Design an Ornament Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho, ho, ho! Santa here with a new forum contest! We all love to decorate our tree during the holiday times with colorful ornaments! My elves were too busy this year making toys, so I need your help! The task is simple; I just need wonderful Christmas ornaments to help decorate my Christmas tree! Who knows, I may even have a surprise for my favorite ones! I can’t wait to see the beautiful creations from the third MyVMK Forums contest, Design an Ornament!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This contest will last from December 5th till December 27th . Ornaments will not be accepted after 11:59 PM EST on December 27th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTER-FRIENDLY ORNAMENT
CLICK HERE FOR DIGITAL DESIGN-FRIENDLY ORNAMENT

GUIDELINES
You must use the provided template for your entry.
You may use any type of media (traditional or digital).
All entries must consist of your
own work. Art theft will result in immediate disqualification.
All entries must follow the
MyVMK Forum Rules .
Only one entry per user is allowed.
To ensure anonymity and fairness during the voting process, please do not put your name anywhere on the entry image.
Be
creative and have fun! We look forward to seeing some great patterns, images, and designs!
We ask that only hand-drawn or digital artwork to be submitted, no real ornaments!
You may only use Disney images in your ornament submission. Characters or artwork from other sources must be recreated.

We ask that you do not post your ornament anywhere on the forums until after the winners are announced on December 31st.
We ask that you stay inside the lines for this competition, as Santa may have an idea up his sleeve!

How Do I Submit My Entry?
To submit your ornament, [LINK REMOVED], and create a new thread.
By submitting your ornament you give all rights to MyVMK forums and allow them to post your ornament anywhere on the site.
Make sure to include your image in your post (upload to www.imgur.com and use the link for ease).
Do not submit entries on this thread. They will only be accepted in the forum linked above.
All new threads will be private, so you can be assured your entries are private during the contest time.

Judging and Voting.
After the entry deadline has passed, MyVMK Forum staff members will review all entries and choose the
Top 10.
The Top 10 entries will be anonymously displayed in a new thread, along with a poll.
Users will be allowed to vote until December 30, and winners will be announced on December 31st.

Prizes
1st place- In-game code for 30,000 credits
2nd place- In-game code for 20,000 credits
3rd place- In-game code for 10,000 credits

Any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post below or PM a forums staff member. Good luck, and Happy Holidays!

:eee: :art: Good luck to everyone! I'm so excited for this one! :D

Even though it says that you ask that we stay inside the lines, does that mean we have to?
If so, I'll have to re do mine .-.
Also, since the line thing was mentioned, does the background have to be transparent?
If so, I'll have to re do that also. xD

Am not making the mistake I did in October by procrastinating. So instead I'm staying up way too late for someone who has to be up by 8. [DOUBLEPOST=1417840417][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even though it says that you ask that we stay inside the lines, does that mean we have to?
Also, since the line thing was mentioned, does the background have to be transparent?
If we have to stay in the lines then I have to too though what's on the outside doesn't actually affect the inside, so if Santa's photoshoping it should be really easy to get rid of. I really don't wanna have to redo this because then I have to get a light box because I can't redo what I just did inside the ornament very easily .-. I'm 2 hours in and I really just don't want to have to do this again.

Last edited:
Am not making the mistake I did in October by procrastinating. So instead I'm staying up way too late for someone who has to be up by 8. [DOUBLEPOST=1417840417][/DOUBLEPOST]
If we have to stay in the lines then I have to too though what's on the outside doesn't actually affect the inside, so if Santa's photoshoping it should be really easy to get rid of. I really don't wanna have to redo this because then I have to get a light box because I can't redo what I just did inside the ornament very easily .-. I'm 2 hours in and I really just don't want to have to do this again.
Just an easy trick i wanna share with you. If you use magic wand on the outside of the actual ornament layer then click on w/e layer has the BG thats outside the lines it'll remove it for you. :) thats what i always do ^_^

Hi guys :)
We ask that you stay inside the lines. If you have a background, we ask that it is a solid color. Sorry!

We ask that you stay inside the lines. If you have a background, we ask that it is a solid color. Sorry!
Can I send you what I did and ask if it's okay?[DOUBLEPOST=1417914912][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just an easy trick i wanna share with you. If you use magic wand on the outside of the actual ornament layer then click on w/e layer has the BG thats outside the lines it'll remove it for you. :) thats what i always do ^_^
Mine is hand drawn and I don't have the ability to just print out the template and redo it. I don't have a printer and had to do it by hand.

Thank you! :)
Does that also mean no drop shadow? Even if the background is transparent? Curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.