Choices

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Hello, I am updating a book journal at home and was curious what "Myvmk" (Disney) people would choose when randomly surveyed online

What type of decision would you make if you were offered a choice between either:

A) Free drinks for ten years (say from a purified water source, bottled to you) -OR-
B) Only one - pint sized drink of the most tantalizing substance ever created, tailored to your palate

***(Please provide reasoning for your answer. No, you cannot reproduce the drink )

Just for fun, for you Disney people out there. Don't worry about answering "right or wrong". I want to observe your interpretation over the net and record the answers.

Thank you~

DisneyDawg

Clark Griswold
Free drinks! In my opinion, it would be much more satisfying to know that you're drinking something that you didn't pay for.

Nimmy

Mysterious Member
A) free drinks; It would be one less thing I would have to worry about, knowing that life can change at any given moment, such as living conditions, income, etc. At least I would have one of the major components needed to survive.
Having even a single drop of the tantalizing substance would be a huge mistake. Once you've had a taste of it, you can never untaste it (i'm assuming). It would leave you craving it for the rest of your life and knowing that you could never have it ever again, it would be truly devastating.

cutecutemomo

Think of it as the most gratifying thing you've ever had/experienced but once its gone, the experience is over. Think of short term bliss etc. if that helps

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could you give me your reasoning please for recording

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
o lol bc it's free[DOUBLEPOST=1435860911][/DOUBLEPOST]and everything free is good

A) Free drinks for ten years (say from a purified water source, bottled to you)
Considering California is in a drought.. and the worlds fresh water supplies are decreasing.. this seems like the best survival choice. Plus if I had the most tantalizing substance wouldn't it just make every other drink seem dull? Sounds rather addictive if you ask me.

I would say Choice B.

To me, choice A sounds like an every day kind of thing. I really only drink water or tea, and it doesn't cost much to begin with. Also, it's only 10 years; not a lifetime.

Choice B, while temporary, entices my taste buds thinking about it. I'd love to see what kind of drink would be concocted just for me.

However, it does not specify if this one drink is free... If it is not free, and costs over $50, I would change my decision to choice A.

P.S. I love these kind of questions- if you ever need anybody to ask, I'm your girl!

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I would say Choice B.

To me, choice A sounds like an every day kind of thing. I really only drink water or tea, and it doesn't cost much to begin with. Also, it's only 10 years; not a lifetime.

Choice B, while temporary, entices my taste buds thinking about it. I'd love to see what kind of drink would be concocted just for me.

However, it does not specify if this one drink is free... If it is not free, and costs over $50, I would change my decision to choice A.

P.S. I love these kind of questions- if you ever need anybody to ask, I'm your girl!

Well, you could say the cost of option B is not knowing whether or not you will live to regret the decision if B isn’t picked, hmmm? Of course that’s said in a rhetorical way to you and giving such feedback isn’t intended to sway the field for observational purposes one way or another.

A little habitual tidbit people display that I’ll share with you, since you’re interested in these things:

What’s interesting about including the word “free” when given people two choices even offline; I’ve found that a person will often focus on the word free and automatically assume then within the mind that the cost of anything else may be too high a burden of woe in both a figurative and literal sense. Often times, a person will do this without even realizing it. This is also in line with the school of thought that most people are creatures of habit and "known" comforts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to thank everyone for their invaluable input on here thus far; I do appreciate those taking the time to take this online, for some random empirical data.

Well, you could say the cost of option B is not knowing whether or not you will live to regret the decision if B isn’t picked, hmmm? Of course that’s said in a rhetorical way to you and giving such feedback isn’t intended to sway the field for observational purposes one way or another.

A little habitual tidbit people display that I’ll share with you, since you’re interested in these things:

What’s interesting about including the word “free” when given people two choices even offline; I’ve found that a person will often focus on the word free and automatically assume then within the mind that the cost of anything else may be too high a burden of woe in both a figurative and literal sense. Often times, a person will do this without even realizing it. This is also in line with the school of thought that most people are creatures of habit and "known" comforts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to thank everyone for their invaluable input on here thus far; I do appreciate those taking the time to take this online, for some random empirical data.
That is very interesting, which is why I asked if option B was also free. However, it sounds luxurious and that is what grabbed my attention. I wouldn't change my decision at this point anyway :)

mark

10 mins late to everything
choice a because i love water and especially bottled (even tho ny has gracious tap) and pls one pint of goodness? wat a waste i can just eat red velvet cake or drink passion fruit sweetened lemonade soz

conservatively would probably go with choice letter a
the question at hand in this thread is very interesting and has got me thinking about what my own drink in choice b would come out to be... I wouldn't want to experience it and never be able to have it again, though... or would I? you should definitely implement some more information into this, my curiosity is running rampant

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I would be happy to speak with you a bit more since your curiosity is peeked.

conservatively would probably go with choice letter a
the question at hand in this thread is very interesting and has got me thinking about what my own drink in choice b would come out to be... I wouldn't want to experience it and never be able to have it again, though... or would I? you should definitely implement some more information into this, my curiosity is running rampant

Well that is a question of whether you would rather have something once or not at all. You might find yourself asking, is the temptation of known taste (the water, for example) valued or not over what you may of previously thought as being something only abstract before; yet here you are presented with the physical and palpable delight for your own aesthetic tasting. So, does your mind find itself lingering on the possibility of quenching such desire irresistible or does it stay on a fixed path, as per your thoughts.

Perhaps you may like to think about this for a moment; most choices when faced with two alternate paths display a form of universal dichotomy (as I like to call it) for the consciousness of people. You can analyze a lot about a person through their mind, their thoughts, fears, goals, values etc. by asking questions that don’t seem like much on paper. Often times, many people will eventually even find out things about themselves that they weren't even aware of yet.