CLOSE/DELETE PLEASE

Should we change the name to "My Virtual Magic Kingdom" (MyVMK)

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 97.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
people seemed to like Virtual Kingdom of Magic.
We can always throw people off by naming is "Virtual Medieval kingdom" Muahaha!

I agree with the name change Fruits. IMO, MMK isn't the best name. It's almost as bad as VFK!! Jk... Sorry Amy :)

I like it, but the name "My Mystical Kingdom" is probably a safer option as the name "Virtual Magic Kingdom" definitely holds a copyright, not like the pictures. images and sounds don't, but if we aren't using their name I think it's better

I don't think it is wise using an actual Disney term as The Magic Kingdom in the title, as if Disney gets wind of it, the game might be over. I think Amy's title is different and unique

MuffinSugar said:
I don't think it is wise using an actual Disney term as The Magic Kingdom in the title, as if Disney gets wind of it, the game might be over. I think Amy's title is different and unique
No. We need VMK in the title. EVERYTHING in VMK is copyrighted. ALL of the images are of Disney's copyrights in one way or another.
If VMK is not in the name, Disney may think Amy is taking their work and trying to pass it off as her own.

We need the website to have all the same disclaimers, and people need to know it is the same VMK, only not run by Disney. We don't want Disney to think that Amy is trying to steal VMK & make into a new game. That would be bad.
OpenVMK was the perfect name. MyMagicKingdom is a cool name too. I also like MyVMK.

laffinglessons said:
Fruits said:
laffinglessons said:
Why do you keep referring to yourself as "we" ?? i don't see your title under the admin or global mod page

There is no need to be trolling.

Sincerely,
Fruits
.............are you going to answer my question.................
I kind of agree with laffing, not in a rude or mean way though. But Amy did post a big thread about the name change and said that there would be a poll for all of the most popular names that were favored in that thread.

Just doesn't seem as fair that you're kind of taking that authority yourself and giving us one option for the name (yes/no) especially when you don't yet have the power to make that sort of change.

I appreciate it, but only giving one option is very biased.

Lance said:
MuffinSugar said:
No. We need VMK in the title. EVERYTHING in VMK is copyrighted. ALL of the images are of Disney's copyrights in one way or another.
If VMK is not in the name, Disney may think Amy is taking their work and trying to pass it off as her own.

We need the website to have all the same disclaimers, and people need to know it is the same VMK, only not run by Disney. We don't want Disney to think that Amy is trying to steal VMK & make into a new game. That would be bad.
OpenVMK was the perfect name. MyMagicKingdom is a cool name too. I also like MyVMK.
And.. Actually.. Keeping VMK in the name might possibly make it worse. Not better. "VMK" is Disney's copyrighted name. Adding a letter to the beginning or the end wont change the fact that we are, in fact, still referring to the game as "VMK" Which, essentially, belongs to Disney. If you want to read their copyright you can. Its available.

**However, rearranging the letters IS harmless. kvm mvk vkm, etc. (for those who like the original words - I personally do)

V_MK

I've got a dream
Penny said:
Lance said:
MuffinSugar said:

And.. Actually.. Keeping VMK in the name might possibly make it worse. Not better. "VMK" is Disney's copyrighted name. Adding a letter to the beginning or the end wont change the fact that we are, in fact, still referring to the game as "VMK" Which, essentially, belongs to Disney. If you want to read their copyright you can. Its available.

**However, rearranging the letters IS harmless. kvm mvk vkm, etc. (for those who like the original words - I personally do)
I do like this idea too. I'd rather have the original wording in the game and like I said in my previous post MMK doesn't sound right at all to me. Not saying it's a bad name because I do like the name actually, it just doesn't fit the feel of this game to me. I like MVK or VKM! (MVK looks best but Virtual Kingdom Magic sounds best imo)

Acey said:
people seemed to like Virtual Kingdom of Magic.
YES PLEASEEE I love it! So much better than MMK and MyVMK!

Cyber Toon

MagicMatt said:
I just want to clarify my vote: I voted yes, but...

If we're definitely changing, then I vote yes to MVMK.
If it's still up in the air, I'd rather keep MMK.

:)
I would also love to keep MMK. Sounds very unique. But it seems no one else does D:

Cyber Toon said:
MagicMatt said:
I just want to clarify my vote: I voted yes, but...

If we're definitely changing, then I vote yes to MVMK.
If it's still up in the air, I'd rather keep MMK.

:)
I would also love to keep MMK. Sounds very unique. But it seems no one else does D:
No! I agree with you!