Community Announcement regarding Name Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! <3

We have recently updated our rules regarding in-game username changes! Here are some of the changes:

1. All name changes must be requested through the contact@myvmk.com email, we will not be taking any requests that come through the Call for Help button. Please be sure to include your current in-game username and the username you want to change it to. Please be sure to use the email that is associated with your account.
2. Once you have changed your username you must wait 90 days to request another.
3. Any user that has been banned for reasons such as harassment or scamming and those with a filter will not be allowed a name change at any time.
4. All username requests are subject to moderator discretion.

Users that have had their username changed before this announcement, will still be abiding by the policy in place beforehand (30 days as opposed to the 90).

If you have any questions please contact me or any other in-game staff member :)

-Snow

* For Forum Name Changes, please post here. *

Last edited:

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
A lovely change to the rules! Quite a fan of them now. Good job, VMK mods; y'all have once again found new ways to gain even more respect from me! :)

Brandon

NFL Football Guru
Errr I kinda disagree with #3. I mean I haven't been banned, but to me they can just as easily make a new account if they really wanted to. So why not just allow a title change?

Brandon

NFL Football Guru
Errr I kinda disagree with #3. I mean I haven't been banned, but to me they can just as easily make a new account if they really wanted to. So why not just allow a title change?

If a user is a past scammer, a name change allows them to hide that fact and more easily continue scamming.

it's true they can just make a new account, but that'd be against clone rules so :P
There is still no win there. They could just grant a title change instead of them making another account. I've seen many make new accounts because of filters.

If a user is a past scammer, a name change allows them to hide that fact and more easily continue scamming.

it's true they can just make a new account, but that'd be against clone rules so :P
There is still no win there. They could just grant a title change instead of them making another account. I've seen many make new accounts because of filters.
The third rule is more from a moderation point of view and to make it easier for staff members.

If a player makes a new account(s) just to break the rules, they risk having their entire computer banned from playing MyVMK.

Status
Not open for further replies.