Dream suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodus

Downside - people are going to be selfish and be sad that they can't just hop on for 2 hours and sit in one room "talking" to people and playing "normally" to get prize.

Solution - don't give a flying flip, because these people aren't following the "play normally" rule to get a prize in the first place, so the HOSTs shouldn't be concerned that they can't get a prize as often.

Downside - Less prizes.

Solution - This isn't a downside to begin with.

And what part of what I've said do you think I don't believe?
Who are you to judge if players are currently not playing the game normally? As of today, guest rooms have been casually active during the event, certain public rooms do things such as games, cute or boot, shapes, etc to socialize. From YOUR point of view you see people standing around and doing nothing. How about next time you take a video of the room you're in to backup your example of "loitering around." Last I checked, simply standing in public rooms and socializing counts as playing the game normally.

Whispered

Who are you to judge if players are currently not playing the game normally? As of today, guest rooms have been casually active during the event, certain public rooms do things such as games, cute or boot, shapes, etc to socialize. From YOUR point of view you see people standing around and doing nothing. How about next time you take a video of the room you're in to backup your example of "loitering around." Last I checked, simply standing in public rooms and socializing counts as playing the game normally.
Clearly it isn't as the HOSTs are making changes. If the motive of a person being in the room is a prize, and not being social (it's just a time-killer), that's not normal.

exactly. it's just in a different location, which isn't a bad thing.. it actually populates the rooms that wouldn't have been popularized if the event wasn't a thing.

Exodus

Clearly it isn't as the HOSTs are making changes. If the motive of a person being in the room is a prize, and not being social (it's just a time-killer), that's not normal.
So now you're labeling majority of the player's motive for being in the rooms is for the prize and not to be social? Do you know how absurd you sound?

Whispered

"hosts say they want us to play normally"
ok we all know they said that
but u can't honestly think that people would actually do that
even if ur suggestion gets thru, doesn't mean ppl won't do the same thing they're doing anyways
once they find out that host is out, they'd go into a room and hide out just like they do now
so
honestly not resolving anything
plus they already planned the times and everything
they can't change that, lol
well they can, but not everything???
They can change anything they want at any time. And I can honestly think that if people didn't know when HOSTs would be on, they'd be on more often. If people want to congregate in public/private rooms then - that's fine, because they aren't doing it just for a prize, they're doing it (maybe for a prize) but mainly because they want to be on (even if for a prize).

The issue is that if you're only on for a prize, that's not "normal" playing.

----------

So now you're labeling majority of the player's motive for being in the rooms is for the prize and not to be social? Do you know how absurd you sound?
Considering people are cloning, getting on only for the events (cough), etc., yes, I'm labeling a lot of players' motive as getting a prize.

----------

exactly. it's just in a different location, which isn't a bad thing.. it actually populates the rooms that wouldn't have been popularized if the event wasn't a thing.
For 2 hours. If the events weren't announced, they'd be populated the whole day through.

For 2 hours. If the events weren't announced, they'd be populated the whole day through.
lol what game do u play
go to sci-fi rn
how many ppl are there?
maybe 1 or 2
during events,
how many ppl are there?
maybe 19 waiting in queue to get in the room.
the only time the rooms are populated is when a quest goes on or a game or something.
ppl don't just sit in the rooms unless there's an event..
not agreeing with you by saying that, i'm saying it's more populated bc of the events, which is a good thing.. makes use of the rooms.

edit: sci-fi isn't a good example because an event is about to happen in 37 minutes and people wait over an hour.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
It wouldn't be the same times every day. It'd be when the HOSTs want. Let's say Cell wants to come on (or can come on) from 3-3:30 one day. The next, it may be 9-10 AM. It provides more diverse times.

Dreams month was never meant to be this structured in the original VMK. Furthermore, the game does not revolve around any one person's schedule, and, frankly, I've seen more complaints of "I can't make the current times at all" than I have seen "The current times are great and the only ones that fit in my schedule!" For people who the current times don't work for them, this would give them a chance to get a prize when they're playing the game.

Lastly, you shouldn't be getting on particularly for the host events. Again, that's not the purpose of dreams month. The dreams month is supposed to be a month that rewards players for playing the game as normal - not rewarding those who get on during pre-published times just for the events. If you don't like this, tough. It's how it's supposed to be. Staff have said before that it's supposed to be "play like normal", and not announcing the times would both give more people a chance to get a prize, as well as making people play the game more, as they won't know when they'll be on.
Yes but don't you think making the times unlisted, unscheduled and (let's face it) completely cattywampus would provoke even more complaints? Especially since that makes it even more difficult for people to be able to make the events because they aren't announced.

Whether people play just for host events, or whether they play just to play and happen upon host events doesn't matter. People need to realize this isn't VMK anymore, it's MyVMK and it is going to be run (as it has been since day 1) as those that run it see fit. Sure they may base some aspects off of the original game and try to keep them similar, but in more ways than a few, this game is very different from VMK. If Dreams month in VMK was meant to reward players that are playing and it was unannounced, that's all well and dandy, but MyVMK's Dreams month has become a scheduled host event that happens twice a day. People don't come on unless there's an event going on anyway because there's nothing to do. It's in Beta, we get that, and because it's in Beta there's a lot missing, so don't expect a lot of people to play 24/7 when it's unfinished. It's just how it is, and how it's been since day 1. Once the residual excitement of having VMK back wore off a bit, more and more people became bored with what's available and that's normal. Host events are exciting times for people to play, that's just how it is.

In VMK the Host's and staff were paid to sit there and play this game all day. So they had a reason to be on, especially during specific events for Hosts, because they ran them. If we leave the event times up to the leisure of the staff, who's to say they won't forget to come on, or will even come on for a fair amount of time (30 mins would not be fair)? At least having a schedule designates them either 2 or 4 hr windows each day they're meant to be on, to be on for the event. I feel like if we take the schedule away and just run it the same way it was run in VMK there will be a lot more complaints than there are now.

I think the Dreams Squad events can be tweaked a little more and improved, but I definitely don't think taking the schedule away and leaving it up to the leisure of the Hosts/staff would be a smart way to run this event.

Last edited:

Whispered

lol what game do u play
go to sci-fi rn
how many ppl are there?
maybe 1 or 2
during events,
how many ppl are there?
maybe 19 waiting in queue to get in the room.
the only time the rooms are populated is when a quest goes on or a game or something.
ppl don't just sit in the rooms unless there's an event..
not agreeing with you by saying that, i'm saying it's more populated bc of the events, which is a good thing.. makes use of the rooms.

edit: sci-fi isn't a good example because an event is about to happen in 37 minutes and people wait over an hour.
Right. So if the event was "random times all day", sure it may not be 20 people in queue, but it'd be constantly 10+... In your logic, people get into rooms when events are going on. So if the event was all day, sure it wouldn't be as many constantly, but it'd be a higher than before number constantly.

Exodus

Considering people are cloning, getting on only for the events (cough), etc., yes, I'm labeling a lot of players' motive as getting a prize.
1. The cloning problem has been directly addressed and explained by Amy. Your lack of knowledge of that shows you haven't been active in these events to see how they've been greatly improving.

2. What's wrong with people ONLY getting on for events? That isn't new. If you've forgotten, we've had host months since October. Everyone knows the amount of people on the server increases during host events (with or without clones). It's not foreign.

3. Once again, who are you to label players' motives? Who are you?

Whispered

Yes but don't you think making the times unlisted, unscheduled and (let's face it) completely cattywampus would provoke even more complaints? Especially since that makes it even more difficult for people to be able to make the events because they aren't announced.

Whether people play just for host events, or whether they play just to play and happen upon host events doesn't matter. People need to realize this isn't VMK anymore, it's MyVMK and it is going to be run (as it has been since day 1) as those that run it see fit. Sure they may base some aspects off of the original game and try to keep them similar, but in more ways than a few, this game is very different from VMK. If Dreams month in VMK was meant to reward players that are playing and it was unannounced, that's all well and dandy, but MyVMK's Dreams month has become a scheduled host event that happens twice a day. People don't come on unless there's an event going on anyway because there's nothing to do. It's in Beta, we get that, and because it's in Beta there's a lot missing, so don't expect a lot of people to play 24/7 when it's unfinished. It's just how it is, and how it's been since day 1. Once the residual excitement of having VMK back wore off a bit, more and more people became bored with what's available and that's normal. Host events are exciting times for people to play, that's just how it is.

In VMK the Host's and staff were paid to sit there and play this game all day. So they had a reason to be on, especially during specific events for Hosts, because they ran them. If we leave the event times up to the leisure of the staff, who's to say they won't forget to come on, or will even come on for a fair amount of time (30 mins would not be fair)? At least having a schedule designates them either 2 or 4 hr windows each day they're meant to be on, to be on for the event. I feel like if we take the schedule away and just run it the same way it was run in VMK there will be a lot more complaints than there are now.

I think the Dreams Squad events can be tweaked a little more and improved, but I definitely don't think taking the schedule away and leaving it up to the leisure of the Hosts/staff would be a smart way to run this event.
On the subject of fairness, right now it's 2 hours twice a day if I am thinking correctly. That's 4 hours a day. If each of 4 hosts can find 30 minutes twice a day, or 1 hour once a day, to come on, that'd be the same amount of time. Or, 2 hosts find 2 hours each, etc. They can clear it with Amy/Grizz/each other and have a private schedule - that way they can't forget without being called out. I just don't think it falls with the purpose that HOSTs want this month to be if people are able to just get on for the events. It doesn't seem like what they want. I'd appreciate clarification from hosts, but the way I see it this is really the easiest way to get people to play normally.

Right. So if the event was "random times all day", sure it may not be 20 people in queue, but it'd be constantly 10+... In your logic, people get into rooms when events are going on. So if the event was all day, sure it wouldn't be as many constantly, but it'd be a higher than before number constantly.
now you're contradicting urself
what ur saying is that ppl aren't gonna play the game even longer than they don't already
ur basically saying this:
-during the events now, ppl don't play the game. host want us to play normally, and during the 2 hr events, this isn't what's happening.
-during events like my suggestion, ppl won't play the game all day. hosts want us to play normally, which means that everyone would be in every single room waiting for the hosts all day.

so lol

Whispered

1. The cloning problem has been directly addressed and explained by Amy. Your lack of knowledge of that shows you haven't been active in these events to see how they've been greatly improving.

2. What's wrong with people ONLY getting on for events? That isn't new. If you've forgotten, we've had host months since October. Everyone knows the amount of people on the server increases during host events (with or without clones). It's not foreign.

3. Once again, who are you to label players' motives? Who are you?
1. I was using that as an example to show how people are only on during the events to get prizes.

2. It's not the purpose of the month. Dreams month is supposed to be different from other events.

3. I can clearly see, as can others, that your motive for playing VMK is to get the HOST items - you said it yourself, you only get on nowadays for the HOST events. Many other people are the same way as you. Dreams month is supposed to combat this, by forcing people to play normally to get prizes.

----------

now you're contradicting urself
what ur saying is that ppl aren't gonna play the game even longer than they don't already
ur basically saying this:
-during the events now, ppl don't play the game. host want us to play normally, and during the 2 hr events, this isn't what's happening.
-during events like my suggestion, ppl won't play the game all day. hosts want us to play normally, which means that everyone would be in every single room waiting for the hosts all day.

so lol
I'd love you to quote, using bold, where I've said that people won't play the game more with unannounced times. I've said quite the opposite. If the times are unnanounced, those who are playing normally will play the game more, whereas those who are only in it for the prizes will be playing less. That's the point of Dreams Month.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
On the subject of fairness, right now it's 2 hours twice a day if I am thinking correctly. That's 4 hours a day. If each of 4 hosts can find 30 minutes twice a day, or 1 hour once a day, to come on, that'd be the same amount of time. Or, 2 hosts find 2 hours each, etc. They can clear it with Amy/Grizz/each other and have a private schedule - that way they can't forget without being called out. I just don't think it falls with the purpose that HOSTs want this month to be if people are able to just get on for the events. It doesn't seem like what they want. I'd appreciate clarification from hosts, but the way I see it this is really the easiest way to get people to play normally.
I haven't seen anything indicating they feel any kind of way or want anything in particular regarding this event. It started off as being scheduled for a reason, and since they set the schedule I'd safely assume they want it to be scheduled for it to be fair. If the times are unannounced it doesn't raise the probability of winning something, it puts a lot more people at a disadvantage.

Which will in turn, provoke many more complaints. People aren't going to play normally right now. There isn't anything really to do. Jungle Cruise, Fireworks, and Riding the ALR/PPR rides got old for a lot of people a while ago. If this was a fully operational VMK I could see that being more plausible, but right now we're in Beta and it's very unfinished. That being so, don't expect a lot of people to play all day like they used to. People will more likely play normally when we're out of Beta and fully operational.

As is, there isn't a way to get people to play normally, and having a set schedule for the Dream squad proves that the staff know people will show up if it's scheduled. If they don't announce it and the Hosts just mosey around at their leisure, they'll find that the game will be quite empty, and the prize winners rather lackluster. Having scheduled times gets people to play, and if that's the only times they feel it's worth playing that's at the discretion of the player.

The reality is, having the Squad runs unannounced would more than likely peeve more people, than it would solve their complaints.

And whether anyone wants to recognize this key factor or not: This isn't the original Dreams Month. This is MyVMK's Dreams Month. Expect differences from the original event.

Last edited:

Kay

i don't know
but there has to be five people in a room active at one time, and usually when i'm online not for the dreams event i'm only with one or two other people. i'd never win. i like set times for events, not just random. i chat with the room and make new friends.

Cleaned up the thread. Personal attacks and disrespect is not tolerated on the forums. If this behavior continues the thread will be closed.

Disrespect
Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, publicly criticizing staff members, and refusing to heed warnings set forth by forum staff.

Fiyero

And whether anyone wants to recognize this key factor or not: This isn't the original Dreams Month. This is MyVMK's Dreams Month. Expect differences from the original event.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to bring up by saying this. Yes, this isn't VMK, but it is a remake of the original game so it should be similar as well. I can see where there can be some give and take in this situation, but saying "This is MyVMK not VMK" just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Furthermore, if players enjoyed the system VMK had, don't they have a right to ask for the same system to be implemented? Dreams Month was one of the most popular months on VMK and it has been asked for a lot to come back on this game. Personally when I asked for Dreams Month from MyVMK Santa, I invisoned it being the same as it used to be and to be honest, it's kinda bumming me out that it's not that way.

I understand the factors around this decision you are bringing up (host schedule, amount of players) but at the same time, I agree with Whispered with the fact that this would make it so players played the game somewhat normally (socializing with friends in guest rooms, playing games, riding rides, grabbing a group of 4 other people and calling yourself the Fab 5 ;) ). And personally, I think the way it was done was a bit more magical. You just played the game and a HOST popped in and gave us all prizes. You weren't really expecting it because of a set time, and it was a great surprise to make your dreams come true.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Leave it how it is.
I feel like no time schedule is going to make even more complaints and I feel like a lot less people win due to them having literally no clue when the hosts will come, yeah people hang out in rooms waiting for a host BUT as long as they're talking and enjoying themselves while waiting it doesn't matter. You have the people who wait and complain constantly at the same time, those people are annoying but frankly I don't really care if they're upset because their impatience isn't relevant to an entire event for hundreds of others. If this really was incorporated I feel like they could do it for a secret hour of every day randomly outside of the actual dream events, but don't completely throw away the time schedule that would create a huge stressful mess

Whispered

Leave it how it is.
I feel like no time schedule is going to make even more complaints and I feel like a lot less people win due to them having literally no clue when the hosts will come, yeah people hang out in rooms waiting for a host BUT as long as they're talking and enjoying themselves while waiting it doesn't matter. You have the people who wait and complain constantly at the same time, those people are annoying but frankly I don't really care if they're upset because their impatience isn't relevant to an entire event for hundreds of others. If this really was incorporated I feel like they could do it for a secret hour of every day randomly outside of the actual dream events, but don't completely throw away the time schedule that would create a huge stressful mess
What about lessen the current times by one hour each, and then have 2 one hour random sessions at other times?

Status
Not open for further replies.