Community Announcement regarding Community Leaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy that they are bringing this back and even though I wish to be a community leader, I know so many other players that deserve the award more than me! I can't name them all, but these are the ones that stand out! @hogie @Jinx @Kinglaser @Kelsea @Ranch @Brandon @Question @Everest @Famous
We have a plethora of amazing and outstading leaders in this community, I feel bad for the people who have to choose since I would want to choose everyone!
Thanks Ace! I think this would be a great thing to be able to do, so I applied! Good luck everyone :D

mark

10 mins late to everything
Good luck everyone, I remember this was a big question around the start of ovmk and myvmk :) even I asked once thinking I'd apply, things change :( however good luck!!

Ms_Special

This is completely unnecessary and I'm 10000% against this. I may be the only one but I would have appreciated a poll to see what the players thought of this being implemented into the game. With a community this small, is this not doing more harm than good? Anyway, I hope that whoever that is chosen for this meaningless title isn't someone who is so far stuck up the staffs business they can't see reality.

Note: CLs were pulled from the original game for a reason.

How exciting! If I weren't busy, I would have loved to apply for this because I truly enjoy helping others and having fun. Unfortunately I'm not active in game enough, I never log on which also factors in the reason I don't even know anyone in the online community well enough to be recommended. I hope preferably fun, more so helpful, honest, objective, real versus simply popular...people are chosen for these positions. They may have a tendency to be in it just for the status. Better yet to choose people kind of unknown who stay in the background with a good record who have a good application. Probably the most important aspect of the application is a good personal reason to become a community leader.

@Jasmine, @Ranch may be good candidates a few others perhaps as mentioned

@hogie would make an interesting name for community leader hehe CL_Hogie

Jasmine

This is completely unnecessary and I'm 10000% against this. I may be the only one but I would have appreciated a poll to see what the players thought of this being implemented into the game. With a community this small, is this not doing more harm than good? Anyway, I hope that whoever that is chosen for this meaningless title isn't someone who is so far stuck up the staffs business they can't see reality.

Note: CLs were pulled from the original game for a reason.
No, I definitely agree with you. This was debated early on when the game opened and the overall consensus was that it was just unnecessary at the time and likely would be in the future as well.

Now I don't know if they've made any changes to the program or not, but I would certainly hope so. Otherwise, I see this working out just like it did in VMK (or similar to how the whole "tester" situation worked out). Don't get me wrong; I think Disney had a great concept with the whole "Community Leader" thing and I have nothing against the concept itself. It just has to be planned and executed extremely well for it work, which Disney failed at. I think everyone should be helpful to others already; a badge or title prefix shouldn't say that you're knowledgeable about the game (the way it did in VMK).

So yeah, here's to hoping that significant changes were made to the program and that this will work out for the best in the end. :hat:

WaffWaff

I am very excited for this and applied myself! But those who stand-out to me the most who would be an amazing asset to the community as a CL would be @Jinx @Peasants @hogie and @Littlebelle . There are numerous people who would be perfect for the job but these are the people who immediately come to mind when I hear the phrase "community leader". They put in time and effort towards the game as well as make sure everyone is happy. I have never experienced a bad moment with any of them and I think they would be amazing community leaders.

I am very excited for this and applied myself! But those who stand-out to me the most who would be an amazing asset to the community as a CL would be @Jinx @Peasants @hogie and @Littlebelle . There are numerous people who would be perfect for the job but these are the people who immediately come to mind when I hear the phrase "community leader". They put in time and effort towards the game as well as make sure everyone is happy. I have never experienced a bad moment with any of them and I think they would be amazing community leaders.
Wow, thanks so much dear :) I would also like to give attention to @StarrySasha for being a CL. She is always there to make a person feel more comfortable about anything. She will stop what she is doing just to talk to you and do anything to help you out. Trust me, she has helped me out more than enough. She would be a magnificent CL!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
No, I definitely agree with you. This was debated early on when the game opened and the overall consensus was that it was just unnecessary at the time and likely would be in the future as well.

Now I don't know if they've made any changes to the program or not, but I would certainly hope so. Otherwise, I see this working out just like it did in VMK (or similar to how the whole "tester" situation worked out). Don't get me wrong; I think Disney had a great concept with the whole "Community Leader" thing and I have nothing against the concept itself. It just has to be planned and executed extremely well for it work, which Disney failed at. I think everyone should be helpful to others already; a badge or title prefix shouldn't say that you're knowledgeable about the game (the way it did in VMK).

So yeah, here's to hoping that significant changes were made to the program and that this will work out for the best in the end. :hat:
I agree 100% and to be quite honest, I'm not as for this program as I feel it would have to be very very very tightly run to be effective. However, these past few months I've had the chance to observe certain members who I truly think would become fantastic CLs. Members who aren't in the main crowd but are still active everyday and willing to help members without any prefix before their username. As you stated, I think myVMK should be encouraging helping others without special treatment, however, as they have decided to add this program, I feel it would be best to acknowledge the few players who are already CLs and give them a shot at representing the CL program. (: I think as long as this doesn't become a "select people who are popular" type of ordeal, there could be a shot at this being great.

Hi there!
I did want everyone to know this before they applied to the program. We are conducting this program far differently than VMK did. Being the person in charge of this program, I can say that it is going to be something of use for not only the community but the staff of MyVMK as well. I have decided to give back to the players that do well for the community, which does not mean they necessarily always agree with staff decisions on certain things . This position is certainly not about a badge or a title, it is recognizing someone that already does good in the community. There will not likely be very many and they will be chosen extremely carefully. If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know!

-Snow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.