Fireworks.. Not counting all the fireworks.

For whatever reason, points are not being awarded for certain fireworks. I know this because my score was 1955 towards the end of the last level and I hit a number of fireworks at the end and did not get credit for them. This appears to not be restricted to the last level and may be happening throughout the game.

Thanks Geggy, I don't have the technology for that kind of thing.

But I literally played just a game where I got 810 in the first round, then I could barely get 400. It's very inconsistent in counting the score. Oddly enough though, it appeared that everyone that was in the same instance of the game was encountering the same issue. It wasn't as if I was falling behind. I was actually in first place.

Geggy

Thanks Geggy, I don't have the technology for that kind of thing.

But I literally played just a game where I got 810 in the first round, then I could barely get 400. It's very inconsistent in counting the score. Oddly enough though, it appeared that everyone that was in the same instance of the game was encountering the same issue. It wasn't as if I was falling behind. I was actually in first place.
My hunch (and it really is just a hunch) is that just one or two variations of the games are working as programmed. There are a handful of variations - not sure how many - so some times you might get the one that scores a little better. I certainly am not sure, though. All I know is that most games I'm struggling to break 3,000 points, and I finally got one that I almost got 4,000 points in. My gameplay hasn't hardly changed...

My hunch (and it really is just a hunch) is that just one or two variations of the games are working as programmed. There are a handful of variations - not sure how many - so some times you might get the one that scores a little better. I certainly am not sure, though. All I know is that most games I'm struggling to break 3,000 points, and I finally got one that I almost got 4,000 points in. My gameplay hasn't hardly changed...
Same here.

This is what I was thinking, and sounds like what should be investigated.

I am trying to play now and the game keeps freezing. First game made it through all levels and it didn't take me back to the lobby, so I didn't get any credits at all. Second game it froze after first round and I can't get out of the game without closing out.

Geggy

The video I created can be reached at this link.

For exactly how the scoring is, I pulled up my video from VMK. I compared both first rounds for exact scoring and discovered that MyVMK's Remixed didn't count three (3) of my fireworks toward my score. I know that because I had sixteen "flawless" clicks and only thirteen changes in score. That's merely the first round. I'm quite sure it happens in every single level because I watched the last firework not get counted over and over and over.

My guess is that this might be a side effect of the 'fix' they made for this morning's exploited glitch. That's merely speculation based upon what I believe the 'glitch' was, but I don't know for sure. Here's a breakdown of each individual firework and the corresponding score from each video:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Firework[/TD]
[TD]VMK[/TD]
[TD]Flawless[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]MyVMK[/TD]
[TD]Flawless[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]1.5[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]1.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]56[/TD]
[TD]2.5[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]56[/TD]
[TD]2.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]80[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]80[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]104[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]128[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]128[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]skip 8 for combo[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]152[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]182[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]skipped 9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]206[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]176[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]230[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]200[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]284[/TD]
[TD]combo[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]224[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]308[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]248[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]332[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]272[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]356[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]no change[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]410[/TD]
[TD]combo[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]no change[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]434[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]no change[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]13/16 were counted toward my score[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

There were also no bonus combinations for MyVMK's game.
This alone would have added 66 points to the total score from Lvl1 Rnd1 (60 for built-in combos, and +6 for the combo you achieve when you skip a firework for the combo). One of the combos is completed by skipping firework #8 - the others were build in at firework #12 and firework #16.

Thanks for all of that info, Geggy!! :thumbsup:

Anytime I can help, I will try! It's been really bugging me that my first round score has yet to be 434... now I know why. lol
I remember when I was struggling to reach my old VMK score -- you helped me and many others a great deal back then as well. :)