Dream suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whispered

Don't announce the times. Have HOSTs randomly come on, when they want, and use the random program for however long they want. Give them a limit if it becomes an issue (say, no more than 30 minutes at one time, no more than 50 runs of the program per day or similar).

That way it's truly "play the game and you have a chance". Not "get on at these times, and wait in a room"

MissCutieG

not a junior member
It's a good idea, but I feel like there would be a few issues. my only suggestion is that there would be more diverse times. i know a lot of people have obligations during the set times

Exodus

No, this is a TERRIBLE idea.

I and MANY others in this game have work, classes, and other things and having SET times help me build around my schedule to see if I can fit in some of these events. Honestly the suggestion you're making is only possible for those who continuously are able to play the game 24/7. Not many of us can do that. Many of us only have time to go on PARTICULARLY for the host events since we can plan ahead. I think everything is going great and smoothly. Don't try to fix the unbroken.

Addition: I'm all for hosts going around out of their own time and randomly distributing more prizes out of the blue outside the fixed times to cater to "play the game and you have a chance," but I'm honestly thankful and appreciate the set times.

Last edited:

Whispered

No, this is a TERRIBLE idea.

I and MANY others in this game have work, classes, and other things and having SET times help me build around my schedule to see if I can fit in some of these events. Honestly the suggestion you're making is only possible for those who continuously are able to play the game 24/7. Not many of us can do that. Many of us only have time to go on PARTICULARLY for the host events since we can plan ahead. I think everything is going great and smoothly. Don't try to fix the unbroken.
It wouldn't be the same times every day. It'd be when the HOSTs want. Let's say Cell wants to come on (or can come on) from 3-3:30 one day. The next, it may be 9-10 AM. It provides more diverse times.

Dreams month was never meant to be this structured in the original VMK. Furthermore, the game does not revolve around any one person's schedule, and, frankly, I've seen more complaints of "I can't make the current times at all" than I have seen "The current times are great and the only ones that fit in my schedule!" For people who the current times don't work for them, this would give them a chance to get a prize when they're playing the game.

Lastly, you shouldn't be getting on particularly for the host events. Again, that's not the purpose of dreams month. The dreams month is supposed to be a month that rewards players for playing the game as normal - not rewarding those who get on during pre-published times just for the events. If you don't like this, tough. It's how it's supposed to be. Staff have said before that it's supposed to be "play like normal", and not announcing the times would both give more people a chance to get a prize, as well as making people play the game more, as they won't know when they'll be on.

I think this would be great because then you kinda actually get a chance to go in a room but then I'd spend like 5 hours waiting for a host to come by and then people would start complaining.. blah blah

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
I do like the idea of having the events at random times it makes it more interesting,
maybe they could both do scheduled times and just random events? (:

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I do not like this idea. I'm glad things weren't set up like this in the first place.
Having set times helps keep the event organized. I am not going to spend my entire day online hoping for items. That's worse than waiting for two hours hoping for items.

eh.. i have some things to say about this
1) i'm not a very /active/ person on myvmk. yes, i may get on, but i usually go in the top room and go afk. if i'm in a conversation, then i'll stay on tab, but if not, i really don't care.
2) in these events, sure.. we may all go to a room, but so? i mean.. every room i've been into has been really active.. everyone talking, especially me. i don't want to miss the host, so i'm an active talker during these events, and i think the events how they are are the only way i do get in deep conversations
3) if hosts randomly got on and did the same generator, chances are they would only be getting a few rooms - the private rooms and the 2 rooms that are usually active, which being captain quest's quarters and fantasyland courtyard

Whispered

I do not like this idea. I'm glad things weren't set up like this in the first place.
Having set times helps keep the event organized. I am not going to spend my entire day online hoping for items. That's worse than waiting for two hours hoping for items.
The point of the event is not to "hope for items". The point of the event is to reward those who are playing normally.

Exodus

It wouldn't be the same times every day. It'd be when the HOSTs want. Let's say Cell wants to come on (or can come on) from 3-3:30 one day. The next, it may be 9-10 AM. It provides more diverse times.

Dreams month was never meant to be this structured in the original VMK. Furthermore, the game does not revolve around any one person's schedule, and, frankly, I've seen more complaints of "I can't make the current times at all" than I have seen "The current times are great and the only ones that fit in my schedule!" For people who the current times don't work for them, this would give them a chance to get a prize when they're playing the game.

Lastly, you shouldn't be getting on particularly for the host events. Again, that's not the purpose of dreams month. The dreams month is supposed to be a month that rewards players for playing the game as normal - not rewarding those who get on during pre-published times just for the events. If you don't like this, tough. It's how it's supposed to be. Staff have said before that it's supposed to be "play like normal", and not announcing the times would both give more people a chance to get a prize, as well as making people play the game more, as they won't know when they'll be on.
Uhm. I'm pretty sure the current set times have already been set around hosts' personal schedules as not every host participates in each events. I just don't like your "Don't announce the times" suggestion. It would make things so much unorganized and messy.

"Dreams month was never meant to be this structured in the original VMK." People need to stop comparing it to the original. MyVMK is only borrowing ideas from the original, not trying to follow it exactly.

"Furthermore, the game does not revolve around any one person's schedule.." Exactly, therefore it just plain sucks if you can't make it to any of the given set times as they are announced ahead of time. It's impossible to cater to everyone in the game, but from the looks of how loaded the servers get during the current set times, it looks like at least 80% of the active players have gotten a chance to experience the events a couple of times.

"Lastly, you shouldn't be getting on particularly for the host events. Again, that's not the purpose of dreams month." I don't give a flip about the true purpose of dream months. If I have a life to cater to, I certainly as heck won't let some virtual game revolve around my schedule hence why I, as in individual, have chose to only get on during host events. I play the game as I please.

"If you don't like this, tough. It's how it's supposed to be." I personally like how things are going now, you're obviously the one who doesn't like how things are running right now and are suggesting changes.

Whispered

I am never loitering in public rooms while I play "normally"
They go to popular rooms, not just public rooms. If everyone was in private rooms, they'd go to private rooms. If you're in the top-of-the-list trade room, they'd have a chance of showing up.

i think what ur taking from what he said is a little bit harsh.
1) he said he can plan his schedule around the vmk host events, not that the vmk host events plan around him.
2) thing is, if they get on for 30 minutes, many people may move from room to room and miss the host. many might not be active and will get booted from the room, even if a host is in it.
3) i bolded what u said - honestly, that was kind of rude. you may not have meant to come off as rude, but it came out like that. he never said that in any sort of fashion. you're just twisting his words around. rest piggy backs off of #1
4) this is NOT original vmk. this is myvmk. it may not be like this in original vmk, but doesn't mean they can't do it the way they want in myvmk.
5) staff may have said "play like normal" but i'm sure we all know they knew it would turn out like this. as i said in my post before this reply, there would only be few rooms that were actually public, so less prizes would have been given than the amount that is being distributed right now.

Whispered

"Lastly, you shouldn't be getting on particularly for the host events. Again, that's not the purpose of dreams month." I don't give a flip about the true purpose of dream months. If I have a life to cater to, I certainly as heck won't let some virtual game revolve around my schedule hence why I, as in individual, have chose to only get on during host events. I play the game as I please.
And the game doesn't revolve around you and your wish that they be announced only for your personal gain. The point is not to "only get on during host events", the point is to reward those who are playing normally. You don't like that, don't participate in dreams month. Simple.

"If you don't like this, tough. It's how it's supposed to be." I personally like how things are going now, you're obviously the one who doesn't like how things are running right now and are suggesting changes.
Let me rephrase - if you don't like what the HOSTs have said it's supposed to be multiple times (reward those who are playing normally), don't participate. I'm merely offering suggestions on how to reach their goals, not setting their goals for them. They've already said that they a) want people to play normally, not loiter around solely for prizes, and b) are going to make changes.

and before anyone says that i'm being rude, i'm really not.
i do sorta like this idea, but you also have to think of the negative.
like some have said, i think it would be nice to do the planned events and maybe one or two random events each day.
[MENTION=2588]HOST_Celluloid[/MENTION] because we would be, LOL. some already do. i know people who wait an hour early in sci-fi to get in the room for even the planned events.

Whispered

i2) thing is, if they get on for 30 minutes, many people may move from room to room and miss the host. many might not be active and will get booted from the room, even if a host is in it.
It's not supposed to be "sit in one room and wait for a prize". If you aren't active, you aren't "playing normally" and the HOSTs don't want you to get a prize. If you aren't moving around, being social, enjoying the game, that's not playing normally. I'm not making this up, I'm just going off of what they said they want it to be.

3) i bolded what u said - honestly, that was kind of rude. you may not have meant to come off as rude, but it came out like that. he never said that in any sort of fashion. you're just twisting his words around. rest piggy backs off of #1
Was making a generality about this type of rebuttal to people asking for changes, not his response specifically.

4) this is NOT original vmk. this is myvmk. it may not be like this in original vmk, but doesn't mean they can't do it the way they want in myvmk.
They've said they want people to play normally.

5) staff may have said "play like normal" but i'm sure we all know they knew it would turn out like this. as i said in my post before this reply, there would only be few rooms that were actually public, so less prizes would have been given than the amount that is being distributed right now.
They go to private rooms too. If people were normally playing all in private rooms, they'd go to private rooms. If 20% of people were in public, 80% private, they'd go to public rooms about 20% of the time, and 80% private, due to simple randomness. They clearly do not want it like this, and I'm merely offering ways to fix it so it's the way they want it - if they didn't think of them. It is the "suggestions" forum, after all.

Also, in the original dreams month, HOSTs would be on all day while it was open (most days), and would spend time conversing with people in a room before and/or after giving prizes. You could say the HOSTs themselves were "playing normally". I know that won't work here, because people will cry favoritism, but less prizes won't necessarily be a bad thing.

Exodus

And the game doesn't revolve around you and your wish that they be announced only for your personal gain. The point is not to "only get on during host events", the point is to reward those who are playing normally. You don't like that, don't participate in dreams month. Simple.

Let me rephrase - if you don't like what the HOSTs have said it's supposed to be multiple times (reward those who are playing normally), don't participate. I'm merely offering suggestions on how to reach their goals, not setting their goals for them. They've already said that they a) want people to play normally, not loiter around solely for prizes, and b) are going to make changes.
"And the game doesn't revolve around you and your wish that they be announced only for your personal gain." Uhm when did I say this? I know the game doesn't revolve around me hence why I create my schedule around it. And I never said I wish for them to be announced for my personal gain? How is scheduling my real life around these host times come off as a personal gain? Yeah it's a SATISFACTION if I am actually able to make it to the events. But wow, can you not be so rude?

It's pretty pointless to discuss this with you.

Whispered

Why do I get the feeling if we did this, you guys would just be online 24/7.
I mean, that's their choice, and if they're being social and playing the game, isn't that what you guys want? lol.

----------

"And the game doesn't revolve around you and your wish that they be announced only for your personal gain." Uhm when did I say this? I know the game doesn't revolve around me hence why I create my schedule around it. And I never said I wish for them to be announced for my personal gain? How is scheduling my real life around these host times come off as a personal gain? Yeah it's a SATISFACTION if I am actually able to make it to the events. But wow, can you not be so rude?

It's pretty pointless to discuss this with you.
To be honest, you're kinda saying "I need them announced so I'm able to schedule my life around them" as your rebuttal as to why they need to be announced.

As I said, I'm not changing it - the HOSTs already said they want it to be people who play normally, and that they're changing it. So if you don't like their wish that people "play nomally" (something that requires people not sit on just during pre-announced times, that's not "normal"), take it up with them.

And tbh, if the only reason you think they should be announced is so you can be satisfied, that's personal gain. I'm not talking just items - I'm talking gain in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.