DCP Phone Interview

emily1313

Hi all! I plan on applying for the DCP for next fall since i graduate next May. If any of you have done the phone interview at all when applying for the DCP, what was it like? Are they very strict about it? I am terrible with interviews. I can study, study and study but once i get on the phone with them my mind goes BLANK like literally and i forget everything and get so nervous. Obviously i am going to try and prepare myself better before i do this lol but if anyone has some tips or would like to share their experiences with me , id appreciate it! :)

Jorash

Hey there! The phone interview is super nerve wracking at first, but the recruiters are so so so so nice! Most of them have done the DCP before so they know what it's like to be in your shoes and they try to put you at ease. If you're unsure of how to answer a question they really try to steer you in the right direction to help you as much as you can. Also...smile!!!! They can hear the smile in your voice so that's very important, and be yourself! I'm a huge extrovert and I love talking and I made my interviewer laugh so hard when I told her she could tell me to be quiet if I talked too much, but she loved that because it told her what kind of person I am. If you haven't experienced something before, just say I haven't experienced it before but if I were in that situation I would.....

But even though they are pretty structured, they are super laid back. Just be yourself and know that the person on the other end is just a person and has only your best interest in mind. Also look up possible interview questions online, they're all pretty standard and I didn't have any curve balls. Also do practice interviews with parents/friends/teachers, people who can give you advice :)

I graduate in a few months so I was super scared when interviewing because I didn't want to mess up, but trust me they keep your best interest in mind! Good luck to you in the future and message me if you ever need any help or advice :)

emily1313

Hey there! The phone interview is super nerve wracking at first, but the recruiters are so so so so nice! Most of them have done the DCP before so they know what it's like to be in your shoes and they try to put you at ease. If you're unsure of how to answer a question they really try to steer you in the right direction to help you as much as you can. Also...smile!!!! They can hear the smile in your voice so that's very important, and be yourself! I'm a huge extrovert and I love talking and I made my interviewer laugh so hard when I told her she could tell me to be quiet if I talked too much, but she loved that because it told her what kind of person I am. If you haven't experienced something before, just say I haven't experienced it before but if I were in that situation I would.....

But even though they are pretty structured, they are super laid back. Just be yourself and know that the person on the other end is just a person and has only your best interest in mind. Also look up possible interview questions online, they're all pretty standard and I didn't have any curve balls. Also do practice interviews with parents/friends/teachers, people who can give you advice :)

I graduate in a few months so I was super scared when interviewing because I didn't want to mess up, but trust me they keep your best interest in mind! Good luck to you in the future and message me if you ever need any help or advice :)
Thank you so much! That made me feel a lot better haha I will keep in touch if I have more questions! Thanks, i'm so excited :)

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
be yourself

Jorash

@emily1313 good luck to you!!! I'm also starting a blog that talks about everything I've done so far with the whole process so PM me if you want a link to it :)

I did 2 college programs and one PI. Now I'm full time with the company. Be confident, speak clearly, smile, and literally just have fun. It's supposed to be fun, not nerve-wracking! Show your true colors and they'll love you. Be honest