Feedback on Future Lowering of Credit Rates for Mini Games

How do you feel about mini game credits being lowered

• I think it's a good idea (Explain why in comments if possible)

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • I don't care one way or the other

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have mixed feelings about it (Explain why in comments if possible)

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I think it's a bad idea (Explain why in comments if possible)

Votes: 104 83.2%

• Total voters

aliceblue

There may have been a thread about this in the past, but not everyone may be aware of the current plans to change the credit rates of the games after POTC opens, to what they were in VMK; which is about half of what they are now.

How do you feel about this? Please vote and/or comment below. (Keep it respectful please! )

Soul

I think that its probably not the best idea to change it, i mean im sure people will complain a lot, and really there isnt a need for it bc stuff are hard to get already, so why make it harder just so it can be the same as vmk? :\

I don't think they should be lowered. I can't play Fireworks due to bad eyesight and I absolutely hated Pirates and refused to play it unless for a quest which only leaves JC for me to get any credits. HM was my game and until that is out I think the credit payout should stay the same.

JoyArlene

I truly do not understand why it seems to be the object of the powers that be to make it more and more difficult to make credits. I struggle to play Jungle Cruise now that the animals are random. I am not a young person and I am getting worse and worse credits as it is in Jungle Cruise, where in the original I could make 64,000 fairly easily. Now IF I play an entire game I might get 34,000. I was thrilled to have JC give more than 20 credits, thank you for that. I can play fireworks but I tense up trying to do a decent score so I try not to play. I hated pirates because even if a friend sat still for me to shoot them I would miss. I loved Haunted Mansion but that game is not available yet. Please don't lower the scores for JC. Actually I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if you could put JC back to the way it was and make us put a code in to play or something so that I could get the scores I used to back in the day, or at least closer to what I used to get. I am truly thankful for the game and I hope you will take our thoughts into consideration, thanks Joy

The credit payout will be similar to that of VMK's, and we will also have more frequent double credit days (Right now the current idea is to have weekly double credits, with each day a new mini-game will be doubled). Mini-games like Fireworks are actually giving double the amount of credits that VMK gave at the moment, and that was stated from the beginning that it will only be temporary until more mini-games came out.

Jungle Cruise won't give out 20 credits like before, so you don't need to worry about that. It will probably only be changed slightly to match fireworks, but I don't think it will be changed too much.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Just a question why is there a need to lower the credits. Even if more people are playing pirates. I can not see the majority spending their entire time just on pirates. You have to have time to trade and build rooms. So really help us understand why it is being lowered. I gave my response as to why I think it should stay the way it is. Big missing piece in this equation is park quests that gave exclusive items that leveled the playing field. Super rare in crates is not the same thing. Meaning if you could get to Disney you could get great items to trade. Not just luck. So I think with the lack of the exclusive items those not great at games are having enough trouble keeping up. They can not go to the park and get items to compensate like they did in VMK. Not all players are gamers. Even Amy says she is bad at the games.

@Grizzly maybe if we could try and understand why the need to lower to original VMK levels is absolutely necessary then when it happens we will not be so upset.

Just because it was that way in VMK is not helping people to understand thanks

QueenCinderella

I agree, I cannot think of a great reason to lowering the amount of credits we get per each mini-game, but I do think that the creators and staff members are only doing what they think best for the game, and they know better than I when it comes to that.
However, as mentioned (or hinted at) by players above, there a lot of downsides to lowering the credits. For one, it'll cause a recession. Players' "income," if you will, won't be as high. Just because there are more mini-games does not mean that we will be earning as many credits-per-hour. Plus, I'm pretty sure that people trading rare items will not lower the price of the sprees they want, so trading will slow. If the recession is bad and noticeable, I think it would deter new players who used to trade in the old VMK. In addition, if people earn less, they won't buy rooms or furnishings as often (unless those prices get lowered too, which they might), which would in turn lower the amount and speed of new guest rooms being created, which are a major part of the game.
Eventually, the prices will all even out and the economy will return to a new equilibrium like it is right now, but nobody likes to live through a recession. As mentioned before, maybe they are doing it to counter the high trading prices? I wasn't big on trading in the original VMK so maybe there is rampant inflation and that combined with being more true to the original is why they are doing it? :huh:

Just a question why is there a need to lower the credits. Even if more people are playing pirates. I can not see the majority spending their entire time just on pirates. You have to have time to trade and build rooms. So really help us understand why it is being lowered. I gave my response as to why I think it should stay the way it is. Big missing piece in this equation is park quests that gave exclusive items that leveled the playing field. Super rare in crates is not the same thing. Meaning if you could get to Disney you could get great items to trade. Not just luck. So I think with the lack of the exclusive items those not great at games are having enough trouble keeping up. They can not go to the park and get items to compensate like they did in VMK. Not all players are gamers. Even Amy says she is bad at the games.

@Grizzly maybe if we could try and understand why the need to lower to original VMK levels is absolutely necessary then when it happens we will not be so upset.

Just because it was that way in VMK is not helping people to understand thanks
All of the items that have been released in the store (excluding custom items) follow VMK's credit pricing. Every item costs exactly how it was in VMK (give or take a few items that were never sold). This makes sense to change the mini-game credit ratio to how it was in VMK since the item pricing is the same as well. If we keep the credit payout higher, the only option would be to make item prices higher (which is actually a partial reason why some custom hats cost 10,000 credits).

We definitely aren't doing this to make your lives harder or your time less enjoyable. We have a reasoning for it and we only have the best intentions for the game. If worse comes to worst, we can always adjust and play around with the payouts. Not to mention, we can always have item sales and other ideas we don't want to spoil just yet. :)

greeniemimi

Just call me Mims. :)
Sorry, Grizzly...your reasoning doesn't make sense to me. You say that lowering the payouts of the games available now would bring this version to the original's level of payout. That's not possible. As Belle stated above, we had other ways of acquiring items, ie: in-park quests, more NPCs, free building supplies/ride pieces from host ride-a-thons (which, btw, lasted 2 days, not a few hours), code-generating mini-games, promotional codes for free items, magics and room prizes from games, in-game quests, etc. I'll admit I don't put in nearly the same amount of time into this version, I don't have the time, nor do I wish to devote the free time I do have to the games available. My opinion may not matter to anyone, but I vote to leave the payouts as they are. :)