Fifty Shades of Grey

Megara

no sleep club
Not gonna lie, I'm not interested. The book itself is.. inaccurate, in many aspects (... that I definitely won't go into detail about on the forums).

And I read somewhere that it was originally supposed to be Twilight fanfiction or smthn ??? lolol

iTony

Ohana means family.
My mother read the series, and I will never put a finger on this book. If it is on the ground, I will not pick it up :P

Anyhow, @Megara is right. The story was supposed to be a fan fiction of another book or movie. I just looked it up, and it was indeed Twilight. At first it used the actual characters, then she swapped out the characters and made it an original.

Goofyono

One of those movies that I might get around to watching (months later) when I have nothing better to do. I couldn't stand the book tbh. Writing was not creative at all.

mark

10 mins late to everything
yeah i know it was a twilight fanfic rumor has it, people think the author should be sued, and ya @jafart obvs 2 yung to read the book if the movie is rated R or another version NC17

Uhm...I haven't even read/seen Twilight let alone have any desire to read FSoG. I'm good. :giggle:

I, too, am trying to figure out why FS is soooo special compared to other contemporary romance/erotica books (neither of which I read, for yer information). I'm told the writing to poor, so what's the magic formula? :huh: The fact a story glamorizing abuse/manipulation became a #1 best seller and appeals to teenagers is frightfully disturbing.

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Uhm...I haven't even read/seen Twilight let alone have any desire to read FSoG. I'm good. :giggle:

I, too, am trying to figure out why FS is soooo special compared to other contemporary romance/erotica books (neither of which I read, for yer information). I'm told the writing to poor, so what's the magic formula? :huh: The fact a story glamorizing abuse/manipulation became a #1 best seller and appeals to teenagers is frightfully disturbing.
I've too heard the story is written horribly. I think it was one of those right time, right place novels that was shocking and was able to create controversary which generates sales.