Community Announcement regarding Community Leaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Aka @StarrySasha and @snow_flake you guys are so awesome :) I also would like to recommend @Aka @StarrySasha and @snow_flake as well as @Jinx @LilMcBoodlebop @Question @Inferno @Littlebelle @Jason @Pecosace @mijaro @Whoosh and last but not least, @Sleepysaur . I see all of you in game, and each one of you spread joy throughout the game, as well as happiness and just make the game such an enjoyable place. And even if you don't get the position, u still will have great spirit and joy towards the game. You, as well as many others are what make the game an enjoyable place, I hope that you guys get the position, good luck to all applicants! And like Question said, it really is such a great feeling to know that people feel like I can be one :)

Mademoiselle

Been on myVMK since day 1, just signed up for Forums, gonna give it a try anyway! Heck, the worse that can happen is a no ;P
Here goes nothing!

Good luck to all!

Elle

Good luck to the people who send in their applications!! ( ^ _ ^ ) / This sounds like a good opportunity for a lot of the kind users on here. I'll nominate @Jason. He's literally the sweetest person ever, and I so think he deserves this. From the forums to the game, he lets everyone know how welcome they are in the game and doesn't treat them like a "new" player, but immediately as a friend. But again, good luck to everyone else!! ^_^

Thanks @Aka @StarrySasha and @snow_flake you guys are so awesome :) I also would like to recommend @Aka @StarrySasha and @snow_flake as well as @Jinx @LilMcBoodlebop @Question @Inferno @Littlebelle @Jason @Pecosace @mijaro @Whoosh and last but not least, @Sleepysaur . I see all of you in game, and each one of you spread joy throughout the game, as well as happiness and just make the game such an enjoyable place. And even if you don't get the position, u still will have great spirit and joy towards the game. You, as well as many others are what make the game an enjoyable place, I hope that you guys get the position, good luck to all applicants! And like Question said, it really is such a great feeling to know that people feel like I can be one :)
Awwwww thanks Hogie! You are one awesome guy and i think you deserve to be a community leader as well ^_^

philitup

The Internet Champion!
If I was to become a CL that would make the whole year I've spent with OVMK and MyVMK pay off. I never wanted a fancy tittle, I've just always wanted to help the community in anyway possible because this is my favorite game of all time, and this appears to be my last chance.

The Community Leader program on the original VMK was to re-open with a greater participation rate as said by Yavn himself in a Newsletter.

"First up, some news you've been waiting for about our Community Leader program – we've talked about this before, we're in the process of re-working the program. I'll tell you about how the new system will work in a future Newsletter, but for now the current program's being put on hold as of October 24, 2007.

If you're currently a CL, the CL status will be removed from your title/character name on October 24th.

Remember, don't get upset if didn't get a chance to be a CL. We're re-tooling the program to make it better, so you'll have more chances. We'll have more details soon. Stay tuned!"

Once again, management has disappointed me. Also, I see people recommending people to become a Community Leader, which means the people being recommended are significantly popular. It just seems like only the significantly popular people will get accepted into the program. Secondly, the max number of Community Leaders should be based on how many applicants there are that actually have a chance in making it and how big the community is. The community only goes up to what is it now? 500? But 500 people don't come on everyday, only 1/4 of that number do, so it's only safe to say that there should be around 25 Community Leaders at this time.

This is a community leader program and everyone should be able to participate.

Last edited:

Mademoiselle

@Macario , I complete and 100% agree with you post. I am very concerned that this will just become a popularity contest. One can only hope that our Admins can see through that. I have full faith in them, especially if they don't want to throw away what they worked so hard to build.

It really will be sad if this is just a popularity contest because I've met tons of "popular" players on VMK that are quite rude; especially to players who don't wear rare clothes or pins. I really hope the admins look beyond popularity and pick players they can trust. Regardless, this is like politics sometimes I guess; you just go with whatever's there.

@Macario , I complete and 100% agree with you post. I am very concerned that this will just become a popularity contest. One can only hope that our Admins can see through that. I have full faith in them, especially if they don't want to throw away what they worked so hard to build.

It really will be sad if this is just a popularity contest because I've met tons of "popular" players on VMK that are quite rude; especially to players who don't wear rare clothes or pins. I really hope the admins look beyond popularity and pick players they can trust. Regardless, this is like politics sometimes I guess; you just go with whatever's there.
I find it satisfying that you agree with me. But as much as what I say may be true, that won't make a difference to management.

Mademoiselle

Like I said, we can only hope they're capable of finding qualified players to be leaders. It's kinda like when you elect high school class officers, the popular kids always win and it's not until you put the outcast to run for office that ppl realize there's more than just popularity. I'm a full believer that maturity is key and I believe our admins have that and are capable to see through those "recommendations."

Status
Not open for further replies.