Chrome 45 is out. What are you options?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Hey guys!

Seeing as how Google Chrome 45 was just released, which officially disables NPAPI plugins such as shockwave (the plugin currently needed for MyVMK to run), I figured I'd throw up a short little thing for those of you who haven't already migrated in order to play MyVMK.

You have a few options
Option 1, use myVMKPal
Shameless self-promotion is shameless. Nonetheless, myVMKPal is a great way to play MyVMK with ease! It can handle all your accounts, log you in automatically, take screenshots, and then upload those screenshots straight to imgur! And best of all? NPAPI support isn't going anywhere soon, so for those of you looking for an easy way to keep playing without the hassle of using two browsers (if you use something else for MyVMK, and Chrome for everything else), myVMKPal is a great way to go. You can download that from www.myVMKPal.com/download

Option 2, use a different browser
If you don't want to (or can't) use myVMKPal, the next best route is to use a different browser such as Firefox! To my knowledge, Firefox has not yet disabled NPAPI support so for the time being it should work without issue to play MyVMK. Personally, I recommend Firefox as my Chrome alternative but other browser such as Opera, Safari, or Internet Explorer (but why you would use that is anyone's guess) may work. You can download Firefox from www.Ninite.com/firefox or www.Firefox.com

Option 3, downgrade Google Chrome
@savvy.max has an excellent and detailed post on how to keep your Google Chrome downgraded to version 44 so you can continue using Chrome to play MyVMK! You can find that here.

Hope this helps anyone that has either run into the issue, or is about to when their Chrome install updates.

See ya, Kolya Venturi

Last edited:

cyre

I don't know if it's me or not, but I have windows 10 and Pal freezes after a short time once I log in.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I don't know if it's me or not, but I have windows 10 and Pal freezes after a short time once I log in.
Are you on the latest version? I am using Windows 10 and have no problems with that. Are you getting the popup error about a "latest.txt" file?

Max_Power

I tried using MyVMK Pal, but its not working for me. I downloaded the latest version, I have Windows 10, and I get a popup error about a latest.txt file.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I tried using MyVMK Pal, but its not working for me. I downloaded the latest version, I have Windows 10, and I get a popup error about a latest.txt file.
I am aware of the issue. I will be fixing it soon. You should be able to just click continue and have it work fine.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Hey guys!

Seeing as how Google Chrome 45 was just released, which officially disables NPAPI plugins such as shockwave (the plugin currently needed for MyVMK to run), I figured I'd throw up a short little thing for those of you who haven't already migrated in order to play MyVMK.

You have a few options
Option 1, use myVMKPal
Shameless self-promotion is shameless. Nonetheless, myVMKPal is a great way to play MyVMK with ease! It can handle all your accounts, log you in automatically, take screenshots, and then upload those screenshots straight to imgur! And best of all? NPAPI support isn't going anywhere soon, so for those of you looking for an easy way to keep playing without the hassle of using two browsers (if you use something else for MyVMK, and Chrome for everything else), myVMKPal is a great way to go. You can download that from www.myVMKPal.com/download

Option 2, use a different browser
If you don't want to (or can't) use myVMKPal, the next best route is to use a different browser such as Firefox! To my knowledge, Firefox has not yet disabled NPAPI support so for the time being it should work without issue to play MyVMK. Personally, I recommend Firefox as my Chrome alternative but other browser such as Opera, Safari, or Internet Explorer (but why you would use that is anyone's guess) may work. You can download Firefox from www.Ninite.com/firefox or www.Firefox.com

Option 3, downgrade Google Chrome
@savvy.max has an excellent and detailed post on how to keep your Google Chrome downgraded to version 44 so you can continue using Chrome to play MyVMK! You can find that here.

Hope this helps anyone that has either run into the issue, or is about to when their Chrome install updates.

See ya, Kolya Venturi
One more question. Does MyVMK Pal act as it's own browser? I'm seriously considering and, and do you have any screenshots of playing on MyVMK with MyVMK Pal? And can I play MyVMK from my tablet or phone as it said download on the app store :)

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
One more question. Does MyVMK Pal act as it's own browser? I'm seriously considering and, and do you have any screenshots of playing on MyVMK with MyVMK Pal? And can I play MyVMK from my tablet or phone as it said download on the app store :)
I really need to get rid of that link... MyVMK does not currently work on mobile. And to answer your question, yes. myVMKPal acts as it's own browser independent from any other browsers you have on your system.