Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
@caitlincarlisle i never said personal fb... what i had in mind was the myvmk group thing where ppl made fb accounts with their myvmk usernames
I know xD I'm not going to give it out anyway, trust me. But I literally found it like an hour ago out of coincidence .-.

I didn't say they'd confuse me with her.. I was just saying everyone will be seeing me lol
ah okay, lol my mistake

Tohrukun

tbh can we have non-biased non-players go through staff applications to pick the most qualified individuals? #please[DOUBLEPOST=1430939648][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now people will search "Kali" in the MyVMK Facebook group and I'm the one who pops up D: lol
idts because the point of the host names is to conceal identities, even tho that hasnt worked so well

Last edited:
Nice Silver Retired ears you have there, Sil. Funny how every single retired member (whether they've been forced off the team or not) has been given one. Again, there's time to promote undeserving staff members, and award 'retired' staff members medals (which is like a slap in the face imo), but there is no time to respond or acknowledge our outcry.

Players are the one who make this game what it is. None of us play because it's actually a good game. We play to relieve memories and to slip into our own secluded virtual world where we're all 12 again. Players make this game. Our opinions matter.
I just wanted to address this really quick:

I made the awards for past forum/game staff because I thought it was needed. For example, say you come to the forums and see a post by Grizzly saying something very official sounding. You might not know he was a past staffer on the game, and that's why he said what he said. I find it useful on other forums to see icons like that; it also makes things they have said seem more credible (like if they are posting in the "Help!" section about how to connect to the game).

So the medals were not a reward, but merely a classification.

And let's not forget, whatever grief everyone has with retired staff (of forum or game), they did put it many hours of hard work, so I think they have earned the right to a small black and white badge to show their effort in our community.

Hope this helps with understanding my reasons for making the medals :)

Cat

I just wanted to address this really quick:

I made the awards for past forum/game staff because I thought it was needed. For example, say you come to the forums and see a post by Grizzly saying something very official sounding. You might not know he was a past staffer on the game, and that's why he said what he said. I find it useful on other forums to see icons like that; it also makes things they have said seem more credible (like if they are posting in the "Help!" section about how to connect to the game).

So the medals were not a reward, but merely a classification.

And let's not forget, whatever grief everyone has with retired staff (of forum or game), they did put it many hours of hard work, so I think they have earned the right to a small black and white badge to show their effort in our community.

Hope this helps with understanding my reasons for making the medals :)
I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking the idea as a whole, I do realize that it's needed. I was more upset at the fact that when all of that was updated, none of our griefs had been acknowledged.
Sorry cap'n ily :/ :halcyon:

I feel as though it is about time to speak out regarding what had happened in regards to Tink and I. If you are interested in such a thing, feel free to send a PM, for the post would be compared to an essay. This is not to undermine the actions taken by the current staff team nor is it anything against them. It is the truth and nothing but, as I have always done. As I have nothing but respect for not only the forum staff but those in power, I will not be making any further commentary.

-Snow
Though I believed the truth would always be rewarded, it is in times such as these when my heart sinks. I regretfully inform you that the account permissions for my account- Snow, have been revoked. Now this means that I cannot make any actions on the forums, such as just simply viewing the homepage without being directed to an error screen. If you have any messages for myself or had a message on my other account before this occurred, feel free to send me a message. I, for one, am appalled at the behavior displayed, although I still love and respect those in power. Having courage and being kind towards every player, staff member, or guest has been always been my goal since the beginning of my journey with MyVMK. My spirits are down and my heart broken but I will do what is right - always.

Best regards,
Snow

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Though I believed the truth would always be rewarded, it is in times such as these when my heart sinks. I regretfully inform you that the account permissions for my account- Snow, have been revoked. Now this means that I cannot make any actions on the forums, such as just simply viewing the homepage without being directed to an error screen. If you have any messages for myself or had a message on my other account before this occurred, feel free to send me a message. I, for one, am appalled at the behavior displayed, although I still love and respect those in power. Having courage and being kind towards every player, staff member, or guest has been always been my goal since the beginning of my journey with MyVMK. My spirits are down and my heart broken but I will do what is right - always.

Best regards,
Snow
Much love and respect to you during this difficult time. :halcyon:

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Someone or somebodies are being petty and spiteful on this game in the management department to revoke Snow's permissions on her account is low.
This is exactly why I will NOT play this game any longer. Where is the maturity? Think things could not get worse then read this post by Snow and realize just how low down some in this administration are to do this to her.

I respect and admire you snow and miss you.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Really this is how you are treating people. To be honest I do not think this is the forum staffs doing. I believe they were told to do it. I have been amazed at how well they have handled this crisis. How much they have let others speak up and really voice their opinions. "Let's silence the truth. Or at the very least the opinions of people in the know." This is not the way to make it calm down. Let's continue to fan the flames. This is heart breaking. @Amy do the right thing.

MacPat

Contributor
Yes lets ignore the abuse of power. Lets ignore the abuse by staff towards players. Lets ignore the fact that 6 staff members left the game seemingly over recent events. Lets ignore the favouritism. Lets ignore the fact that some staff who people are strongly against even being staff are being promoted. Lets ignore the unprofessional behaviour of staff.

What's going on inside the team is our business because it affects us all, it affects the game and it's integrity. They obviously care more about the power and the secrets they hold instead of being open with players and letting players have a voice. Might as well rename the game StaffsVMK instead of MyVMK at this rate.
You wouldn't know about it if they didn't talk about it.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am sorry I know and those logs just make my stand even stronger. I know because I saw with my own eyes. I kept my mouth shut because I did not want to make waves. And most of it really did not affect my game play. However, having a known bully who has over and over and over again disrespected players on her player account and never been held accountable I will not stand down. I can put up with most of the ******** but not bullies who make you afraid to say anything. I kept my mouth shut because I loved this game and wanted the best for it and did not make waves. I hid my hurt for almost a year. I have the letters I sent to Amy dated back in Last July and my run in with her and how I felt. I am not posting them. Because I am still hoping Amy does the right thing. I also know I am not alone anymore with how Kali under her player name has treated many.

Last edited:

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member

Best regards,
Snow
Wow, certain people are being so unnecessary cruel to you and Tink. The person behind all this banning is obviously doing it in spite. You have always treated everyone with such respect, and I can't imagine how it feels to be stabbed in the back like this. More power to you for putting up with all of this.

Although late to the party, i'm not surprised.

People shouldn't have expectations that this wouldn't inevitably happen either. There's not much to gauge someone's integrity in this game other than what we have on the forums/in-game "integrity." Even then, corrupt people will always get into positions of power. It's a struggle for any game/forum to be honest, finding legitimate staff members.

Ex: I'm friends with some Admins/global mods on Sythe (online MMO trading forum, been around since 2005) and i've been made privy to just how many people have at one point or another been up for moderator consideration. I can think of one in particular who had donated $300 to the site and had hundreds of vouches, handled thousands of dollars, essentially a trusted member with obvious potential to be a candidate for promotions. In the end, he got caught scamming and was permanently banned.

Another more serious example would be the numerous scandals with RuneScape's developer team (Jagex). Ranging from former RWT'ers who were 100% confirmed to be working for Jagex, to some company moderators who hijacked certain wealthy users for their wealth, to recently a developer being fired for altering game code before an update went live to benefit himself in-game without others knowing (he got caught).

Point being, people shouldn't have high expectations. If sites such as Sythe where to obtain moderator status takes YEARS, building a highly respectable reputation, and still from time to time will have corrupt users scam-quit at some point or some form of power abuse, I wouldn't expect it for a small game like VMK which has been around for a fairly short period of time to be any different. (although not as large-scale obviously)

On the flip side, at least Amy isn't a corrupt developer, and there have been some good moderators on the forum, even though some seriously are some of the biggest cry babies i've ever seen with obvious blatant bias (I won't name names ;]).

Time will tell where everything else goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.