Credit earning for those not good at fireworks

Krista

I am not complaining, so read the entire post before replying.

I know that some of us are having a hard time earning credits with fireworks. Sometimes fireworks wont even show up for me. I personally believe either shells should be increased back to 25 atleast for the month of October, or the NPC's should give a higher amount of credits. I feel if you arent good at fireworks or cant dedicate hours to playing it, it will be very hard to buy everything you want.

I agree to a point- especially for those on laptops. I can't imagine how annoying that has to be.

However, I don't think shells at 25 are the way to go. It's too heavily based on internet connection. When I was in the Captain's Quest Quarters the other day, it was generally agreed that bat magic could be earned in about a half hour. That means that after the reduction to 10 credits, if the room is packed full of people, and you have a good internet connection, you can get 10,000 credits in about an hour and a half. That's still faster than fireworks is for nearly everyone.

I know that some of us are having a hard time earning credits with fireworks. Sometimes fireworks wont even show up for me. I personally believe either shells should be increased back to 25 atleast for the month of October, or the NPC's should give a higher amount of credits. I feel if you arent good at fireworks or cant dedicate hours to playing it, it will be very hard to buy everything you want.
I would agree with either option.

I was thinking this morning that it was kind of "unfortunate" that the game opened in October... One of the two most expensive times in VMK.

Krista

I agree to a point- especially for those on laptops. I can't imagine how annoying that has to be.

However, I don't think shells at 25 are the way to go. It's too heavily based on internet connection. When I was in the Captain's Quest Quarters the other day, it was generally agreed that bat magic could be earned in about a half hour. That means that after the reduction to 10 credits, if the room is packed full of people, and you have a good internet connection, you can get 10,000 credits in about an hour and a half. That's still faster than fireworks is for nearly everyone.
I agree, but there has to be an easier way to earn credits at the moment. Maybe increasing fireworks to what you make is what you earn until new games are out? But then people would be getting a ton of money. Even 1/2 would be ok.

When I was in the Captain's Quest Quarters the other day, it was generally agreed that bat magic could be earned in about a half hour. That means that after the reduction to 10 credits, if the room is packed full of people, and you have a good internet connection, you can get 10,000 credits in about an hour and a half. That's still faster than fireworks is for nearly everyone.
Wow. I wasn't this fortunate.

How is the name of Walt can you earn Bat Magic in an hour and a half by clamming? I was in for 2 hours this morning and was lucky to get about 1500...

I agree that something should be done. I don't have great internet connection, and I can barely move in Captain's Quest Quarters anymore. And then I'm terrible at fireworks, on top of time restrictions and limitations. I think NPCs should definitely be raised. 50 credits doesn't get me much. At least raise them until other games are out and there are other ways to get credits.

Shrimp

Not possible. I have 60mb+ internet connection and would get shells 5 in a row at a time, I didn't get more than 3,000 credits per hour I think. You have to be in there 3+ hours to get 10,000 credits.

10,000 credits in an hour and a half....? Yeah okay.

Anyway, I'm happy fireworks is finally here and I have been waiting for it, however I forgot how much I disliked it. There's too many levels imo. I'm not saying lower the amount of levels I just personally don't like it. Lol. I only got about 150 credits for 15 levels! I'm just not very good and I don't enjoy it anyway.

During the original VMK there was more than one game to play. With MVMK, there's only one. I don't even go on anymore because it's boring there's no games. Before I used to go on for shells and such but now since theyre only worth 10 it's not worth it to me....

With all of the clothing and Halloween stuff being released ontop of Bat Magic I definitely will not be able to get it all.. There's just not enough credits for me... :l

I definitely think they should raise the credit amount for shells. It's the only way I'm getting credits and it's taking forever!

A

Amplify

i'm someone who has a laptop... i'm lucky to get at least 150 credits on fireworks. i mean that's only the third time i've played it but HONESTLY i rather not spend an hour or so playing fireworks because i know it's just a lonnng game & once i get to the harder levels it's pretty much over for me haha

i think we need more NPCs and shells should be increased to 25 credits. at least until POTC comes or haunted mansion..etc. I mean fireworks, you really have to study and practice to obtain the credits you want to achieve. unfortunately i don't have the time to do that & i'm sure other players are in the same position... shells would be awesome if they would go up to 25 credits.

While I do agree that things seem to be coming and going from the market far too quickly (something I've been warning against since before the game opened), I do believe that credits earnings should be predominantly skill based (ie, fireworks, clams, etc). This is for 2 reasons: 1. To provide a motivation to play and improve at the mini games. and 2. To still provide value to buyable items.

If credits are just going to be handed out from NPC's as they were in the beginning, then they might as well just skip the middleman and drop the items right in your inventory.

Shrimp

While I do agree that things seem to be coming and going from the market far too quickly (something I've been warning against since before the game opened), I do believe that credits earnings should be predominantly skill based (ie, fireworks, clams, etc). This is for 2 reasons: 1. To provide a motivation to play and improve at the mini games. and 2. To still provide value to buyable items.

If credits are just going to be handed out from NPC's as they were in the beginning, then they might as well just skip the middleman and drop the items right in your inventory.
Even when that was going on, people were complaining about not being able to earn enough credits. There was just a huge gap between "poor" (who just simply relied on the NPCs and didn't bother with the shells) and the "rich" (who played hours of shells as well as collected the NPCs). Then Fireworks is released and some people are blaming the system for giving such low amounts of credits. The game will never be satisfying to people.

I wonder if increasing the clams back to 25 credits would increase its demand. Only one out of the six instances are currently full. Maybe it'll be two instances when kids get released from school.

Tink

Completely agree here. If you're on a laptop, it's best to buy a mouse. I can't see being able to play the other mini games well without a mouse anyway, even shells. You're going to have to pick and choose the items you really want, rather than be able to buy them all, and that's just how it is. The players who practice the games and play well are rewarded by the time they put in.

Baka

Not possible. I have 60mb+ internet connection and would get shells 5 in a row at a time, I didn't get more than 3,000 credits per hour I think. You have to be in there 3+ hours to get 10,000 credits.
In one night, I worked at Clams from 11pm - 4am, and got about 45,000 credits. While it's not impossible, it's still an incredible amount of work to get that many credits.

InaDaze

The Confused One.

Those reasons right there. I'm sorry that you may be busy and don't have the time to play fireworks but people shouldn't be able to have everything and hopefully when more NPC's are released the same 50 credits will be available. I'm also very busy and work my time to be able to play a couple games of fireworks each day. I'm getting a little better with each game and yes it does frustrate me that it has some issues but it's the only game we have right now. Everyone must be able to adapt to changes in an economy. This one lowers the amount of credits many people were earning due to the inflation brought on by the shells.

Let me point out some simple things that was said before the game was open by most players that I thought wasn't the best things to do for this game. 1. Many wanted there to be rares. 2. Many wanted to be able to trade immediately. 3. Many wanted an economy to be forced upon this game. I personally rejected these ideas. You can't force an economy to start the game and that's why many of you are asking for there to either be more or less credits in the game. Everyone feels like they need to own everything but what no one seems to remember is that you never had everything in VMK. I started at Christmas 2005 on VMK and worked my way up to have many of the desirable items in VMK and I know many others did too. My point here is: You can't have it all. You need to trade for it. I keep seeing people say that much of the fun they will have in this game is through trading. So why not think ahead and start planning out items for which you want to trade for when they are retired? You don't have to worry about credits then. If you can be patient with waiting to trade for something then you can also be patient in waiting for more ways to earn credits or waiting for the fireworks game to get certain bugs fixed that I know are really lowering scores...

I totally agree with this. We need more ways to earn, not less. :)

GhostHostess

Ghosts... and stuff.
I'm also struggling with credits. Simply because I have a laptop and fireworks is near impossible on my set up. I think if we get all the NPCs going that should help a little bit. Maybe spread the shell game to other rooms as well? That will help the mass amount of people that causes the lagging in the game.

You mean so you guys can get brokenly good amounts of credits? No thanks. People seem perfectly content with 10 per shell last time I checked out the room. I prefer credits having some semblance of value, and actually being impressed by the work that went into getting 5 star bat magic.. NPCs making cloning too useful.