Charity Projects!

What types of charity projects do you take part in? Or would like to take part in?
Right now, I'm doing a few. I just thought I would share with my VMK family :)

Ronald McDonald Pop Tab collection!
The Tabs contain the most aluminum in the can, so that means bring the most money for the charity!
My school set up 2 big red boxes for collection, (don't mind the food people threw inside of it, I will be taking those out.. college students trying to be funny..).

here are 2 full gallon bags I collected in the past month of pop tabs!

pouring them into the big red box!
(Like I said, ignore the food ignorant college students put into the box..)

Also! I Volunteer at the local dog shelter! Look at this little cutie!

This saturday I'm helping with Habitat for Humanity to help build a house! and sunday is the Polar Plunge!
For more info on the Polar Plunge that benefits Chicagos Special Olympics, visit: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/brookeb/chicagopolarplunge

Now tell me, what charity or volunteer work do you take part in?!
This could help with your community in things you can get involved in, and spark ideas!

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear, and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

InfinityFay

I do the Princess Project.

I collect used/new dresses from girls who no longer wish to wear them and then set up a tent and give them away to girls who can't afford dresses (for homecoming, prom, etc).

brooke you rock ily

Love you too bb!

I do the Princess Project.

I collect used/new dresses from girls who no longer wish to wear them and then set up a tent and give them away to girls who can't afford dresses (for homecoming, prom, etc).
ooo! I like that! That is such a smart idea :)

Love you two :hearts::hearts::halcyon:

Fiyero

I used to be a Boy Scout got my Eagle. Needless to say, I love volunteer work. I put about 75+ hours of community service. I've built houses, collected canned food, worked at walks/runs for disease cures, and many other projects. It honestly feels great to give back to people.

Yes, I am a Republican

BuddyByte

Legendary Hero
Two things that I'm not allowed to do (for reasons that I won't mention right now) but always encourage others to do are:
Participating in a blood drive! I've experienced first hand what it's like to be in a position where you need blood transfusions; however, blood is not always readily available (especially if you're O-, like me) and you end up waiting for a long time to get your blood. Hospitals and the Red Cross are always in need of all blood types, so if you're able and you're not afraid of needles, go donate your blood, especially if you're an O- blood type.

Signing up for the Be The Match bone marrow registry! There are lots of children and adults with various types of cancer and other blood disorders that are in need of a bone marrow transplant. It's not very easy to get one, though, because the people must get bone marrow or stem cells that have essentially the same tissue type as them. All you have to do to sign up is either find a local Be The Match registration event or order a typing kit online and send it back to the registry. You don't actually have to donate bone marrow unless you are chosen as someone's match. If you're between the ages of 18-44, I encourage you to look into this. It's something that is very close to my heart. Imagine being person that saved someone's life!?

Two things that I'm not allowed to do (for reasons that I won't mention right now) but always encourage others to do are:
Participating in a blood drive! I've experienced first hand what it's like to be in a position where you need blood transfusions; however, blood is not always readily available (especially if you're O-, like me) and you end up waiting for a long time to get your blood. Hospitals and the Red Cross are always in need of all blood types, so if you're able and you're not afraid of needles, go donate your blood, especially if you're an O- blood type.

Signing up for the Be The Match bone marrow registry! There are lots of children and adults with various types of cancer and other blood disorders that are in need of a bone marrow transplant. It's not very easy to get one, though, because the people must get bone marrow or stem cells that have essentially the same tissue type as them. All you have to do to sign up is either find a local Be The Match registration event or order a typing kit online and send it back to the registry. You don't actually have to donate bone marrow unless you are chosen as someone's match. If you're between the ages of 18-44, I encourage you to look into this. It's something that is very close to my heart. Imagine being person that saved someone's life!?
Wow, I know about blood drives, I think I am going to do one soon, Im just so scared of blood!

Also, Wow I never realized how needed the bone narrow is! Thanks for informing me!

Wow, I know about blood drives, I think I am going to do one soon, Im just so scared of blood!

Also, Wow I never realized how needed the bone narrow is! Thanks for informing me!
They'll take really good care of you at the blood drive, so don't worry! And you're welcome! I've been trying to spread the word as much as I can! :)

They'll take really good care of you at the blood drive, so don't worry! And you're welcome! I've been trying to spread the word as much as I can! :)
Wow! The day you told me about the Bone marrow stuff, my fellow brothers of my fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) brought up a bone marrow type drive!
I probably will be donating blood soon! I just need to find the right time for me :)

Thanks for sharing ! :)