Cinderella (2015)

Thorn

Make it Green
Ok, so today, 3/12/15, at 7pm, I saw Cinderella.

This movie was the most Disney-est, magical movie I've ever seen.

You guys. I've NEVER hated a villain. I always tend to understand villains, but this stepmother- I hated. People in my theater were audibly SWEARING at her. People hated her. No one left the theater thinking "that villain was such a queen." She was just evil; the kind of evil no one likes.

The portagonists were upgraded. Cinderella and Charming were made more personable, loveable, and sweet. I truly rooted for them- nearly crying almost every scene.

I think this movie was truly the perfect Disney movie- with hating the villain, loving the princess, and feeling happy and sad repeatedly. It was visually and emotionally beautiful. I will watch it again, and it willl definitely go down as one of the few movies I actually buy and value. This movie was wonderful.

Nothing was rushed. Each scene took such an amazingly appropriate amount of time. The beginning, a good hour. The middle, a good 25 minutes. The end, a good half hour. It was a masterpiece.

Thorn

Make it Green
i need to see this movie it looks so trop goth and magical and i have that ellie goulding song stuck in my head :-/
Note: the sountrack is a little weak, but smoothly, unintrusively fits into the story.

The movie is flawless. I cannot find a single thing to not like. Truly magical. Truly Disney. Inspirational.

I saw a screening of the movie last week and I LOVED it. Everything was perfect...the actors/actresses, the costumes, the orchestrations.

I was afraid the movie would be bogged down by unnessisary fights/CGI but this was not the case

I agree! Cinderella was BEAUTIFULLY done. Before seeing the film, I thought the dress was going to be a bit much; however it was very necessary.

Frozen Fever was cute; I don't understand how an ice queen can create new clothes though...

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw it today, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The standout stars of the film were the fake mice, just too cute. Frozen Fever was great too. I hope I can order the Cinderella movie in advance at the Disney store to get those limited edition prints.

Thorn

Make it Green
I just saw it today, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The standout stars of the film were the fake mice, just too cute. Frozen Fever was great too. I hope I can order the Cinderella movie in advance at the Disney store to get those limited edition prints.
Prints excuse me what prints what are you speaking about

Prints excuse me what prints what are you speaking about
When you pre-order a movie at the disney store, you usually receive lithographs with it. My mom ordered the Dalmatian limited edition blu-Ray ahead of time and got lithographs( just a envelope with neat picture prints from the movie inside). I went to the Disney store this week, and I can't order the Cinderella movie yet. I was just hoping the Disney store will do the lithographs with the cinderella movie, whenever it comes on dvd. Sorry if I didn't explain well, the autocorrect keeps on switching what I am typing.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
i haven't seen it. i might wait for it to come out on dvd tbh.
there have been so many remakes of cinderella, i'd rather just watch it when it comes out.
i'll mainly watch it for helena bonham carter, because i love her.

Cat

Oh my goodness @Thorn I like you more and more every day.
I saw this movie yesterday with my mom, it was kinda funny because all the moms decided to take their daughters to see it.. But most of them were below the age of 10!
After a long string of disappointing Disney movies, this movie was honestly so refreshing. I personally (and I know I stand very much alone here) did not like the untraditional twists that were put on Maleficent and thought Frozen was very average. This movie got right back to the core of Disney values, and stressed on something child and adults alike needed to be reminded of from time to time; kindness and courage, the basic things every young soul should be taught.
I thought the elaboration they did on Cinderella and the Prince's background was extremely tasteful, and this is often not the case when a short original story is turned into live action. They added story where they needed to add story.

My one and ONLY critique on this movie would be that I wished the selfishness and materialism the step sisters represented were better high lighted. In the original animation, whenever the mice made Cinderella her dress, they picked up discarded items around the house that the step sisters had tossed carelessly aside, saying they were horrid. And when she walked out wearing the beautiful gown, the step sisters all the sudden showed renewed interest in their undesired articles and tore them off of her. Yes they did a great job showing how cruel they were to her, I only wish they had done better at making them symbols of materialism and selfishness--this is something young people need to be taught and drilled on.

But daaaaaaang. This movie impressed me so much it has become one of my all time favorites.