciously noticed but would keep seeing. i'd recommend this to anyone wanting to improve their score as understanding the game and its tricks better definitely helps. well done! :please:

Alakazandra

Ambassador of Hope
Great list of tips, especially showing how to approach each level within the stage!
You heard it hear first folks, this list is approved by Astro!

i love this so much! you are a fireworks all-star in my book, the attention to detail in this is amazing and your explanations on how to tackle each level are very accurate/relatable. it's brought to my attention certain patterns that i never really consciously noticed but would keep seeing. i'd recommend this to anyone wanting to improve their score as understanding the game and its tricks better definitely helps. well done! :please:
You're too sweet!
high-key already bookmarked this :D
I'm ready to see you hit 9k Nicole!

SkiBoi2020

Raconteur & Ne'er Do Well
Just happened upon this post, and I'll be off to the game shortly to try more things. In early May, I couldn't hit 1000, a few weeks ago after the tips that Nicoleasaurus sent me, I got the 4500 for my quest. Now I need the 6000 for the next quest :)

One thing that's really helped me in fw, is that I got a (really cheap) mechanical keyboard. My wireless kb had a very mushy slow feel and there were lots of shots I couldn't get bc it was too slow changing (I still use arrows instead of numbers). My mechanical kb (each key with a separate mechanical switch) clicks SOOOO fast, I can get a lot that would frustrate me before... And yeah, your mileage may vary...

SkiBoi2020

Raconteur & Ne'er Do Well
And, umm, another thing just food for thought. I knew I had a "sloppy hand" and was hitting the right button accidentally, but a lot. Bought a gaming mouse, this one is a Razr DeathAdder Elite (now replaced with DA v.2) with programmable buttons. I made a profile that shuts off the right button, by clicking another button to change the profile. All the OOPS I was getting in fw and jc went away... It's also pretty darn fast.