Disney-related School Projects

As I sit here for month 3 of researching and stressing and writing about and stressing and making a presentation about the sustainable practices of the Walt Disney Company (which is really quite interesting, and VERY available for public viewing), I wonder- Have any of my fellow Disnerds done a project on something Disney?

This isn't my first Disney project. I've done an informative speech about Walt Disney's life history in high school public speaking, and it wasn't very hard (only like a 5 minute speech). I always find that it's better to research something you care about, since it makes it more enjoyable. In a college course on Ecotourism, mainly centered around small businesses with extreme sustainable practices, it was kind of hard for me to find a topic. But then Disney had a speaker at a conference my professor attended and she was like, so excited about what they're doing so I figured I'd try that. My project proposal was approved and so here I am three months later, with 2 weeks to go, 8 pages in to the 12 page paper and trying not to think too hard about the 15 minute presentation I haven't started I have to give, when I'll probably end up rambling on and on and on about how AWESOME the WDC is!

So, please make me feel less weird for doing research on Disney by telling me about what you have done!

P.S. - If any of you DCP's have any inside info on Animals, Science, and Environment stuff (preferably on Kilimanjaro Safaris) that'd be awesome.

As I sit here for month 3 of researching and stressing and writing about and stressing and making a presentation about the sustainable practices of the Walt Disney Company (which is really quite interesting, and VERY available for public viewing), I wonder- Have any of my fellow Disnerds done a project on something Disney?

This isn't my first Disney project. I've done an informative speech about Walt Disney's life history in high school public speaking, and it wasn't very hard (only like a 5 minute speech). I always find that it's better to research something you care about, since it makes it more enjoyable. In a college course on Ecotourism, mainly centered around small businesses with extreme sustainable practices, it was kind of hard for me to find a topic. But then Disney had a speaker at a conference my professor attended and she was like, so excited about what they're doing so I figured I'd try that. My project proposal was approved and so here I am three months later, with 2 weeks to go, 8 pages in to the 12 page paper and trying not to think too hard about the 15 minute presentation I haven't started I have to give, when I'll probably end up rambling on and on and on about how AWESOME the WDC is!

So, please make me feel less weird for doing research on Disney by telling me about what you have done!

P.S. - If any of you DCP's have any inside info on Animals, Science, and Environment stuff (preferably on Kilimanjaro Safaris) that'd be awesome.
I have done a project on Walt Disney's life back in 4th grade but that is all I can remember so far. Where did you find the information that you are using for your project? It would be cool to read!

4th grade we had to do a research project on our favorite person in history. Naturally I picked Walt Disney. Teacher made us dress up as our person and give a short speech to the parents and faculty.

11th grade we were assigned a history project on the person of our choosing for Honors English. We had to research their biography, read it and present on it. The presentation had to be in the form of a time capsule. Once again I picked Walt Disney

Freshman year of college I had to take a public speaking class. For our assignment, we needed to give a speech on a historical figure or person of our choosing. Since I've already known so much about Walt Disney I decided to speak about him again.

Clearly I have an obsession with Walt Disney. No shame though...:M:P:

Neda

I've done little things, like in 9th grade, I had to write an essay on a time I went on an adventure(could be real or fake) and it ended up being the most bizarre thing I've written lol, like I was saying that I went on three wild adventures: I was trapped in a broken elevator/spooky hotel, climbed Mount Everest, and went into space and then ended the essay saying, "boy, the rides at Disney World sure were fun." It was super random, but at the time, I thought I was being so clever by trying to sneak in me talking about my trip to Disney World instead of doing the actual essay and the person grading it wouldn't figure that out until the end lol

When I was in 10th grade, I had to make a powerpoint presentation on any topic and I chose the Walt Disney Company, I was obsessed with how it turned out. The intro I used was the intro Disney uses for all their newer movies with the castle but I found a tutorial online that showed me how to edit the text and I changed it to say, "The Walt Disney Company by -my name-" instead of what it usually says, so that was legit.
It was the video too, not just a picture, so the animation of my title and name coming down made it super legit and I was so impressed with myself haha
powerpoint.png
There was also this one song mix I found that covered half of the presentation and I was blown away by how well it fit with the specific slides. I spent too much time designing it but I ended up winning first place for the best presentation that year so that was pretty cool.

Recently, I was going to write an informative speech about Walt Disney's success but then I encountered issues so I had to choose a boring topic that related to my peers more instead.

I'm doing an extra credit assignment (that I'm going to submit soon) video about Disney and what the movies truley represent and what children get from it. I'm doing this for my Anthropology class. I can give you the link the the 51 minute long video if you want to see it. I skimmed some of it though, too long XD

I have done a project on Walt Disney's life back in 4th grade but that is all I can remember so far. Where did you find the information that you are using for your project? It would be cool to read!
It's right on Disney's website! Once everything is done and graded I might put it up for y'all to read if there's interest.

I'm doing an extra credit assignment (that I'm going to submit soon) video about Disney and what the movies truley represent and what children get from it. I'm doing this for my Anthropology class. I can give you the link the the 51 minute long video if you want to see it. I skimmed some of it though, too long XD
I'd love to see it!! I think the meanings behind the movies are so fascinating.

It's right on Disney's website! Once everything is done and graded I might put it up for y'all to read if there's interest.

I'd love to see it!! I think the meanings behind the movies are so fascinating.
I would love to read it! I love anything Disney like and to see the behind the scenes to see how it is run!
I also love seeing the hidden messages in the movies so I would love to watch the link!

Once my paper is graded I'll put it up! It's been really busy this past month, and the presentation went really well! I even got to wear my Minnie ears :aww:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk