Do you think children belong at....

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
A concert? (not talking about concerts made for kids obviously)

Time and time again, I've seen children at venues (granted an all age’s venue) where their parents bring them OR drop them off to shows they really shouldn't be at. ( The Venue for booking it and parents to blame I think). You have idiots getting too drunk and bumping into kids, mosh pits where kids get injured, getting kicked by crowd surfers etc. Not to mention I saw a front man cussing right in front of a 6 year old after bringing him up on stage...a few weeks ago. ...AND then the CROWD actually cheered about how "cool" his parents must be to let him go to shows while he's cussing..I mean dude...really... NO, IT'S NOT COOL to cuss in front of children just because you simply can or injure them in a pit. While I'm looking around thinking what the [heck] is wrong with you people...and shaking my head.... Yeah...ok I get it...., it's a band you like but that doesn't mean he or she is in the right. Some lines you shouldn't cross and even musicians should know that. I find it very disappointing when human beings can't be decent role models for the next generation of their fans growing up...and if your parent and you know the band has some explicit content ...you shouldn't let them be there in the first place! Now I'm sure a "Disney" concert is different at WDW for example and intended for all but I'm starting to wonder if some parents just don't care how their kids grow up when you start seeing this kind of trend starting to happen with human beings. Meanwhile, all those venues seem to care about is making an extra buck....pathetic. IT IS YOUR JOB, as an adult to PROTECT any children from physical harm coming to them. Annoys me when people in this world lose sight of that fact and personal responsibility. I really don't care if the parent likes it or not when I tell them they shouldn't bring their kids to an environment like that. Don't be selfish. If you cant find a babysitter or an alternate means to go. It's not about you. Your responsibility lies in more than one person then, not just yourself. I don't understand how some human beings can't get through their minds. If your a parent and reading this AND you let your kids go to these type of shows, maybe you can explain the thinking behind it to me because I just don't see why you people do it??? I've yet to meet anyone that does this and be able to explain this selfish act to me. I don't care if it makes a stranger mad either. Maybe then they will think about it.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents are legally and morally obligated to take care of their children. I just think there are people who don't even deserve to be called parents because they lack common sense to realize that their kids should come first since they brought them into this world. Not only should parents be able fulfill the basic needs for their kids, but also nurture them into becoming better people. It's nature's process for offspring to develop and grow to surpass their parents and past generations. How are kids supposed to do that without a nurturing environment. It's even harder for kids to grow up without the true care and support of parents.

Unfortunately there are just straight up crappy parents who I don't understand why they bothered having kids in the first place if they won't own up to their responsibility. When you have kids, the way I see it your time left is totally devoted to them until they can take care of themselves. Just plain irresponsible to bring kids into a potentially dangerous environment especially at chaotic concerts. If they do that, it seems like they don't even care for the kids at all.

As for directly commenting to parents whether they should not bring their kids there and that they can get hurt, I think it's justified to do that at an appropriate time and situation as a concerned citizen.

This situation relates in a way although in a different setting where kids are allowed to be at: so there were parents who brought their kid to a movie, he started crying. Loud...For a good while, maybe a couple minutes or so. We couldn't hear anything going on. The thing is obviously first the kid needs his needs addressed whatever they may be. Second the parents should leave the theater so their kid doesn't disrupt the movie anymore. So it was during the good part of TS3 lol this was awhile ago (my friend insisted on watching it, paying extra for 3D...) when this kid keeps on wailing. Of course, a lot of people were annoyed not being able to watch the movie. The parents were sitting near us eventually my friend kinda snapped and said can you please leave with your kid people are trying to watch a movie? They got mad of course, but after awhile of having your kid crying and despite the movie you paid for, don't you think your kid is more important than missing a movie? Obviously he needs something and it's just plain irresponsible to ignore that, watch the movie like it's ok to not respect the rest of the people in the theater trying to watch the movie. I kinda got mad at my friend for saying that at first because it seemed kinda rude how she said it because she was ************ lol she could have been calmer, but in retrospect the parents should've have had the common sense after a couple minutes of their kid ruining the movie for everyone else to leave already and come back when things are settled. To be honest, think everyone in the theater although they understand yeah a kid will be a kid...was like yeah finally... for the parents and kid to leave to enjoy the movie in peace.

All in all, parents just have to put their kids first. I know it's hard work, but you gotta do what you gotta do *shrug* Pray for people who just lack the common sense though...can't really do anything about it even if they're told straight up something's wrong because the communication is down/fuzzy on the receiving end of the message *shrug* There are just people who are too stubborn or arrogant to at least try, listen and understand reason. I guess because they just grew up that way to get their own way all the time or never learned better, and thus the never-ending cycle of idiots in society continues lol but I like to stay optimistic and say at least the good balances out the bad? I guess. Anyway I'm so thankful for my parents, strict as they were...I turned out alright to say the least. I think sometimes kids can figure it out for themselves even if they have bad parents they'll find their own path and role models, just takes more time and rough patches. Ideally if people just assume the role of being a parent and just do it, eventually it should just come naturally with time to do right by your kids. Just be responsible and try to care and remember you're raising the next generation. Guess it's easier said than done though. Parenting should be a privilege.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
^ great input

I'm curious, what is TS3? I'm wondering if these parents brought their child to a 'bad' movie as well?

I love horror movies for example of course but that doesn't mean I'm going to bring an 8 year old to watch it even if he/she doesn't cry...you'll probably still end up giving them nightmares or something

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Parents are legally and morally obligated to take care of their children. I just think there are people who don't even deserve to be called parents because they lack common sense to realize that their kids should come first since they brought them into this world. Not only should parents be able fulfill the basic needs for their kids, but also nurture them into becoming better people. It's nature's process for offspring to develop and grow to surpass their parents and past generations. How are kids supposed to do that without a nurturing environment. It's even harder for kids to grow up without the true care and support of parents.

Unfortunately there are just straight up crappy parents who I don't understand why they bothered having kids in the first place if they won't own up to their responsibility. When you have kids, the way I see it your time left is totally devoted to them until they can take care of themselves. Just plain irresponsible to bring kids into a potentially dangerous environment especially at chaotic concerts. If they do that, it seems like they don't even care for the kids at all.

As for directly commenting to parents whether they should not bring their kids there and that they can get hurt, I think it's justified to do that at an appropriate time and situation as a concerned citizen.

This situation relates in a way although in a different setting where kids are allowed to be at: so there were parents who brought their kid to a movie, he started crying. Loud...For a good while, maybe a couple minutes or so. We couldn't hear anything going on. The thing is obviously first the kid needs his needs addressed whatever they may be. Second the parents should leave the theater so their kid doesn't disrupt the movie anymore. So it was during the good part of TS3 lol this was awhile ago (my friend insisted on watching it, paying extra for 3D...) when this kid keeps on wailing. Of course, a lot of people were annoyed not being able to watch the movie. The parents were sitting near us eventually my friend kinda snapped and said can you please leave with your kid people are trying to watch a movie? They got mad of course, but after awhile of having your kid crying and despite the movie you paid for, don't you think your kid is more important than missing a movie? Obviously he needs something and it's just plain irresponsible to ignore that, watch the movie like it's ok to not respect the rest of the people in the theater trying to watch the movie. I kinda got mad at my friend for saying that at first because it seemed kinda rude how she said it because she was ************ lol she could have been calmer, but in retrospect the parents should've have had the common sense after a couple minutes of their kid ruining the movie for everyone else to leave already and come back when things are settled. To be honest, think everyone in the theater although they understand yeah a kid will be a kid...was like yeah finally... for the parents and kid to leave to enjoy the movie in peace.

All in all, parents just have to put their kids first. I know it's hard work, but you gotta do what you gotta do *shrug* Pray for people who just lack the common sense though...can't really do anything about it even if they're told straight up something's wrong because the communication is down/fuzzy on the receiving end of the message *shrug* There are just people who are too stubborn or arrogant to at least try, listen and understand reason. I guess because they just grew up that way to get their own way all the time or never learned better, and thus the never-ending cycle of idiots in society continues lol but I like to stay optimistic and say at least the good balances out the bad? I guess. Anyway I'm so thankful for my parents, strict as they were...I turned out alright to say the least. I think sometimes kids can figure it out for themselves even if they have bad parents they'll find their own path and role models, just takes more time and rough patches. Ideally if people just assume the role of being a parent and just do it, eventually it should just come naturally with time to do right by your kids. Just be responsible and try to care and remember you're raising the next generation. Guess it's easier said than done though. Parenting should be a privilege.
This covers everything I was just about to say. There are parents who do lack an actual common sense and don't care what their child is exposed to. But I think there should be an age restriction depending on who the artist is. Kids under 13 shouldn't be permitted to go to concerts where the audience of the artist is a much older group and way above their level. It's the same as taking your child to see an R rated or PG-13 movie, minus the drunks walking around. They're still exposed to the cursing and the inappropriate content when they shouldn't be. If you wouldn't take your child to see an R/PG-13 movie then why would you take them to a loud concert where they could be mentally affected? All I gotta say is if you're going to be a parent at least be responsible for your child and don't expose them to things they shouldn't be exposed to, especially at such a young age. They don't need to hear swear words, because they think it's okay to repeat them, hearing someone else say them freely. Unfortunately we live in a world where idiotic parents exist, and nothing can be done about it.

Last edited:

acebatonfan

This covers everything I was just about to say. There are parents who do lack an actual common sense and don't care what their child is exposed to. But I think there should be an age restriction depending on who the artist is. Kids under 13 shouldn't be permitted to go to concerts where the audience of the artist is a much older group and way above their level. It's the same as taking your child to see an R rated or PG-13 movie, minus the drunks walking around. They're still exposed to the cursing and the inappropriate content when they shouldn't be. If you wouldn't take your child to see an R/PG-13 movie then why would you take them to a loud concert where they could be mentally affected? All I gotta say is if you're going to be a parent at least be responsible for your child and don't expose them to things they shouldn't be exposed to, especially at such a young age. They don't need to hear swear words, because they think it's okay to repeat them, hearing someone else say them freely. Unfortunately we live in a world where idiotic parents exist, and nothing can be done about it.
This response reminds me of a news story a few weeks ago. A young mother brought her infant child to a rock concert (in the pit also) and began feeding her child. The venue noticed the child and told the mother to leave to prevent the loud music from damaging the child's ears. She believed it was from her feeding the child, and she contacted the news station because of it.

Unfortunately, some people are stupid. At the very least, they should not be subjecting their children to something that could damage their hearing (rock concerts average at 115 dB) when that child does not understand the risks of going to that concert.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think it's the duty of a parent to make sure that their children of ALL ages are in safe environments. If you're letting your 6 year old child attend a rock concert where they will be subjected to profanity, often times violence, and illegal substances, then that is a major problem. And a step further, different age groups psychologically can only handle certain settings at different stages of their lives. If you place children in environments they aren't ready for yet, it can often times cause permanent psychological damage.

Even as kids get older (16 or 17) I see parents allowing their kids to go to concerts that aren't appropriate for their age groups (when it comes to the environment). Teens are fragile at that age in the sense that they are more inclined to make rash and stupid decisions based on the popularity of it rather than thinking about how wise that choice is. And not to notice, it's very easy to take advantage of people in a populated setting and I've heard numerous horrific stories from friends in real life who have had unpleasent concert going experiences.

Overall, parents need to do a better job at supervising their children. This doesn't go to all parents because there a lot of people who are doing a fantastic job. But then you have people like the ones in the story you mentioned who are letting the 6 year olds be cursed at by a grown man.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I think it's the duty of a parent to make sure that their children of ALL ages are in safe environments. If you're letting your 6 year old child attend a rock concert where they will be subjected to profanity, often times violence, and illegal substances, then that is a major problem. And a step further, different age groups psychologically can only handle certain settings at different stages of their lives. If you place children in environments they aren't ready for yet, it can often times cause permanent psychological damage.

Even as kids get older (16 or 17) I see parents allowing their kids to go to concerts that aren't appropriate for their age groups (when it comes to the environment). Teens are fragile at that age in the sense that they are more inclined to make rash and stupid decisions based on the popularity of it rather than thinking about how wise that choice is. And not to notice, it's very easy to take advantage of people in a populated setting and I've heard numerous horrific stories from friends in real life who have had unpleasent concert going experiences.

Overall, parents need to do a better job at supervising their children. This doesn't go to all parents because there a lot of people who are doing a fantastic job. But then you have people like the ones in the story you mentioned who are letting the 6 year olds be cursed at by a grown man.

Oh for sure, it isn't right and these guys should know better, esp. being a musician they like and look up to etc...and to take it a step further. Some people actually don't understand when you say you like someones music but you don't like them as an individual. Just because you'd listen to them, doesn't mean you'd hang out with them like a "buddy". I find it funny when people say things like "oh you can't be serious ??...I'd hang out with them, their music is awesome." In many cases people have the wrong perception of musicians. You don't know that person behind the scenes unless you really know them off stage. Some that I've spoken to I'd hang with and some I wouldn't after talking to them for a while. That doesn't mean I don't like their music though. When it comes right down to it, they are just another being living in this world. The same could be said of celebrities etc. Just because you like some of their movies, doesn't mean you'd hang with or like them as a person or something...lol. I've seen people that 'force' themselves into thinking they'd get along just because they like their movies or music as odd as that sounds...

This response reminds me of a news story a few weeks ago. A young mother brought her infant child to a rock concert (in the pit also) and began feeding her child. The venue noticed the child and told the mother to leave to prevent the loud music from damaging the child's ears. She believed it was from her feeding the child, and she contacted the news station because of it.

Unfortunately, some people are stupid. At the very least, they should not be subjecting their children to something that could damage their hearing (rock concerts average at 115 dB) when that child does not understand the risks of going to that concert.

Holy cow...an infant ....I'm assuming we're talking a baby ( probably can’t say the word )feeding here. That is something I've never seen at a show regardless for the reason being there. I would think in that case, any front man singing would stop and refuse to play. I'm sure they would try to say that band is being "discriminatory towards me" but I know if it were me I'd stop playing and refuse to do the show. It's bad enough you see a 5 or 6 yr. old but an infant being fed...a baby like that...come on..even if it wasn't harmful to a child's ears and were irrelevant, I for one would refuse to play either way and if they wanted to "sue me" or demand their money back...or whatever I wouldn't care. That's just principal and saying "hey lady...you need to prioritize and take care of that precious life you hold". You know....kind of reminds me of how some human beings are when another makes the choice to save their life no matter what it takes....

A man needs CPR before medics can arrive and you end up breaking a rib or two while attempting to save his life (has happened to me once, you'd be surprised how easy it is to break on accident while performing CPR probably)...and he sues you...heh.....FACT - he cannot breathe...therefore he cannot respond to give his freedom of choice (yes, save me...or NO don't give me CPR). If I break your ribs trying to save your life, "be grateful not hateful". Needless to say, he didn't win "easy money" from me...heh. Point is, many human beings lack an understanding of the "big picture" it seems to me and this is just another example from what I've seen. I do think there are of course people who appreciate and cherish life but to me this is just....greed and selfishness and valuing that even over your own life.

Last edited: