Favourite Quotes of All Time

"How do you measure the life of a woman or a man? The truths that she learned? The times that he cried? The bridges he burned? The way that she died?"

I dunno why. I still can't get this out of my head. It's from RENT.

supernovagirl

I forgot about this quote from the movie Fever Pitch:
Because they haven't won a World Series in a century or so? So what? They're here. Every April, they're here. At 1:05 or at 7:05, there is a game. And if it gets rained out, guess what? They make it up to you. Does anyone else in your life do that? The Red Sox don't get divorced. This is a real family. This is the family that's here for you.

Foamy

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything; It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good, just, and beautiful. - Plato

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything; It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good, just, and beautiful. - Plato
Who doesn't love Plato? <3

aceastrofan

The one and only...
"Sometimes, people do stupid things. Sometimes they don't realize what should have come first. Until it's too late. "

Heard it in South Park. IDK why but I like it.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." -Jessica Rabbit, "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"

"He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man." -Jordan Baker, "The Great Gatsby": F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Sadness isn't sadness, It's happiness in a black jacket. Tears are not tears, They're balls of laughter dipped in salt. Death is not death, it's life that's jumped off a tall cliff." -Paul McCartney, The Beatles

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon, The Beatles

Favorite lyrics/quotes?

"sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger,
the person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger" ~ fob <3

"I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do"
- David Bowie

Perfume

I really like Ed Sheeran's lyrics.
"All I want is the taste that your lips allow."
"I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet."
"But the world looks better through your eyes."
"My chest is a pillow for your weary head to lay to rest again."
Lol those are just a few, but honestly I like his sense of "romance" in his lyrics. Idk how else to put it but if you really listen to the words, you'll fall in love with his way of wording things ha. It's sweet.

Jasmine

Well I have a quote from my favorite song in my signature :D.

My friend kind of got me obsessed with Demi's version of "Let It Go" and my favorite part is:
"Standing frozen in the life I've chosen. You won't find me. The past is all behind me...buried in the snow."

Quotes:
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." (Hopefully someone will recognize where this quote is from :P.)

"Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now, Christians have been the most intolerant of all men." - Voltaire.

"To be yourself in a world that's constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

Well I have a quote from my favorite song in my signature :D.

My friend kind of got me obsessed with Demi's version of "Let It Go" and my favorite part is:
"Standing frozen in the life I've chosen. You won't find me. The past is all behind me...buried in the snow."

Quotes:
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." (Hopefully someone will recognize where this quote is from :P.)

"Of all religions, the Christian should of course inspire the most tolerance, but until now, Christians have been the most intolerant of all men." - Voltaire.

"To be yourself in a world that's constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
The Great Gatsby;)

Whispered

I have a few lines from all over the music world, and even more quotes:

No good deed goes unpunished, no act of charity goes unresented, no good deed goes unpunished, that's my new creed.. My road of good intentions led where such roads always lead... No good deed goes unpunished." - Elphaba in Wicked (No Good Deed).
"As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly! And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free..." - Elphaba (again) in Wicked (Defying Gravity). Interesting thing is that the person she's now "flying" from is the one who told her "Everyone deserves the chance to fly" which just ugh the meaning in Wicked I just fanboy over it.

"You say I couldn't last a day in the real world, I'd say you couldn't survive one night in mine." - Asking Alexandria (Closure).

yeah there's probably more lyrics I'm forgetting as I've been on a Wicked binge so I have literally forgotten 99 of other music. For real life quotes (ill add more later e.e):

"Do not raise your children the way [your] parents raised you, they were born for a different time." - Ali Bin Abi Thalib, ca. 600 AD

Stefa

English&Literature Major
Quotes:

1) GATSBY of course. I'm an English and Literature major and that book is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. I could go on and on and analyze it for days.
2) (As a Christian myself) this is the most heart-breakingly true statement. Brilliant Quote.

"Now in my twenties, all that matters
Is sex cars and money
I ain't got none of the three
So basically, I am invisible to all of the fellas
And I sit at home jealous
There was no golden ticket
In my chocolate today"

"Stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown