Change in clams

Noah

I've noticed that recently the clams system changed, and I was wondering if this was intentional or just a glitch. Before, once somebody clicked on a clam, it wouldn't let you walk to it. However, starting yesterday I noticed that it allows you to walk to clams that other people already clicked on.

Was this an intentional change or is there some type of glitch going on?

Noah

Yeah, basically it used to be that the first person to click on it would get it. Now whoever is closest to it gets it.

Noah

It'll take a little getting used to but my intention wasn't too complain. I was just curious as to if it was a permanent change or just a glitch.

Amy

Head Administrator
Any changes to do with pathfinding are not changes to the shell game, shell game changes would just be a bi-product of the pathfinding changes.

OK, Amy, speak to me like I'm a first grader. :wut::What exactly is pathfinding and has it changed the shell game? I have noticed it too and it is frustrating. :o

Nazadel

OK, Amy, speak to me like I'm a first grader. :wut::What exactly is pathfinding and has it changed the shell game? I have noticed it too and it is frustrating. :o
I'm not Amy, but it's quite simple: it's how the engine plots the route between the point where your character is at and the point you clicked on. In this case, it seems to be about how the first person to click would get to go to a certain spot, while now the person with the shortest plotted route will go there.